Pigs might fly...Charlton (h) 28th Jan 2017

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Pigs might fly...Charlton (h) 28th Jan 2017

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:48 pm

boltonboris wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Athertonian wrote:Sick of arguing regarding Madine because I think he's a waste of a shirt. He has no skill no idea and no pace. "yeah but he gives 100%" said the voice aimed in my direction. Madine can't score goals and for what he does is no use to this team.

From what I have witnessed in recent league games were going to need a lot of good fortune if we are to gain automatic promotion and even the play offs.

I know the club is still in deep shit and we can't afford a goal scorer but please Parky drop the dead donkey.
How many chances did he miss? I mean he wasn't very good today generally. But you could have Lineker in his pomp up there today and it'd have made no difference. We created nowt.
You can't create chances when your striker doesn't make a run.
True. Though still hard for any striker when the ball is passed sideways in front of a team. If nobody is prepared to get behind the defence it's tough....

Totally agree about Madine's movement in the box, it's non existent. It isn't even something that requires ability. Just basic effort and desire.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: Totally agree about Madine's movement in the box, it's non existent. It isn't even something that requires ability. Just basic effort and desire.
This is my issue with Madine, yes he is absolutely shite - he can't head a ball or shoot without scuffing it, but its his lack of effort & desire that is my biggest issue with Madine.

I've watched him regularly, to see his general movement and what he does when we have the ball and from the stands it looks like he plays like he really doesn't give a shite - he looks like he's sulking, and I personally think that he's lazy & puts as little as possible effort in games.

I've gone to games with non BWFC fans at home on occasions last season & this, and even though they don't know who he is they comment on how bad he is. Even when the ball is crossed to him in the air, for a big man he doesn't attack the ball with any intent or desire - he either jumps too early or late....the odd time that he wins the 1st ball he just stands still, doesn't make runs into space or show for the ball - he's basically a big target man in a team that likes to play directly, but he's a very poor one.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:46 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: Totally agree about Madine's movement in the box, it's non existent. It isn't even something that requires ability. Just basic effort and desire.
This is my issue with Madine, yes he is absolutely shite - he can't head a ball or shoot without scuffing it, but its his lack of effort & desire that is my biggest issue with Madine.

I've watched him regularly, to see his general movement and what he does when we have the ball and from the stands it looks like he plays like he really doesn't give a shite - he looks like he's sulking, and I personally think that he's lazy & puts as little as possible effort in games.

I've gone to games with non BWFC fans at home on occasions last season & this, and even though they don't know who he is they comment on how bad he is. Even when the ball is crossed to him in the air, for a big man he doesn't attack the ball with any intent or desire - he either jumps too early or late....the odd time that he wins the 1st ball he just stands still, doesn't make runs into space or show for the ball - he's basically a big target man in a team that likes to play directly, but he's a very poor one.
I think a lot of it might have to do with his mentality rather and lack of effort or desire. I remember in post match interviews after the Blackburn win last year, and the Gillingham win this season, where both times he had significantly contributed to us winning, he mentions how he hasn't been doing his job and not been scoring enough his goals. Basically pretty down on himself in what should be a positive moment . In one interview in the BEN, he mentions arguing with a fan at Wimbledon about the "washing machine" label. Essentially I see a player who isn't relaxed and doubting himself, and possibly almost afraid of missing.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:54 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:

I think a lot of it might have to do with his mentality rather and lack of effort or desire. I remember in post match interviews after the Blackburn win last year, and the Gillingham win this season, where both times he had significantly contributed to us winning, he mentions how he hasn't been doing his job and not been scoring enough his goals. Basically pretty down on himself in what should be a positive moment . In one interview in the BEN, he mentions arguing with a fan at Wimbledon about the "washing machine" label. Essentially I see a player who isn't relaxed and doubting himself, and possibly almost afraid of missing.
Yep. Think this is true. Scared to miss, so doesn't make the run.

I still think he mostly does a good job. But in the box he definitely goes missing. And misses.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:20 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:

I still think he mostly does a good job. But in the box he definitely goes missing. And misses.

I noticed that aswell. Think maybe a psychiatrist is in order to help him get more confident but he seems the sort that would be reluctant to try that sort of thing.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:29 am

Mar wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:

I noticed that aswell. Think maybe a psychiatrist is in order to help him get more confident but he seems the sort that would be reluctant to try that sort of thing.
I think Gary Madine crossed that particular rubicon a long, long time ago. His two-year deal is up in June. Goodbye.