Pigs might fly...Charlton (h) 28th Jan 2017

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Pigs might fly...Charlton (h) 28th Jan 2017

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:35 pm

We have a game in less than 24 hours. Surely time for a match thread. I am not optimistic. Going for 1-1 draw, Thorpe equalizing in the 90th minute.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Pigs might fly...Charlton (h) 28th Jan 2017

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:43 pm

We were just waiting for you B.W. :wink:

A win for us, any score that gets that will do.... :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:44 pm

Big game. Need to get our first win of the year.

Hear they have a few injury issues, so no excuse really. We've had a nice little rest.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:16 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Big game. Need to get our first win of the year.

Hear they have a few injury issues, so no excuse really. We've had a nice little rest.
Yeah. But we have weakened our squad......

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:28 pm

2 nil win No feckin about. Madine and Clayton
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:15 pm

Pigs might fly? Go on?!
May the bridges I burn light your way

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:30 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Pigs might fly? Go on?!
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... est-valley" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:59 am

I'd have gone with something about the Valley of Death or some such given the levels of New Year optimism from Insano and PT :D

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:41 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I'd have gone with something about the Valley of Death or some such given the levels of New Year optimism from Insano and PT :D

I thought the flying pigs reference was about our chances of making decent signings or filing accounts. I did read about the protest but had forgotten.
Anyway I may be an away Jonah but my home record is excellent (missed Swindon) and I'm there today.
2 nil and back on track.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:00 am

3-1 Bolton win....

However, if we don't win the team won't deserve automatic promotion IMO after the Swindon result, very important game this - if we don't win today we could be a long way adrift of the top two, regardless of the games in hand, and IMO we would be looking more at finishing in 3rd or 4th place more than 2nd.

Fingers crossed that the players are up for this game

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:26 am

Peter Thompson wrote:3-1 Bolton win....

However, if we don't win the team won't deserve automatic promotion IMO after the Swindon result, very important game this - if we don't win today we could be a long way adrift of the top two, regardless of the games in hand, and IMO we would be looking more at finishing in 3rd or 4th place more than 2nd.

You don't help yourself pal, do you? What's going through your head when you write that...
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:50 am

I'm beginning to think the half time team talks have been held by PT for a while now.

Hoping for a good result today.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:04 pm

If they finish in the top 2 after 46 games I'd suggest they do deserve automatic promotion irrespective of today's result.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:13 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Pigs might fly? Go on?!
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... est-valley" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ah, Cheers :D

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:14 pm

Prufrock wrote:

You don't help yourself pal, do you? What's going through your head when you write that...
Its just my opinion squire nothing more nothing less, certainly nothing for you to concern yourself with

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:18 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Its just my opinion squire nothing more nothing less, certainly nothing for you to concern yourself with
So, let me get this right, PT. If we don't win today but at the end of the season finish with the second largest points haul in the division, you'll still be of the opinion that our promotion will be undeserved because we didn't beat Charlton at home? Really?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:22 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Dude, you're posting on a *messageboard*. Of course your opinions are for other people to concern themselves with.

As LE says, if they finish second after 46 games they deserve it. If they lose today and then win the next 15, are you really saying they don't deserve to go up?!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:31 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Dude, you're posting on a *messageboard*. Of course your opinions are for other people to concern themselves with.

As LE says, if they finish second after 46 games they deserve it. If they lose today and then win the next 15, are you really saying they don't deserve to go up?!
PT declared after the last game that the players were unequivocally and irrevocably complete toss and didn't deserve anything ever again. Period. FACT.

I wouldn't set too much store by the ramblings of a madman...

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:48 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

PT declared after the last game that the players were unequivocally and irrevocably complete toss and didn't deserve anything ever again. Period. FACT.

I wouldn't set too much store by the ramblings of a madman...
Spot on....

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:01 pm

1-0 Wanderers. Not many goals scored or conceded by either team...