New broom in a new town MK Dons(a) 4th Feb 2017

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: New broom in a new town MK Dons(a) 4th Feb 2017

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:45 pm

We get done for a foul via Spearing to the derision of mic man and Zico. Now we come forth and Beevers wallops one into the ether. Come on Whites, get in there, one goal and a bit of good defending. Alf wins a free kick, Wilson looks in trouble and we're down to ten right now. Derik was the one who left and now we're fighting uphill. Spearing gets the verdict, O'Keefe handles the ref and gets a booking.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:54 pm

Come on lads, we can still do this. Seven mins to go for the valient ten. Spearing and.......ooohhh and Alf has to challenge as the Dons mamager waves an imaginary card Wxxxxxr. They come, mic lads berating the homers boss then......then......sound like some Womble behaviour going on and.....we go to Bury.....shxt.

Clayton, Madine, Alf all charging in there. They come fast and Ben has to knock one over the bar for a corner to them. In and....cleared. They come again and.....Ben gets it at the second attempt. We go......and.....Spearing has a do but it falls down....They go offside to Zico's delight. Ben wallops one and......they head it back Spearing gets it to Ben then he goes and.....we have some scores. They come again, four mins extra, Ben has to clear twice then.....Madine goes and.....the ref gives them a free kick. Alf getting dragged about...Ref doesn't give another foul on Alf.....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:57 pm

Still time to sneak one in here and take the points, ten men or no.....and.....mic lads moan at the ref s he gives the homers another free kick. Homers pressing, Alf has it, Clayton....they have a quick throw and.....Upson lobs one right at Ben....Throw them again and.....and.....they come again and...oh, what a time for us to break and......Vela bu they come again.....Zico going bananas at manager Neilsen. All over 1-1 for the ten.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:59 pm

Well, I'm generally happy with a point away, but once again we've conceded a winning position!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:00 pm

Not good enough.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:02 pm

I'm happy with a point. Scunthorpe lost. One point gained on them.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:03 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Well, I'm generally happy with a point away, but once again we've conceded a winning position!
A point is ok. Especially considering we've got a number of new lads in there.

Moxey clearly fecked up for their goal...so we will miss Taylor big time if he's out for any length of time.

Wilson going off injured doesn't help either.

Really think we are going to be hanging on for a play off place rather than troubling the top 2. Pack are catching us up at a pace and we've not yet won this year.

Next Saturday is an absolute must win now. Failure there and I think it's more than plausible we won't be troubling the top 6.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:04 pm

Well I am glad we have clung on for a point at a bog standard lesgue 1 side.

Its not the points away that are hurting us its our home defeats to shit teams. The two new lads who started sounded promising. Particularly impressed with Long sounding like he can win stuff in the air - maybe thats the key to dropping our striker who is afraid of shooting for the one who isn't. We can't continue to play a centre forward afraid of the penalty area.

Hope the full backs are ok. Moxey always drops a bollock.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:05 pm

Happy enough with a point, but our lack of wins is becoming an issue. Need a change of...fortune? Tactics? I don't know. Need that elusive win sooner than later, or we risk the season slipping away from an excellent position on New Years Day.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:06 pm

To be fair to parky he keeps going for wins with his subs. You cant fault gim for that, albeit we would be a point better off if he didnt. I wonder if it shows how desperate we are financially to be promoted?

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:08 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Well, I'm generally happy with a point away, but once again we've conceded a winning position!
Really think we are going to be hanging on for a play off place rather than troubling the top 2. Pack are catching us up at a pace and we've not yet won this year.

Next Saturday is an absolute must win now. Failure there and I think it's more than plausible we won't be troubling the top 6.
The 3 teams below us all drew. Results all went our way today.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:13 pm

Yes I'm happy enough with a point, but its yet another wasted opportunity with Scunthorpe losing and some tough fixtures coming up.

My worry again is Parkinson being totally reliant on Madine, and being incapable of finding a way / style of play without him regardless of not winning a game yet in 2017. Personally it was a daft decision to take Derik off for ALF, especially if Wilson was struggling - why not take Madine off for ALF, is Madine un droppable under Parkinson ?

I doubt that we'll go up automatically....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:16 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Yes I'm happy enough with a point, but its yet another wasted opportunity with Scunthorpe losing and some tough fixtures coming up.

My worry again is Parkinson being totally reliant on Madine, and being incapable of finding a way / style of play without him regardless of not winning a game yet in 2017. Personally it was a daft decision to take Derik off for ALF, especially if Wilson was struggling - why not take Madine off for ALF, is Madine un droppable under Parkinson ?

Christ, with Wilson struggling the smart thing was not bringing ALF on at all.

Marc Iles summed it up in the LoV podcast this week. People want us to open up and play two up front but whenever we do our midfield shows it isn't strong enough. We are, what we are, a team that needs to grind out results and create a few chances to eek out games. If we drop our levels at all we struggle.

Parky in recent weeks has IMO been overly positive with subs, chasing wins in games we ended up losing. I don't think we have the players to play an open attacking game. In fact I know we don't.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:20 pm

We've scored 20 odd less than Scunny and Sheff U. Tight and solid away and a point like today is fine. At home we've got to be more adventurous and that suggests no Madine and no holding midfielder imo
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:20 pm

I am delighted with a point. There were in really good form, and in theory we were going to be at our most vulnerable with the new guys coming in. Worrying about injuries to Taylor and Wilson. Encouraging that it sounds like Morais, Long and Solomon carried a threat.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:22 pm

@PT

Hind sight is a wonderful tool if you happen to own a time machine. Had he not brought on ALF and said it was due to Wilson having a tight hamstring what would be said then. I can imagine the "How are we expected to score if we keep our best options on the bench". Maybe his plan was to go 2 up top before the injury happened.

Shit happens and Meh.

We got a point playing with 10 men away from home in which the opposing team won 4-0 in their last game and in turn ended our run of losses.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:27 pm

DJBlu wrote:@PT

Hind sight is a wonderful tool if you happen to own a time machine. Had he not brought on ALF and said it was due to Wilson having a tight hamstring what would be said then. I can imagine the "How are we expected to score if we keep our best options on the bench". Maybe his plan was to go 2 up top before the injury happened.

Shit happens and Meh.

We got a point playing with 10 men away from home in which the opposing team won 4-0 in their last game and in turn ended our run of losses.
But its not really 2 up front with Madine is it, as he's not a goal threat....

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:29 pm

As I said above you certainly cant accuse parky of being negative when you look at subs onrecent games. Nearly cost us again at the back today.

I also think he is aware Madine isn't a goal threat, hence the long signing. Give it time to gel. Might be too late for automatic but hopefully play offs will be on. He certainly didnt plan on Clough being sold (given away) to balance the books for the rest pf the season.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:35 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:We've scored 20 odd less than Scunny and Sheff U. Tight and solid away and a point like today is fine. At home we've got to be more adventurous and that suggests no Madine and no holding midfielder imo
But they're not saddled with the dray horse up top. I mean, even Trevor Morgan made an effort.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:35 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:

Christ, with Wilson struggling the smart thing was not bringing ALF on at all.

Marc Iles summed it up in the LoV podcast this week. People want us to open up and play two up front but whenever we do our midfield shows it isn't strong enough. We are, what we are, a team that needs to grind out results and create a few chances to eek out games. If we drop our levels at all we struggle.

Parky in recent weeks has IMO been overly positive with subs, chasing wins in games we ended up losing. I don't think we have the players to play an open attacking game. In fact I know we don't.
I haven't heard anyone argue that we should play two up front, just that it might be an idea to try playing someone else up there now and then. We have enough attacking players to be a little more adventurous whilst still keeping things relatively solid. I just don't buy the idea that we have no choice but to play this same system week in, week out.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'