Over Hill, Over Dale - Tuesday 14th February (H)

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Over Hill, Over Dale - Tuesday 14th February (H)

Post by boltonboris » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:13 pm

If offered now, I'd take a win against Bradford and a defeat against Sheff Utd - A draw in both wouldn't be too shabby, given our away form

Not arsed about catching Sheff Utd at this stage, I think they're beyond us - Scunthorpe on the other hand......
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:40 pm

It's turning out to be a cracking season this. Easily the best we've had for a long, long time. Great win last night! Especially in light of the two tough games we've got coming up.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:41 pm

Agreed on two draws from next two as a target, lose one win one even better! Spearings a massive miss though, covers so well for Trotters lack of pace/speed of thought. That could well do us! Particularly at Bradford which is much more winnable.

Claytons not got long left now to earn a new deal, is he now below Wilkinson (Madine Alf and Long) in the pecking order? Starting to look like a real dissapoontment that lad.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:43 pm

As for catching Sheff U anything still possible.

Though I woukdnt of thought you lose ten games and win titles - so two defeats in the next two and we're pretty much done.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:47 pm

We've got to remember we have 10 away games left 6 home games left.

5 of those away games are against teams in the top 7. That is 5 very, tough games.

Personally still think we've a lot to do to make a play off place, taking aside automatic promotion.

Unless our away form drastically improved we won't be troubling the top 2 positions.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:53 pm

Absolute panic fanny bollocks. We're currently 6th in the "away table" despite having played at least two fewer away games than those above us. Current ppg we'd be 3rd on away form. We're top of the home table.

I don't think we'll catch Sheff Utd. I'd be astonished if we don't get in the play-offs.

I think the relative difficulty of those away games, and paucity of hoem games means 2nd would be a big ask.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:29 pm

Is there only me that thinks that Yaya Trotter actually had a decent game last night? ae:)
May the bridges I burn light your way

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:00 pm

We average 2.1ppg at home, 1.6 away. Keeping that up between now and the end of the season will give us 29 more points, putting us on 86 in total. I don't think we'll be far from the top two with that.

Obviously the away games we have are pretty tough, but the home games are comparatively straightforward which may well even it out.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:01 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Is there only me that thinks that Yaya Trotter actually had a decent game last night? ae:)
He wasn't bad, but he 10 yards off the pace too often. A few times last night, they played out from the back into a midfielder who had his back to goal, everyone pressed except Trotter, so the man with the ball just turned it round the corner to a man in space in the centre circle and they attacked us.. Everytime it happened (on Saturday too), Trotter was lumbering over 2 seconds too late to do anything about it
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:13 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Is there only me that thinks that Yaya Trotter actually had a decent game last night? ae:)
He wasn't bad, but he 10 yards off the pace too often. A few times last night, they played out from the back into a midfielder who had his back to goal, everyone pressed except Trotter, so the man with the ball just turned it round the corner to a man in space in the centre circle and they attacked us.. Everytime it happened (on Saturday too), Trotter was lumbering over 2 seconds too late to do anything about it

You're right, Boris, but he can't magic that couple of seconds up out of nothing. I guess what I'm returning to is once again there were plenty around me waiting to have a pop at him like his lack of pace is something he can work on. Give the guy a break because getting on his case really is only going to have one effect, and as we know, Trotter at his worst is far from pretty.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:28 pm

Are we assuming that Sheffield are invincible and that they're going to win all their remaining games? They've had a good first half season, but there's still time for a lean run from them. We keep winning, anything can happen with the others.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:38 pm

Well I think we're going to be champions.
Businesswoman of the year.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:42 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
boltonboris wrote:

You're right, Boris, but he can't magic that couple of seconds up out of nothing. I guess what I'm returning to is once again there were plenty around me waiting to have a pop at him like his lack of pace is something he can work on. Give the guy a break because getting on his case really is only going to have one effect, and as we know, Trotter at his worst is far from pretty.
Agreed. Parky has made a point in recent weeks of asking the crowd not to get on individual players backs. Specifically referencing Trotter and Moxey. But point applies across the board. Think some players here have struggled because they felt the crowd always was waiting for them to mess up.

Its not healthy. We have a small squad. We need total support from now till seasons end. For the team. We win games as a team, and lose them as a team.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:45 pm

It's a big "if", but win our two games in hand and we're a point behind Sheffield United and one ahead of Scunthorpe United. Exactly where we were on New Years Day.

We're well in this title race.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:56 pm

truewhite15 wrote:It's a big "if", but win our two games in hand and we're a point behind Sheffield United and one ahead of Scunthorpe United. Exactly where we were on New Years Day.

Sheff U play Scunny on Saturday. #prayforadraw ;)

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:05 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:It's a big "if", but win our two games in hand and we're a point behind Sheffield United and one ahead of Scunthorpe United. Exactly where we were on New Years Day.

Sheff U play Scunny on Saturday. #prayforadraw ;)
And for that reason a win for us would be massive. We'll either be pulling points back on Sheffield or moving back above scunny. Avoiding defeat away at Sheffield and Scunthorpe is also so important

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:08 pm

In fact our next two are so important. Lose them both and we'll have a lot of catching up to do, probably too much. We just need to be in a similar position to where we are now in 2 weeks

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:10 pm

A point for us at Bradford and a Sheff U win over Scunny would be decent outcome. Our games in hand are away at Southend and Oxford, neither of whom we beat at home.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:35 pm

A few highlights...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlyDywo8C0I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:41 pm

Bookings for celebrating are pathetic. What's the point. Absolute jobsworth nonsense.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.