On parade in the Valley of Glory, or Doom? Bradford (a) 18/2

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: On parade in the Valley of Glory, or Doom? Bradford (a)

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:55 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:If you think its ok to pick those two you clearly haven't seen either play. Terrible
They are what we have. Christ Parky must wonder what sort of troglodytes he's talking to when he's having to ask fans not to get on individuals backs.

Everyone knows their limitations. But they'd not play were our injuries and suspensions not as bad.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:59 pm

Absolutely...perhaps not running out fearful every mistake is going to risk pelters may help them play better. Who else could parky start at left wing back away from home against a top 6 side today?

BTW sounds like Henry made a difference - when i said we had no-one to change the game on the bench i genuinely forgot about him!

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:09 pm

Moxey could not have done worse if he had tried to throw the game. Bradford made a bee line for him. Obvious wreak link. Trotter looked like he was out for a stroll in the sunshine. Not interested in the slightest.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:13 pm

^^ I get that. And I know it's not a good day out unless the away fans have someone to boo, like a complete set of c*nts. But I'm fairly sure that a 2-2 from 2-nil down isn't the worst result in the world and was led to believe that Alnwick was actually at fault for both goals?

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:23 pm

Alnwick yes but watch the game and see how easy it was to run down the right wing. He honestly might as well not have been on the pitch

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:30 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:Alnwick yes but watch the game and see how easy it was to run down the right wing. He honestly might as well not have been on the pitch
Realistically, I suspect someone might suggest Parky was barking if we started with 10 players on the pitch...

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:37 pm

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... 2-2-bolton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pitch looks a bit grim
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:If you think its ok to pick those two you clearly haven't seen either play. Terrible
They are what we have. Christ Parky must wonder what sort of troglodytes he's talking to when he's having to ask fans not to get on individuals backs.

Everyone knows their limitations. But they'd not play were our injuries and suspensions not as bad.
Agreed. We're ahead of where we expected to be. Who realistically thought last August that by February we'd still be a good bet for automatic promotion? We need everyone to pull together now on and off the pitch. What we definitely don't need are players afraid to get the ball because they're so scared of making a mistake.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:52 pm

Superb cross for our equaliser
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:40 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:Well, I'm absolutely made up with that. At HT we could have gone one of two ways, lie down and lose with a whimper or stand up and fight and I'm delighted with the one that we choose. We musn't play Moxey and Trotter next week, though.
Enough with this shit. Moxey is out only fit left back. Trotter played well the previous two games.

Scapegoating players won't get us far. We have a squad ravaged by injuries and suspensions and need everyone to perform. Sounds like our keeper had a mare. Had he not, who knows?

Every player needs to make a contribution. Few weeks ago the daggers were out for Madine. He's going to likely finish our top scorer. And is scoring some important goals.
I haven't scapegoated anyone or got on anyone's back. If we have no option but to play them then fine, they'll get my full support whilst they're on the pitch - as would any player who pulls on the white shirt, I really am not one for booing anyone as long as they put the effort in - but Sheffield United will target them. I can see what Trotter offers to us and actually think that he's one of our better passers of a football, but against a midfield with a bit of pace and creativity he isn't quick enough, and Moxey commits himself too early. As for Madine, I don't think that he's a terrible player either, and I don't particularly object to him being in the team, but I just think that we now have better options and would quite like us to explore them.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:36 pm

'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:40 pm

Interesting reading the City gent forum. Christ there's some bitter posters on there. Plenty of decent points of view too, to be fair but the general gist is; Parkys Bradford team were a physical long ball outfit ergo so are we. McCall has them playing better football but is too nice and lacks a killer instinct. The view on our lot was that Madine was a threat, Trotter was soft for a big lad and Wheater & Beevers were clumsy but effective stoppers.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:16 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Interesting reading the City gent forum. Christ there's some bitter posters on there. Plenty of decent points of view too, to be fair but the general gist is; Parkys Bradford team were a physical long ball outfit ergo so are we. McCall has them playing better football but is too nice and lacks a killer instinct. The view on our lot was that Madine was a threat, Trotter was soft for a big lad and Wheater & Beevers were clumsy but effective stoppers.

Fook 'em.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:50 pm

We've beaten Sheff U twice, Scunny, beat Bradford on away goals (:D), beat Fleetwood...we're a decent side at this level - and we've had more injuries than most teams as well I reckon. Parky is a good manager doing a good job and no amount of bitternes changes that!

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:36 am

Very good point from being 2 down, both goals where the goalkeepers fault - schoolboy goal keeping

Trotter has to be one of the worst midfielders in BWFC history, he's shocking - the slowest, most cumbersome lazy player going. He simply cannot be allowed to start another game, its like playing with 10 men, I don't think he ever breaks sweat.

Look at the difference Henry made when he came on he changed the game, Henry is twice the player Trotter is and he should start against Sheff Utd.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:40 am

Peter Thompson wrote:Very good point from being 2 down, both goals where the goalkeepers fault - schoolboy goal keeping

Trotter has to be one of the worst midfielders in BWFC history, he's shocking - the slowest, most cumbersome lazy player going. He simply cannot be allowed to start another game, its like playing with 10 men, I don't think he ever breaks sweat.

Look at the difference Henry made when he came on he changed the game, Henry is twice the player Trotter is and he should start against Sheff Utd.
Lol. More nonsense. Henry isn't a central midfield player.

And again we've had players who have never come close to scoring the quality of goals Trotter has shown capable of.

He's good on the ball. Hopeless off it. But until we have Spearing back he will be starting.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:54 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:Very good point from being 2 down, both goals where the goalkeepers fault - schoolboy goal keeping

Lol. More nonsense. Henry isn't a central midfield player.

And again we've had players who have never come close to scoring the quality of goals Trotter has shown capable of.

He's good on the ball. Hopeless off it. But until we have Spearing back he will be starting.
Why nonsense because my opinion differs from yours & you think that you are always right.

How do you know he (Trotter) will start next week do you have a line to the manager, he simply can't start next week because he's an absolute liability and Sheff Utd will over run us like Bradford did 1st half yesterday, also I never said that Henry is a natural central midfielder but I'm sure that he could do a better job in that position than Trotter does, he's a cart horse.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:17 am

With who we have available, who should we go with for Sheffield. We know some players are (benefit of a very big foubt) limited.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:56 am

^
With the pace I expect this game to be played at, having three quality subs is paramount. If we can keep them from scoring ( and I doubt anybody doubts they won't be all over us on their own middin ) then I'd think (due to injuries and Spearing's ban) that starting with Trotter is what Phil will do. Yesterday,-and I go off the comentary and reactions on here and in the media- it was an impact sub who made the difference (Henry) late on. It won't be a cake walk but I'm giving Parky credit for viewing the game a bit beyond blood and thunder and seeing how he can best use what we have (which admittedly isn't very much right now) over ninety minutes. Trotter starting rather than coming on later makes sense to me. We're away at the league leaders, but two real blunders cost us yesterday, we handled the rest .I reckon he'll start with the same team including Alnwick. That's what he does to build confidence instead of playing the blame game. Just a view.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:17 pm

Only going off the highlights: feck Alnwick had a shocker. Incredible ball from Henry for the second.

We looked massively wide open and soft through the middle. Not sure the 3 at the back suits Wheater ave Beevers and their outstanding mobility
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.