Sheff Utd (A) 25/2/17 3pm

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Sheff Utd (A) 25/2/17 3pm

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:14 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:09 pm
dropped for fighting on the coach - tell us more - we love a scandal
Its more fight than the rest of the team has shown....

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:17 pm

I'll wait until Parky has spoken about Madine. On the face of it though, we've had to travel away to the league leaders without our captain or main striker, for no other reason than they are both thick as shit. You've got to have some sympathy for Parky for that,

Still, we've two home games coming up before Fleetwood, which are both very winnable (and in all likelihood games we must win if we're going to go up automatically). All to play for and forever to play it in.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:20 pm

Parkinson tactic away to the league leaders - hoof ball to Conor Wilkinson....!

Some tactician that lad Parkinson.....

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:23 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:20 pm
Parkinson tactic away to the league leaders - hoof ball to Conor Wilkinson....!

Some tactician that lad Parkinson.....
But it wasn't supposed to be was it?

We all intend to get to work on time but sometimes the bus is late.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:31 pm

No it was supposed to be hoof ball to Madine, so because he hasn't got a clue how to get a side to play football - instead of starting Long with ALF and trying to get the team to play football on the floor he replaces the static immobile Madine, with an even poorer version and just continued to lump aimless ball after aimless ball at Wilkinson.

Parkinson's tactic full stop is hoof ball that's it - end of, he's incapable of getting a side to play football on the deck....we must be one of the worst footballing sides in the 3rd division....training must be fun !

4 -5 days of who can kick the ball furthest & highest....

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:54 pm

Tombwfc wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:17 pm
I'll wait until Parky has spoken about Madine. On the face of it though, we've had to travel away to the league leaders without our captain or main striker, for no other reason than they are both thick as shit. You've got to have some sympathy for Parky for that,

Still, we've two home games coming up before Fleetwood, which are both very winnable (and in all likelihood games we must win if we're going to go up automatically). All to play for and forever to play it in.
Parky's said Madine had Flu-like symptoms

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:57 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:49 pm
Abysmal team selection - Conor Wilkinson WTF....IMO Parkinson is a poor, clueless average manager

I expected a defeat today, but the team is toothless they don't even compete - Parkinson is so over rated its unbelievable, he's no different to any of the previous wanker managers we've had, there is just no fight / bottle in this team and the football is fecking awful to watch, the team is soft as shit, weak as piss all over the pitch

It appears that Parkinson's thrown the game with his starting XI - its highly doubtful that we are going up this season that's for sure, the other teams at the top look to have more desire & hunger than us....and our away form is disgraceful.
Are you on drugs??
I've never read such a ridiculous and factually inaccurate post before....

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:57 pm

I think we will be in the Play-offs come the end of the Season....unfortunately our away form is letting us down overall and I don't think we will go up. Injuries and suspensions are catching up with us and we are only a small squad. Just think we will fall short

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:01 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:57 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:
Abysmal team selection - Conor Wilkinson WTF....IMO Parkinson is a poor, clueless average manager

I expected a defeat today, but the team is toothless they don't even compete - Parkinson is so over rated its unbelievable, he's no different to any of the previous wanker managers we've had, there is just no fight / bottle in this team and the football is fecking awful to watch, the team is soft as shit, weak as piss all over the pitch

It appears that Parkinson's thrown the game with his starting XI - its highly doubtful that we are going up this season that's for sure, the other teams at the top look to have more desire & hunger than us....and our away form is disgraceful.
Are you on drugs??
Don't worry he'll calm down in a couple of days.
You can't fault PTs passion. Its not all black or white, awesome or shite though.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:11 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:57 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:
Abysmal (etc)
Are you on drugs??
You're new round here, aren't you? :D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:24 pm

IF we fail to go up the main fault will lie with the owners. For failing to get us out of embargo meaning we can only have a limited squad and sign waifs and strays. Plus having to sell one of our better players in January without being able to reinvest the money in the squad.

That's enough. Without the slanging match and ongoing uncertainty which has had a tangible effect on results.

Even agains that backdrop we've still got a great chance of going up.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:26 pm

Parkinsons pragmatic approach has got, & kept us in contention, so I'll be keeping the faith but i can see PTs point, in that on occasion it'd be nice to see us mix it up and go for it. Starting with Wilkinson, who's never shown even a glimpse of being up to it imo, was a poor choice.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:38 pm

Phil Parkinson on signing footballers Alf, Long & Soloman on transfer deadline day

'"Lads, me & the coaches have been thinking long & hard over the past few weeks about changing the way we play to accommodate the new players who like to play the ball on the floor, so today instead of just aimlessly hoofing the ball to Madine we've decided to change the way we play so today we'd like you to aimlessly hoof the ball to Wilkinson instead"

PP = tactical genius

Transfer deadline day....

Ken - "Parky I've got you 3 decent footballers in the window so that we can start to actually play football now on the deck like most teams do - pass & move at pace, start to thread balls on the deck through midfield for ALF'y & Long'y to run on too"

Parkinson " I wish that you would have told me about this before signing them Ken, I haven't got a clue about how to use decent players & play good football on the floor - if it was down to me Ken I'd have preferred to sign those 2 6ft 5" forwards from the conference that we spoke about last week, so that we can hoof it even higher & further than we currently do with Madine"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:39 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:24 pm
IF we fail to go up the main fault will lie with the owners. For failing to get us out of embargo meaning we can only have a limited squad and sign waifs and strays. Plus having to sell one of our better players in January without being able to reinvest the money in the squad.

That's enough. Without the slanging match and ongoing uncertainty which has had a tangible effect on results.

Even agains that backdrop we've still got a great chance of going up.
Ameobi for only 3 months / not paying newcastle for him / whatever happened there is a biggie for me.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:49 pm

Meh.

With so many key players unavailable, we were always on a hiding to nothing and I fully expected us to get beat. I can't help but think that we'd have been better off playing a 4-2-3-1 with Vela in behind and Wabara at right-back but it is what it is.

From the admittedly brief moments that I've seen him play, I think that Chris Long can be a very important player for us so I'd like to see how we get on playing him from the start. If we'd just just try and play with the ball on the deck a bit more, and have a bit of luck with injuries and suspensions, I still think that we might just have enough to sneak second place but we're going to have to start winning games away from home.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:12 pm

I love PT. Sometimes I think I've lost it, then I realise I don't know the first of it.

Just me hoping Nadine has chinned someone?

Must say I'd have gone with Long, mind. Wilkinson is gash. Sort of tall or not.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:43 pm

Yeah I think Wilkinson was a mistake. The rest of the team was the one I would of picked.

I was rather hoping Le Fondre would have looked like scoring by now.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:23 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:49 pm
Meh.

With so many key players unavailable, we were always on a hiding to nothing and I fully expected us to get beat. I can't help but think that we'd have been better off playing a 4-2-3-1 with Vela in behind and Wabara at right-back but it is what it is.

From the admittedly brief moments that I've seen him play, I think that Chris Long can be a very important player for us so I'd like to see how we get on playing him from the start. If we'd just just try and play with the ball on the deck a bit more, and have a bit of luck with injuries and suspensions, I still think that we might just have enough to sneak second place but we're going to have to start winning games away from home.
...is, again, where I'm at. The back three has been an interesting switch and it's good to see the manager reacting to circumstance, but in all honesty I'm not sure we've played well in that formation since the first time we used it – Walsall at home, when we matched and overpowered their formation. Since then there's been a hard-fought but hardly stellar 1-0 over Rochdale, a curate's egg at Bradford (comeback good, start awful) and what sounds like a poor do at Blades. The trouble may be that the best back threes don't have two lumbering centre-backs in them, and while Wheats'n'Beevs have brought us many clean sheets, they ain't done it through Total Football.

Then again, Parky's hand was also forced by absence of alternatives at full-back. Wilson's season-ender means we've had to wait for Wabara, and I'd hope that PP will decide he's ready for Tuesday's game. On the other side, Taylor's niggle has exposed us to an alarming amount of Moxey, although I'd hope he'd be less exposed in a tight 4-2-3-1.

Although we don't *have* to change on Tuesday (Beevers seems to have escaped that 10th yellow - according to PA/BBC, Wheater was the one booked when Iles initially thought it was the other big guy), I'd say the 4-2-3-1 is the best formation for us again now. But it brings a question or three.
Can we fit ALF into it?
Should we fit ALF into it?
Will PP play without a Big Lad Up Top?
Is Long able to play alone up top, or would he be best as a wide attacker?
If it's ALF behind Long, is it Vela alongside Spearing?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:35 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:43 pm
I was rather hoping Le Fondre would have looked like scoring by now.
I can't say whether he's looked like scoring, but he's now played 297 minutes for us without troubling the vidiprinter.
Add in his time-on-pitch at Wigan since his last strike (against Wolves in September), and he's gone 620 goalless minutes.

C'mon ALF, we're all rooting for you – but since you came, we've had goals from Madine (twice – as many as he'd managed in his previous 19 league games), Long, Spearing, Wheater, Beevers, even Trotter and an own-goal. Time you joined in, buddy.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:51 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:23 pm
Nicko58 wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:49 pm
Meh.

...is, again, where I'm at. The back three has been an interesting switch and it's good to see the manager reacting to circumstance, but in all honesty I'm not sure we've played well in that formation since the first time we used it – Walsall at home, when we matched and overpowered their formation. Since then there's been a hard-fought but hardly stellar 1-0 over Rochdale, a curate's egg at Bradford (comeback good, start awful) and what sounds like a poor do at Blades. The trouble may be that the best back threes don't have two lumbering centre-backs in them, and while Wheats'n'Beevs have brought us many clean sheets, they ain't done it through Total Football.

Then again, Parky's hand was also forced by absence of alternatives at full-back. Wilson's season-ender means we've had to wait for Wabara, and I'd hope that PP will decide he's ready for Tuesday's game. On the other side, Taylor's niggle has exposed us to an alarming amount of Moxey, although I'd hope he'd be less exposed in a tight 4-2-3-1.

Although we don't *have* to change on Tuesday (Beevers seems to have escaped that 10th yellow - according to PA/BBC, Wheater was the one booked when Iles initially thought it was the other big guy), I'd say the 4-2-3-1 is the best formation for us again now. But it brings a question or three.
Can we fit ALF into it?
Should we fit ALF into it?
Will PP play without a Big Lad Up Top?
Is Long able to play alone up top, or would he be best as a wide attacker?
If it's ALF behind Long, is it Vela alongside Spearing?
Bigger question is whether Wabara is fit enough? Hasn't played a proper game of football for a while that lad.