Hard to get a Haydon over this one. AFC Wimbledon (H) - 04/03/17 3pm

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Hard to get a Haydon over this one. AFC Wimbledon (H) - 04/03/17 3pm

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:50 pm

COME ON YOU WHITES......COME ON......Wheater clears, they get it back, Wheater shields it, Ben wallops and send it towards his compadre in netsvilwl. Dervite Sallies, Derik, Morais.....Derik again, Taylor.....goes back to the keeper and back we come again. They defend and keep us out.....COME ON......I really believe we can do this.........Us, them, to and fro, Wheater clears, they come back and.....Wheater and.....they get a handball free kick. Sub by them, two in fact as Kelly come on ...Free them, Ben gets it, Alf wins a throw and.....and...mic man mumbles more scores. Elliot leaves for them and Mead leaves for somebody. Fleetwood score again and....time ticks away.....COME ON WHITES.......Derik, Morais, Taylor.......Morais, Vela....Henry and....Derik and.....and...ohhhhh Hery shoots wide...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:52 pm

Two mins left.....any added? Mic lads chat then......then....they chat a bit more and...some useless scores then.....the Wombles come and win a corner as Dervite goes to ground in our box. And.....and.....short and we block a shot then Taylor clears as three mins added announced....COME ON.....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:56 pm

And.....and.....we get a goal kick. Come on, get a wallop ball to our advantage. We get a free kick on half way. And.....and....Morais....and.....Henry and....blocked and....Derik and......w gt another free kick thirty ou and.....and....it falls and...cleared and.....and....they get a throw near the corner and.....and.......and....we head, they clear and break......and.....it's all over at one point when three were on..1-1 over and out....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:58 pm

No. FT 1-1. Whatever the mitigating circumstances, I'm afraid that's four points dropped this week. Scunny and us dropping away as Fleetwood sail on (2-0 at Glanford) and Bradford/Millwall close the gap. Next week's game against the rich fisherfolk is now all but a must-win.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:17 pm

Phil Parkinson to back room staff "guys I had one of my best ever dreams last night'

Back room staff to Parkinson "Go on gaffer tell us"

Parkinson "I actually managed my dream of having 10 defenders in my starting XI"...."I don't care what happens in my career I can't better this"....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:33 pm

Frustrating is the word. Started off on fire. Scored. Then we couldn't deal with Wimbledon's physical game. They deservedly equalised and we were poor.

Thought we played well second half, but couldn't find the end product.

Le Fondre came promising goals. If he isn't scoring, then he's a waste of a shirt. And Madine did give a great chance for ALF today which was duly wasted.

Derik and Thorpe were poor, in fact most of our issues trace back to our lack of suitable midfield options. We desperately need Spearing back, even Pratley would add to this as Derik and Thorpe simply aren't very good. They aren't any better than Trotter.

Frankly we will be clinging on for a play off place at best. And unless the new lads suddenly click, can't see us troubling any of the play off sides right now. We are too disjointed. Which is what happens when you have to continually rebuild your side throughout the season. It's all just catching up with us.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:42 pm

I wasn't able to make it to the match today, but I assume that we went with a 4-4-2 when Henry came on for Thorpe. How did we look after making that change?

#clutchingatstraws
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:57 pm

Parkinson post match "I'm really scratching my head in regards to what the fans expect me to do, do they realise we've just got 2 good home points against 2 good ex conference sides in Bristol Rovers & AFC Wimbledon - the fans and that cnut Peter Thompson are just unrealistic, what more could they have expected from games against those 2 sides"

PP continued "I think we've been good these last two games, we actually recorded a 40 miles an hour 80 yard pass to ALF today it was just a pity it was 20 ft over his head, but don't worry he's coming in tomorrow for heading practice"...."fans like that cnut Thompson have to realise that we have serious injuries and league 1 is so full of quality and I only have the likes of Wheater, Beevers, Adam Le Fondre, Madine, Spearing, A Taylor, Vela, James Henry, Clayton & Morais to call upon - we simply can't be expected to compete on a level playing with Bristol Rovers & AFC Wimbledon, and I can't see any of those players getting in to their teams with the household names that they have".

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:00 pm

^ ^3-5-2 today and Morais went into the middle and Henry wide on the right.

Thought we were unlucky today. A good 2nd half and Morais, my motm, missed a great chance to win it late on.

Agree with Insane. Derik and Thorpe, whilst adequate as defensive midfielders are very weak in offering any attacking momentum.

Our away form has got to massively improve if we're going to stay in contention
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:12 pm

Can't set a plan that's all around not conceeding, and only have two clean sheets in three months in the league. With DSB, we really need a win against Fleetwood.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:18 pm

2 wins in the last 12 games....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:27 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:18 pm
The two things aren`t entirely coincidental. 7 points dropped to teams scoring 1 over that three months, which would have us 2nd by two points with a game in hand...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:11 pm

For me thats automatic promotion gone.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:28 pm

In as much as we were high-flying a while back and slipped, it's just as easy for those around us to do the same. Sheffield today, 2 ahead, then level, then ahead again, then finished level and got 1 point same as us (still five points clear of everyone) . Scunthorpe lost 2-0 to Fleetwood, are the kippers guaranteed to keep winning? . It's football; far from done yet and not a fat lady in sight. Keep the faith and our Alf will appear.... :D

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:41 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:11 pm
Come on dibs. We're only four points behind 2nd, with a game in hand.

The fat lady hasn't even shaved her armpits yet. It'll be reet.
Businesswoman of the year.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:47 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:57 pm
Parkinson post match "I'm really scratching my head in regards to what the fans expect me to do, do they realise we've just got 2 good home points against 2 good ex conference sides in Bristol Rovers & AFC Wimbledon - the fans and that cnut Peter Thompson are just unrealistic, what more could they have expected from games against those 2 sides"

PP continued "I think we've been good these last two games, we actually recorded a 40 miles an hour 80 yard pass to ALF today it was just a pity it was 20 ft over his head, but don't worry he's coming in tomorrow for heading practice"...."fans like that cnut Thompson have to realise that we have serious injuries and league 1 is so full of quality and I only have the likes of Wheater, Beevers, Adam Le Fondre, Madine, Spearing, A Taylor, Vela, James Henry, Clayton & Morais to call upon - we simply can't be expected to compete on a level playing with Bristol Rovers & AFC Wimbledon, and I can't see any of those players getting in to their teams with the household names that they have".
Are you going to offer anything constructive, or are you just gonna sit there being Billy Big Bollocks "Oh, we're Bolton Wanderers, we should be shitting all over this league, our manager's a joke and should have us playing like a combination of 1970s Brazil and current day Barcelona despite the fact that we're in LEAGUE F*CKING ONE and we've lost our best players to injury and departures"?

The only creative player we have available is Morais. The rest are functional and workmanlike at best. We don't have the players to play fancy free-flowing attacking football like you seem to demand. Fact is, they're just not very good, and the recent run of form has left them low on confidence. You can't honestly believe that the team we put out today, which happens to be pretty much the only side available, is capable of passing it around and through any team's midfield with any degree of success?

I asked you last week to name names. If there's a manager available, within our budget, who could do a better job than Phil Parkinson with NO MONEY and the injury list we currently have, then tell us who it is.

Or, y'know, just carry on sniping from your armchair.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:59 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:41 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:11 pm
Come on dibs. We're only four points behind 2nd, with a game in hand.

The fat lady hasn't even shaved her armpits yet. It'll be reet.
Majority of games away, business end of the season and playing gash
I'm oooot

Think we'll make play offs but only just

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:04 pm

It was slightly better than Tuesday night's performance, but not good enough. I know we have players out, but just feel that PP is being a bit too defensive minded, at home, to a midtable? team, albeit who beat Scunthorpe on Tuesday. If we had played the majority of the first half like the first 15 minutes, I think we would have gone in at half time with a better scoreline. Now, I think we will slide a bit because I don't see anything much from our away games. Hope I'm wrong

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:20 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:18 pm
Itching

Pp If you're Reading. Keep it up we'll win soon.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:36 pm

twilight wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:04 pm
It was slightly better than Tuesday night's performance, but not good enough. I know we have players out, but just feel that PP is being a bit too defensive minded, at home, to a midtable? team, albeit who beat Scunthorpe on Tuesday. If we had played the majority of the first half like the first 15 minutes, I think we would have gone in at half time with a better scoreline. Now, I think we will slide a bit because I don't see anything much from our away games. Hope I'm wrong
If we were capable of playing 90 or even 45 minutes like we did the first 15 we'd already be promoted.

The fact is we were never going to keep that up. Then we couldn't cope with Wimbledon's physical long ball game.

Our problem is at the minute that when we lose control of a game, as every side in history will, we can't keep the lid on things, primarily because we've lost our midfield. And our only two options to play there today weren't good enough to gain any control at all during that period.

It isn't anything to do with 'being defensive'. The players simply couldn't do what was required.

Also we are carrying a total passenger up front in Le Fondre who offers us absolutely nothing. A waste of a shirt at present. But again we've nobody else if we are going to play 2 up front (which we shouldn't as after Madine we've nobody worth a shirt up there).