Vale of tears or happy valley? Port Vale (A) Sat 22 Apr 3pm

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Vale of tears or happy valley? Port Vale (A) Sat 22 Apr 3pm

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:01 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:36 pm
It's in our own hands.

Aye. A draw does it.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:41 pm

Hahaha we look numb invading the pitch now! But still, ends the bad run, point and we're up. Good day.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:54 pm

Gary Madine. Clearly in a lot of pain today. Played through it like a hero.

Scored.

IF he goes through the pain barrier next week and we get over the line, he is in my view player of the season now. By some distance.

He couldn't move his arm. Still competed.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:56 pm

Nice to see Madine back on the pitch. Great result. Shame about the last minute winner for Fleetwood. Been an interesting end to the season

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:06 pm

Madine, who has been extremely effective since Christmas, was obviously in discomfort today but was an absolute passenger this afternoon. Won nothing and looked disinterested. POTY? Not even close.

We win though, so who cares?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:18 pm

Did Madine play well or not? Opinions seem to be at varience even though he scored. Sounded like the commentators thought he played well enough?
Anyway, win our next/last game and we won't be caring or worrying what the Kippers do. Their win today was creditable, particularly after going behind twice in the game but, as I said, we win, we win, that's it in a kipperbox. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:36 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:06 pm
Madine, who has been extremely effective since Christmas, was obviously in discomfort today but was an absolute passenger this afternoon. Won nothing and looked disinterested. POTY? Not even close.

What? Are you mental? Lad couldn't move his arm yet jumped for every ball, competed for everything, and made a huge difference to us in that the ball didn't just keep coming back at us.

Clearly couldn't lift his arm at all, so I think that needs taking into account today.

He was absolutely brilliant under the circumstances.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:46 pm

Nay fcker can criticise madine tonight. Lads played through pain and having been called out on it by PP. Get him rested this week, he's clearly a massive presence we can't play without on Sunday. The whites are going up!

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:36 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:06 pm

What? Are you mental? Lad couldn't move his arm yet jumped for every ball, competed for everything, and made a huge difference to us in that the ball didn't just keep coming back at us.

Clearly couldn't lift his arm at all, so I think that needs taking into account today.

He was absolutely brilliant under the circumstances.
This 100% - well done & thank you Gary Madine, he'd not played for a few weeks and was a bit rusty, but he improves us on the pitch and will be even better next week.

So frustrating though that the fish men got a 92nd minute winner, we so deserved to be celebrating tonight.

A point next week takes us up, lets get the Macron rocking from minute 1 and get the boys over the line - pressure game today (admittedly helped by the sending off) but they came through it

1 more game lads come on - you can be heroes....

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:12 pm

I shit myself at the sending off given we have lost all our other games v ten men. A monkey off our back!

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:22 pm

Bit pissed & couldn't see everything today but I thought Karacan had a decent game....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:24 pm

It was such a weird day, when Wheater scored Fleetwood were losing, and even me, 'it's not done till its done' thought we were up. By the time Madine scored we knew it was going to the last game.

Truly weird. Cannot really explain it, but came away from a great win totally numb.

All about holding nerve now. I will say this and people will laugh, if Port Vale don't win midweek they are down. I'd not be relying on a draw being enough. Sure 8 goal wins are as rare as they come. But Vale look dispirited. Fleetwood have absolutely nowt to lose.

I think we will do ourselves the power of good getting an early goal next week. Settle everyone down. Will also prevent Fleetwood doing anything mental, which lets face it is incredibly unlikely but the events at the end of the games today mean something is happening last day. It won't just be a straightforward one.

Still, if someone offered us this scenario a few weeks back before winning those away games, everyone would have taken it. Down to us to hold our nerve and see it out. Nobody can take this away but ourselves.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:45 pm

Madine didn't play well but for obvious reasons. No fan of his but fair play to him today. He turned out when i thought he wouldn't and scored. Credit where it's due, but POTY?!

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:46 pm

Fleetwood won't put them to the sword like that. Hasn't been done all season. You're catastrophizing. Stupid word but I do it now and then too. Fear overriding reason.
A draw at home and we are up. We'll probably win.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:50 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:45 pm
Madine didn't play well but for obvious reasons. No fan of his but fair play to him today. He turned out when i thought he wouldn't and scored. Credit where it's due, but POTY?!
Yes. The difference he makes is absolutely huge. Without him we are well below 1PPG. And cannot score.

Is isn't opinion. The facts completely demonstrate this.

Cannot think of many instances when a player is so demonstrably critical to a side.

Also joint top scorer. Playing through the pain.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:52 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
What happened mate did they not let you in the ground?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:53 pm

Hope Madine knocks a hat trick in next week as well!

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:54 pm

Gary Madine is my runner up for POTY with Beevers 3rd....

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:59 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:50 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Yes. The difference he makes is absolutely huge. Without him we are well below 1PPG. And cannot score.

Is isn't opinion. The facts completely demonstrate this.

Cannot think of many instances when a player is so demonstrably critical to a side.

Also joint top scorer. Playing through the pain.
The facts do indeed demonstrate his importance but that's more to do with the way we play and our attacking limitations rather than him being brilliant. He's had a good season, but being top scorer with 10 doesn't impress me half as much as the fact that we're going to break a club record for goals conceded thanks to the consistent brilliance of Wheevers.
But we all have our opinions and like i said I'm.not doing him down today that's for sure.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:01 pm

PS Prufrock was that you with the early pitch invasion falling over whilst trying to evade stewards? You did say your shoe grips were bad!