Vale of tears or happy valley? Port Vale (A) Sat 22 Apr 3pm

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Vale of tears or happy valley? Port Vale (A) Sat 22 Apr 3pm

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:11 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:00 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:51 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:41 pm

The folk like you who simply won't ever accept what Madine has done this season will keep trying the reductive arguments.
Do you ever actually take the trouble to read that that others bother to post on here? Or, as is evidenced, is it that you simply can't wait to read your own version of events and congratulate yourself in an incredibly onanistic style ? I have stated quite clearly, within my past couple of post and in many before them as to exactly how important Madine is to us given the only style in which Parkinson knows how to play. It's all here in these pages. Have a read of other people's posts some time, I dare you.
The style thing is just another slight. However you play you need someone up front to play off sometimes.None of our other strikers have shown any ability to do that.
FFS. I may as well bang my head on the wall here. Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. My frustration remains in the fact that Parkinson insists on playing a style that hopes that they might. I honestly cannot make my view anymore obvious so if you still can't see that then I give up. Do try to understand that that others are saying!
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:45 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:11 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:00 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:51 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:41 pm

The folk like you who simply won't ever accept what Madine has done this season will keep trying the reductive arguments.
Do you ever actually take the trouble to read that that others bother to post on here? Or, as is evidenced, is it that you simply can't wait to read your own version of events and congratulate yourself in an incredibly onanistic style ? I have stated quite clearly, within my past couple of post and in many before them as to exactly how important Madine is to us given the only style in which Parkinson knows how to play. It's all here in these pages. Have a read of other people's posts some time, I dare you.
The style thing is just another slight. However you play you need someone up front to play off sometimes.None of our other strikers have shown any ability to do that.
FFS. I may as well bang my head on the wall here. Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. My frustration remains in the fact that Parkinson insists on playing a style that hopes that they might. I honestly cannot make my view anymore obvious so if you still can't see that then I give up. Do try to understand that that others are saying!
I fundamentally disagree that Parky is the issue. As Iles says he didn't send teams out to hit Le Fondre's head with long balls.

And yesterday we didn't just lump long balls.

We need a presence up front however we are playing. Someone to occupy centre halves. Madine does that whether it's a long ball or otherwise. Nobody else does.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:06 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:45 pm

I fundamentally disagree that Parky is the issue. As Iles says he didn't send teams out to hit Le Fondre's head with long balls.
Then you're a pair of absolute pricks who, for some reason, refuse to accept that which is going on in front of you. That is all. Cheers.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:13 pm

I don't see that at all. The change of tactics Chesterfield 1st half to Chesterfield 2nd half was very noticeable. Then we reverted to Connor Wilkinson next game. I suppose we were going to unleash Wilkinson's silky on the floor ball playing skillz? Utter tosh.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:32 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:06 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Then you're a pair of absolute pricks who, for some reason, refuse to accept that which is going on in front of you. That is all. Cheers.
Brilliant. Aye. Teams never in pressure games don't perform how intended eh? Managers never send teams out but the team can't perform how expected? Or the opposition knock teams out of their gameplan?

Superb.

And I supposed his screaming at Dervite and Derik after they played aimless long balls against Bury was all for show then?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:48 pm

4 minutes and 13 seconds in.

Enjoy!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:32 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:06 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Brilliant. Aye. Teams never in pressure games don't perform how intended eh? Managers never send teams out but the team can't perform how expected? Or the opposition knock teams out of their gameplan?

Superb.

And I supposed his screaming at Dervite and Derik after they played aimless long balls against Bury was all for show then?
You've just embellished my point,

WTW
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WTW » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:29 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:55 pm

At which point, Vale got involved. It started with a couple of not-rights vaulting the fence and passing the pitiful stewarding in front of the Railway Stand to our right. Giving it the standard arms-wide come-for-a-cuddle displayed by those who truly miss their mother's teat, they were duly enjoined by our own knobheads. Of course, Vale's fans had much less to lose than ours from an abandonment, and the subsequent delay – the longest aggro-caused match break I've experienced in 30-odd years – only focused the fans' concentration on each other; so did the sudden materialisation of dozens of dayglo riot police (quickly enough to suggest they had previously been getting paid to sip tea in the back of the many Mariahs outside).

It's a pity that the day spilled into that sort of knobheadery but hardly surprising. The two teams had a lot riding on it, and I haven't seen such a pissed-up Superwhite Army outside Wembley; boozy bonhomie can soon turn to alcoholic aggro. It suddenly felt a very long way back to the car, past a worrying number of pubs, and so it proved, with growling knuckle-draggers standing outside every hostile hostelry offering quick mutual physical gratification while Murphy's Mobs tore round street corners evading the rozzers and confronting their rivals. Oh, the 80s, how glad I am you've gone.

Enough of that shit.
Just to say, Mr Barnet, that Vale fans in the 70s made up for their lack of numbers by an excess of spite, aggression and persistent daylight knobbery... Bruce Rioja tells the story - he should tell it on here - of mounted cops riding their horses onto the behind the goal terrace they sparsely, but menacingly, occupied. Cops on horseback. On a terrace. Don't know which decade that was.

Stoke fans are some way from the most charming also.

Some years ago scientists discovered that our DNA shows about 10% of our being is neanderthal in origin. My hunch is you can double that for the Potteries.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:19 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:48 pm

Enjoy!
Excellent. If you zoom right in, you can see me shouting at Pru to get off the pitch. :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:47 pm

WTW wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:29 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:55 pm

At which point, Vale got involved. It started with a couple of not-rights vaulting the fence and passing the pitiful stewarding in front of the Railway Stand to our right. Giving it the standard arms-wide come-for-a-cuddle displayed by those who truly miss their mother's teat, they were duly enjoined by our own knobheads. Of course, Vale's fans had much less to lose than ours from an abandonment, and the subsequent delay – the longest aggro-caused match break I've experienced in 30-odd years – only focused the fans' concentration on each other; so did the sudden materialisation of dozens of dayglo riot police (quickly enough to suggest they had previously been getting paid to sip tea in the back of the many Mariahs outside).

It's a pity that the day spilled into that sort of knobheadery but hardly surprising. The two teams had a lot riding on it, and I haven't seen such a pissed-up Superwhite Army outside Wembley; boozy bonhomie can soon turn to alcoholic aggro. It suddenly felt a very long way back to the car, past a worrying number of pubs, and so it proved, with growling knuckle-draggers standing outside every hostile hostelry offering quick mutual physical gratification while Murphy's Mobs tore round street corners evading the rozzers and confronting their rivals. Oh, the 80s, how glad I am you've gone.

Enough of that shit.
Just to say, Mr Barnet, that Vale fans in the 70s made up for their lack of numbers by an excess of spite, aggression and persistent daylight knobbery... Bruce Rioja tells the story - he should tell it on here - of mounted cops riding their horses onto the behind the goal terrace they sparsely, but menacingly, occupied. Cops on horseback. On a terrace. Don't know which decade that was.

Stoke fans are some way from the most charming also.

Some years ago scientists discovered that our DNA shows about 10% of our being is neanderthal in origin. My hunch is you can double that for the Potteries.
:D Good to have you back, Will.

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:54 pm

My first game since before Lennon.
Dreadful, nervy low quality fare
Hilarious 70's action in and around the ground

Really enjoyed myself
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:22 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:19 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:48 pm

Enjoy!
Excellent. If you zoom right in, you can see me shouting at Pru to get off the pitch. :D
I though Pru was the one around 3 and a half minutes in that clearly didn't have the footwear for the job :D

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:57 am

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:54 pm
My first game since before Lennon.
Dreadful, nervy low quality fare
Hilarious 70's action in and around the ground

Really enjoyed myself
It was definitely a throwback!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:12 am

must say i was also quite enjoying the aggro from the safety of my seat, although there were a few coins come whizzing past our heads!! i suddenly then felt quite terrible about it all when i saw this young lad crying his eyes out literally shaking in his boots! we were sat bottom left of the stand where they were most threatening... his dad had to take him home.

Also, nice to see we are not being vilified in the press for the trouble, the blame seems to be entirely with Port Vale fans quite rightly.

Great day tho, just like old times. good fun at Tommy Cheadles before the game and there must have been a fair few hundred who didnt witness a single kick! did they sell out of beer or just refuse to serve any more in the ground??

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:51 pm

What a day. First goal, I ended up 3 rows down and have cuts and bruises all over my legs. Ripped my Jeans and temporarily lost a trainer.

My wife got knocked flying by a guy dressed as a banana and he gave her a tenner by way of apology, that we refused twice before he threw at her. Beer in the seats like being abroad.

What a club
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:18 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:51 pm
What a day. First goal, I ended up 3 rows down and have cuts and bruises all over my legs. Ripped my Jeans and temporarily lost a trainer.

My wife got knocked flying by a guy dressed as a banana and he gave her a tenner by way of apology, that we refused twice before he threw at her. Beer in the seats like being abroad.

What a club

fecked my back up when Wheats scored. Got a huge purple bruise on the back of my calf and I almost pushed HG over the seats behind us. Well worth it, though HG might disagree! :grin: