If we can't find our tackle, we live like a Monk. Bolton v Boro 9/9/17.

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: If we can't find our tackle, we live like a Monk. Bolton v Boro 9/9/17.

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:26 pm

To be fair to Madine he has looked like the player who could step up to this level. The rest don't look good enough. If he is up top on his own with that shower behind he will struggle whatever.

We were not ready to come up - not sorting the embargo is too much to overcome.

Noteithstanding how poorly organised we have been and the lack of fight (bar the leeds game). Thats nothing to do with the embargo.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:33 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:26 pm

Noteithstanding how poorly organised we have been and the lack of fight (bar the leeds game). Thats nothing to do with the embargo.
What really shocked and disappointed me was the Derby game and how poorly we dealt with Nugent. His game of hanging off the most central defender and poking the loose ball home's hardly a 4ucking revelation!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:40 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:50 pm
That new contract for PP is looking ever more like a premature decision. Clearly, he's tactically out of his depth at this level.
This has been obvious for a while now to a few, even last season - he's awful tactically full stop, he's out thought every week.

I hate to say this but this side is worse than Lennon's, and I suspect that we'll go down even more toothless and with even less points than Lennon's side did. Parkinson does not have a clue how to set the team up - the team have no shape, no way of playing (apart from the now very boring aimless hoof ball to Madine yet again), they look like a team of complete strangers - they can't tackle, can't shoot, can't run, can't pass 10 yards - they look completely leaderless.

Its clear that most other teams have better quality, but come on we don't even compete, fight or even have a go - we don't close down, we don't even mark - its abysmal, shambolic, toothless & just fcuking clueless. We have a league 1 manager (who struggled tactically on a regular basis even in League 1), with a league 1 assistant & league 1 coaches - and it shows....

I'll be absolutely amazed it we get anywhere near to 30 points this season, I can't even see us winning a game we are that bad

We have absolutely nothing in midfield - no energy, no guile, no creativity, no fight, no leadership - Pratley & Karacan simply awful, but they where certainly not alone - Beevers has forgot how to play football / defend.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:42 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:20 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:47 pm

Madine is not doing enough up top on his own to assist.
Really? I didn't go today but a pal reckons Madine was probably MotM (for us), which isn't actually saying that much. I believe Bevis was bobbins. I had him down as being our cornerstone :hang;
Thought madine was mom by a mile. Only one who looked up for it. Was given no support. That midfield is a disgrace.
That lad Robinson will have nightmares about his league debut. Humiliated.
I do think we'll get fewer points than Lennon's side. I thought defence was our chance of staying up. It's gone. We have literally no chance. There's no aggression or fight in them.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:04 pm

Back from the game:

1.) We were badly second best, yet I think that performance was the best home performance of the season. We had some durability and limited Middlesbrough to few chances until they got the second, after which they could have easily scored 3 or 4 more goals. Even before their second though, they totally controlled the game and we never looked like preventing them from winning. Their two central midfielders and the two centre halves, both comfortable on the ball, kept the ball for long periods and controlled the pace of the game. And we simply couldn't deal with Traore when they got into the last third.

2.) This is getting a bit depressing. 3 home games, albeit against decent teams, but no team in any league should look this out of their depth against teams from the same league. It is the way we are losing that is the most disturbing, we could/should have lost each game by five or six clear goals. I saw the Brighton Man City game, which will probably be bottom v top in the Premiership and it wasn't close to being as uncompetitive as we have looked in our three home games. And yet PP put out close to what most fans would have said is our best team today.

3.) Derik went off with an injury that looks like it might keep him out for a couple of weeks, so we are back to Cullen in the DM role which simply won't work. I am seriously wondering if we will get to 10 points this season, even when we are more even against the opposition in terms of quality I can't see how we can create chances and take the ones we do create, and confidence must be low. Noone looks a good addition, Madine suddenly looks a centre forward who can play at a higher level than we are at, but apart from that very little to be positive about. Beevers looks worryingly out of his depth at this level, looking very vulnerable to pace. Grim :(

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:12 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:42 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:20 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:47 pm

Madine is not doing enough up top on his own to assist.
Really? I didn't go today but a pal reckons Madine was probably MotM (for us), which isn't actually saying that much. I believe Bevis was bobbins. I had him down as being our cornerstone :hang;
Thought madine was mom by a mile. Only one who looked up for it. Was given no support. That midfield is a disgrace.
That lad Robinson will have nightmares about his league debut. Humiliated.
I do think we'll get fewer points than Lennon's side. I thought defence was our chance of staying up. It's gone. We have literally no chance. There's no aggression or fight in them.
I think Robinson will be buying a PP voodoo doll this week. Traore tore him a new one. Saying that he hardly got any help. The whole back four looked like debutants. That said I think he'll be ok at left back.

Reference Madine. I'm still angry at his blind pass back to no one in midfield. It wasn't the only time he gave possession away. There were too many again to pick from as to who had the poorer game.

Last season the defence had more time to think and the attacks were mostly one dimensional. Kind of ironic considering the first 2 goals were almost identical.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:24 pm

I see the international break gave Parkinson time to learn from the 1st few games and get the team organised....

The body language of the players is awful IMO, no heart, no fight, no idea - the team can't attack, they can't create, they are almost beaten before a ball is kicked....he simply doesn't know how to set the team up to play football or play attacking football

30% possession at home is telling - he's completely out of his depth at championship level, he's a very limited, defensive, negative manager.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:31 pm

Hang on a minute, I thought all our problems were Parkinson playing 3 at the back and once he played a back 4 we'd be fine?

Funnily enough the system and tactics changed but the result did not, which is exactly what I've been saying. We are being outclassed by better sides with vastly more resources and consequently better players. You can't do anything about that I don't care what manager you are.

The embargo has shafted us and is why we are going down. End of.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:34 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:24 pm
I see the international break gave Parkinson time to learn from the 1st few games and get the team organised....

The body language of the players is awful IMO, no heart, no fight, no idea - the team can't attack, they can't create, they are almost beaten before a ball is kicked....he simply doesn't know how to set the team up to play football or play attacking football

30% possession at home is telling - he's completely out of his depth at championship level, he's a very limited, defensive, negative manager.
Defensive manager? Boro destroyed us on the counter today with their pace. Clearly you haven't watched the game. We've conceded goals because our young left back was totally naive. But their pace was too much. Our only hope was 10 Men behind tha ball and hold on for a 0-0.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:38 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:31 pm

Funnily enough the system and tactics changed but the result did not, which is exactly what I've been saying. We are being outclassed by better sides with vastly more resources and consequently better players. You can't do anything about that I don't care what manager you are.

The embargo has shafted us and is why we are going down. End of.
That's it in a nutshell. I think Parky is as good as we're going to get, and has proven he can get promotion from league 1, which is where we are going.
He's unproven at this level but I'll not judge him on this season because he's got no chance.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:39 pm

They're 3 of the hardest home games.

That's all I've got.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:41 pm

Madine was by far and away our best player because the others hadn't got a clue. Darby should not play again, neither should Pratley, though I understand why they are because we have no one else. For a defensive minded manager, and for somebody who likes a team to be a tight unit, we are shocking!! We will be lucky to get 10 points this season, we are totally out of our depth

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:42 pm

Definitley 3 out of the 23 hard home games pru, agreed.

How about - parky is a streaky manager and we looked dogshit at times in league 1 last year.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:43 pm

Would anyone else take finishing 23rd?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:34 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:

Defensive manager? Boro destroyed us on the counter today with their pace. Clearly you haven't watched the game. We've conceded goals because our young left back was totally naive. But their pace was too much. Our only hope was 10 Men behind tha ball and hold on for a 0-0.
You mean the young Everton wing back, who is a wing back not a LB in a back four - just shows how naïve Parkinson is, he should have played him when we played 5 at the back not 4. I suppose it was the LB's fault that Alnwich fcuked up was it ?

Come on squire, Boro were in 2nd gear for most of the game, they toyed with us they could have had 4 or 5 where you at the game sunshine ?....or perhaps you watched it blinkered with your PP can't do anything wrong mentality - we do try & go forward but its pathetic, we have absolutely no idea what to do with the ball when in the opposition half because no one gets forward from midfield to support - we are unable to pass & move or create proper chances - I actually felt sorry for Madine on his own, so isolated - again down to Parkinson's none existent tactics

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:59 pm

twilight wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:41 pm
Madine was by far and away our best player because the others hadn't got a clue. Darby should not play again, neither should Pratley, though I understand why they are because we have no one else. For a defensive minded manager, and for somebody who likes a team to be a tight unit, we are shocking!! We will be lucky to get 10 points this season, we are totally out of our depth
I've been a Madine fan since last season and I'll say this...I was right about him. He's our best player this season.

I'll also say that Pratley was the best we had in midfield today. Which may not be much. But he gets abuse, whereas Derik and Karacan who were absolute appalling get nowt. Morais was also appalling. As was our supposed left back.

People pick on Pratley but at least first half he showed willingness to press Boro. Derik was absent in all senses. Karacan I'm hugely disappointed in. I thought he'd be good but he looks like a shitter Pratley to me.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:02 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:56 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:34 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:

You mean the young Everton wing back, who is a wing back not a LB in a back four - just shows how naïve Parkinson is, he should have played him when we played 5 at the back not 4. I suppose it was the LB's fault that Alnwich fcuked up was it ?

Come on squire, Boro were in 2nd gear for most of the game, they toyed with us they could have had 4 or 5 where you at the game sunshine ?....or perhaps you watched it blinkered with your PP can't do anything wrong mentality - we do try & go forward but its pathetic, we have absolutely no idea what to do with the ball when in the opposition half because no one gets forward from midfield to support - we are unable to pass & move or create proper chances - I actually felt sorry for Madine on his own, so isolated - again down to Parkinson's none existent tactics
Taylor was injured, who did you want to play LB? We can't carry players who can't defend. But who else do we have? We look poor because we don't have the quality. We barely had the quality a league lower and we aren't significantly stronger yet are playing teams 10 times better than last season. You work it out. You can put any manager in the world in and it won change a thing.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:10 pm

So BWFCI if Parkinson can't do owt wrong in your eyes -be honest do you think that ALL of our players are league 1 standard and that we have no players who are capable of competing at Championship level ?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:14 pm

BWFCI - will you also spout the same shite about lack of quality, not Parkinson's fault etc etc etc when we lose at home to Sheff Utd

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:22 pm

Whats the crack with Will Buckley? I had him as our 'marquee signing'. Unfit? Not good enough?