If we can't find our tackle, we live like a Monk. Bolton v Boro 9/9/17.

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 3584
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: If we can't find our tackle, we live like a Monk. Bolton v Boro 9/9/17.

Post by DJBlu » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:26 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:14 pm
BWFCI - will you also spout the same shite about lack of quality, not Parkinson's fault etc etc etc when we lose at home to Sheff Utd
Who would you put in?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2076
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:54 pm

Re: If we can't find our tackle, we live like a Monk. Bolton v Boro 9/9/17.

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:37 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:22 pm
Whats the crack with Will Buckley? I had him as our 'marquee signing'. Unfit? Not good enough?
He is /was - but he's an attacking player isn't he (who btw has played at this level or higher BWFCI), but Parkinson hasn't got a clue how to use him, or come up with a system to get the best out of him, it'll be the same with Noone (who's also played at this level and higher BWFCI)- Parkinson's only attacking tactic is hoof to Madine.

So we have Buckley (Ex Brighton & Sunderland), Noone (Ex Cardiff), Karacan (Ex Reading & Galatasaray), Wheater (Ex Boro), Beevers (Ex Sheff Weds), Pratley (Ex Swansea), A Taylor (Ex Boro, Cardiff), ALF (Ex Reading), Armstrong (Newcastle, Ex Barnsley) and more who have championship or premier league experience - but just aren't better than league 1 standard for Parkinson to compete in BWFCI's eyess

Your constant defence of Parkinson (he can't do anything wrong) is becoming as bad as my criticism of his non existent tactical ability....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25401
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: If we can't find our tackle, we live like a Monk. Bolton v Boro 9/9/17.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:18 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:14 pm
BWFCI - will you also spout the same shite about lack of quality, not Parkinson's fault etc etc etc when we lose at home to Sheff Utd
A team who finished above us last season, and to my knowledge have spent money to improve their lot. And I assume will have a squad with every single player being paid well above our £4500 cap.

Face it, this is an impossible situation. Without major players being injured it wouldn't be as bad. But we simply haven't the depth to compete in this league.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25401
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: If we can't find our tackle, we live like a Monk. Bolton v Boro 9/9/17.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:27 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:37 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:22 pm
Whats the crack with Will Buckley? I had him as our 'marquee signing'. Unfit? Not good enough?
He is /was - but he's an attacking player isn't he (who btw has played at this level or higher BWFCI), but Parkinson hasn't got a clue how to use him, or come up with a system to get the best out of him, it'll be the same with Noone (who's also played at this level and higher BWFCI)- Parkinson's only attacking tactic is hoof to Madine.

So we have Buckley (Ex Brighton & Sunderland), Noone (Ex Cardiff), Karacan (Ex Reading & Galatasaray), Wheater (Ex Boro), Beevers (Ex Sheff Weds), Pratley (Ex Swansea), A Taylor (Ex Boro, Cardiff), ALF (Ex Reading), Armstrong (Newcastle, Ex Barnsley) and more who have championship or premier league experience - but just aren't better than league 1 standard for Parkinson to compete in BWFCI's eyess

Your constant defence of Parkinson (he can't do anything wrong) is becoming as bad as my criticism of his non existent tactical ability....
Lol. Ex. Andy Taylor ex relegated Wigan. Couldn't even get in their side. Ditto Burke. Ditto ALF. Armstrong scored 6 in 34 for Barnsley last year. Beevers has spent the majority of his career below this level. Wheater, Pratley were the players you proclaimed nowhere near good enough last time.

Noone is barely match fit, but yes he looks competent. Buckley played the last two games and got injured. He's spent more time in the past two years injured than fit by the sounds of it.

The idea that we are packing a squad with loads of talent at this level in relative terms is laughable. Yes I think there are teams who will over achieve. But we haven't seemingly been able to do that in over a decade. I hope we sack Parky and get someone else just to shut you up to be honest. When the results aren't any better what will you say then? You will probably start blaming Ken then.

The gap between league one and this league are massive. And we haven't been able to improve our squad significantly. And large chunks of it are out injured. The manager cannot change that. Nor can they magic up 'pass and move' when the other team is simply quicker, sharper, stronger and better. It's like sending the world #139 out against Nadal or Federer and when they get walloped blaming thier coach.
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1860
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:31 pm
Location: On a shelf

Re: If we can't find our tackle, we live like a Monk. Bolton v Boro 9/9/17.

Post by Jugs » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:27 pm

Parkinson's taking the piss with Buckley. He's easily the best winger in our squad but can't get on the pitch, apart from a cup cameo and a start against Hull when he was unfit.

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8174
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: If we can't find our tackle, we live like a Monk. Bolton v Boro 9/9/17.

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:31 pm

I dont think Buckley starting would change it. Same with anyone in that squad really. Maybe Vela would be a big player, maybe. More energy and bite, helps the pressing game. I knew that was a fcker of an injury against leeds was more pissed about that than the result at the time.

The flip to that is why did we sign Buckley...we lack a quality player at centre half, centre mid, up front...Cullen is not good enough now for this level. Is that all the embargo or did Parky sign the wrong players?

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1860
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:31 pm
Location: On a shelf

Re: If we can't find our tackle, we live like a Monk. Bolton v Boro 9/9/17.

Post by Jugs » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:36 pm

The reason he won't change it is because Parkinson's probably not got a clue what to do with him lol

He's a class player.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2076
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:54 pm

Re: If we can't find our tackle, we live like a Monk. Bolton v Boro 9/9/17.

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:39 pm

BWFCI - who are these superstars out injured & who will make a massive difference Ameobi & Vela.

Ameobi & Vela won't make one jot of difference to this team & how we play etc....but please carry on with your ridiculous defence of Parkinson.

Vela is very overrated IMO....and is league 1 level at best

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2076
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:54 pm

Re: If we can't find our tackle, we live like a Monk. Bolton v Boro 9/9/17.

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:42 pm

BWFCI - are you also saying that Parkinson didn't want all of the players he signed in the summer ?

Are you saying that he didn't think they would improve us ?, if not why sign them

Why didn't he see that our main weakness was central midfield but he did fcuk all about it.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35435
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: If we can't find our tackle, we live like a Monk. Bolton v Boro 9/9/17.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:16 pm

PT - Are you not being a little harsh on Parky? He has one hand tied behind his back. Who the 4uck do you think could do a better job under the same restraints?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1860
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:31 pm
Location: On a shelf

Re: If we can't find our tackle, we live like a Monk. Bolton v Boro 9/9/17.

Post by Jugs » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:21 pm

Lol Colin Murray mentioned this thread on the channel 5 goals show

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25401
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: If we can't find our tackle, we live like a Monk. Bolton v Boro 9/9/17.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:31 pm

Jugs wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:36 pm
The reason he won't change it is because Parkinson's probably not got a clue what to do with him lol

He's a class player.
He played at Hull.....

I think he's decent but got injured. Lads not fit. Hasn't been for the past two years.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1659
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:53 pm

Re: If we can't find our tackle, we live like a Monk. Bolton v Boro 9/9/17.

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:24 pm

Buckley wouldn't have helped today, and would probably have made it worse, given he is probably less defensively disciplined than Morais, and we were really struggling on that side as it was. That was close to the best team he could've put out, maybe Little or Burke for Darby from the start, but apart from that the players and formation were as any sensible person would've played. We did our best, we kept it close for 70mins, but they were miles ahead in terms of quality. We just have accept it, we are that far behind. I have to say this league has moved on a long way in the last 3 years (disregarding the 2015/16 shambles), and we are probably worse than last season. Last seasons 4-5-1 was:

Howard/Alnwick; Wilson, Wheater, Beevers, Taylor; Derik/Thorpe, Spearing, Vela, Clough, Ameobi, Madine.

Today:

Alnwick; Darby, Wheater, Beevers, Robinson; Derik, Karacan, Pratley, Morais, Noone; Madine.

I think last seasons team has slightly more quality than this years team. So there is probably close to two divisions between the two teams, and our team today might only make the play offs in L1. Puts it in perspective..

Spartan2
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:53 pm

Re: If we can't find our tackle, we live like a Monk. Bolton v Boro 9/9/17.

Post by Spartan2 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:20 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:24 pm
Buckley wouldn't have helped today, and would probably have made it worse, given he is probably less defensively disciplined than Morais, and we were really struggling on that side as it was. That was close to the best team he could've put out, maybe Little or Burke for Darby from the start, but apart from that the players and formation were as any sensible person would've played. We did our best, we kept it close for 70mins, but they were miles ahead in terms of quality. We just have accept it, we are that far behind. I have to say this league has moved on a long way in the last 3 years (disregarding the 2015/16 shambles), and we are probably worse than last season. Last seasons 4-5-1 was:

Howard/Alnwick; Wilson, Wheater, Beevers, Taylor; Derik/Thorpe, Spearing, Vela, Clough, Ameobi, Madine.

Today:

Alnwick; Darby, Wheater, Beevers, Robinson; Derik, Karacan, Pratley, Morais, Noone; Madine.

I think last seasons team has slightly more quality than this years team. So there is probably close to two divisions between the two teams, and our team today might only make the play offs in L1. Puts it in perspective..
Exactly. Gulf in quality, all Parky's fault. :crazy:

elhadj
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:16 pm

Re: If we can't find our tackle, we live like a Monk. Bolton v Boro 9/9/17.

Post by elhadj » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:09 am

I don't have anything thing with Parkinson but I don't think he is the answer for us in championship, I know Parkinson have to deal with this embargo and it's tough but the performance till now not convincing me that we can survive this season,for me the only solution will be first resolve this f***g embargo , second try to convince big Sam to comeback to his beloved club and fans .
Parkinson please give Jake turner a chance I'm he will be better than Howard and alnwick .

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:37 pm

Re: If we can't find our tackle, we live like a Monk. Bolton v Boro 9/9/17.

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:42 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:18 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:14 pm
BWFCI - will you also spout the same shite about lack of quality, not Parkinson's fault etc etc etc when we lose at home to Sheff Utd
A team who finished above us last season, and to my knowledge have spent money to improve their lot. And I assume will have a squad with every single player being paid well above our £4500 cap.

Face it, this is an impossible situation. Without major players being injured it wouldn't be as bad. But we simply haven't the depth to compete in this league.
The wage cap applies only to players we signed from about mid-July onwards, not the entire squad. But you know that.

Boro haven't won an away game in over a year, and last time out couldn't score at home against Preston. But they're a wonder team who are nailed on for promotion. They all are.

If you honestly don't believe we've a hope of competing against Sheff Utd on Tuesday, it is a damning indictment of the club and it's recruitment policy. We should just refund everyones season tickets, forfeit our games and start again next August in League One.

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8478
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: If we can't find our tackle, we live like a Monk. Bolton v Boro 9/9/17.

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:57 am

Seems to me that we need to some solidity to the side before we worry about what happens in the opposition's half. That isn't going to happen until we sort midfield out and give some protection to the defence. Midfield isn't going to get fixed until we have a terrier in there to get in everyone's face. As much as we needed better attacking options, I think we've signed too many and neglected midfield. Easier said than done, but even a league 1 proper terrier would be better than what we're currently putting out. Have we not a kid that we can try in this regard? You can put any combo of our 1st team midfielders and it aint going happen. Sorting midfield wont fix everything, but we'll generally look better and a be a bit more solid, giving Buckley et al the opportunity to concentrate on what they're good at.

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8174
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: If we can't find our tackle, we live like a Monk. Bolton v Boro 9/9/17.

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:08 am

We cant yet play the kids because we are still under the embargo.

We are definitley suffering from the embargo but it doesnt stop the team competing for a tackle, being organised at the back. Beevers has totally lost his head, I said I would pick Dervite above him and I still would, even in a 2.

Agree with Tom, if we cant compete on Tuesday we should just wave the white flag now. All this feeling sorry for ourselves has once again created a losing mentality - we can expect plenty more drubbings!

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1084
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:51 pm

Re: If we can't find our tackle, we live like a Monk. Bolton v Boro 9/9/17.

Post by twilight » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:08 am

I was thinking about this way after the match AT and sadly we have not got anybody who can fill that role, in fact I was thinking what players Parkinson could have played yesterday which might have made a difference who are in our squad, and against teams like the Middlesboro and Derbys of this league I can think of not one :(

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2076
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:54 pm

Re: If we can't find our tackle, we live like a Monk. Bolton v Boro 9/9/17.

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:21 am

Tombwfc wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:42 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:18 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:14 pm
BWFCI - will you also spout the same shite about lack of quality, not Parkinson's fault etc etc etc when we lose at home to Sheff Utd
A team who finished above us last season, and to my knowledge have spent money to improve their lot. And I assume will have a squad with every single player being paid well above our £4500 cap.

Face it, this is an impossible situation. Without major players being injured it wouldn't be as bad. But we simply haven't the depth to compete in this league.
The wage cap applies only to players we signed from about mid-July onwards, not the entire squad. But you know that.

Boro haven't won an away game in over a year, and last time out couldn't score at home against Preston. But they're a wonder team who are nailed on for promotion. They all are.

If you honestly don't believe we've a hope of competing against Sheff Utd on Tuesday, it is a damning indictment of the club and it's recruitment policy. We should just refund everyones season tickets, forfeit our games and start again next August in League One.
Great post & very true....

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest