The Blades to stick the knife in? Bolton v Sheffield Utd 12/9/17.

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: The Blades to stick the knife in? Bolton v Sheffield Utd 12/9/17.

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:43 am

OrtonCakeBingoBongo wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:16 pm
I was looking through the pages, taking things in and ideally thought our weekends game would be up, but they haven't done the preview yet.

Point being I didn't realise the club was bottom of the league when looking earlier tonight. Fair enough you did what was all important and got back at the first attempt, but seriously unless there is a drastic improvement you could find yourselves back in under a year from now. Maybe pointing to the obvious, but it's only four or five weeks into a new season, some will react to a greater extreme than others.

I've put down for a home victory on our own club forum and believe we'll win on the day but this has been a very strange few weeks already and just about anything can occur out there. Looking forward to the game, I saw highlights of your game from the weekend and didn't think Middlesbrough were worth a three goal victory. Yes we've done better than expected ourselves, but not getting carried away before we're even underway once again. I hope it's an entertaining game for all involved and the referee has a quiet afternoon, may the best team win. Quietly confident.
We've a midfield of butter in a Dubai summer, combined with a run of injuries that Darren Anderton and Quinton Fortune would be given a run for their money. Chuck in the fact we aren't even allowed to chuck some kids in and our 'best performer' is Gary 'Goal Machine' Madine and it's hardly a surprise we're propping everyone up. Until injuries and the embargo situation improve we'll be staying where we are. Even with the improvement our rise might only be very very modest :(

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: The Blades to stick the knife in? Bolton v Sheffield Utd 12/9/17.

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:44 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:22 pm
The embargo isnt extreme. I dont agree with some of the terms (the youth player one is bollocks) but we were told 2.5 years ago what it would take to get us out of it and we haven't provided it. Cant argue with that.
Exactly. Last season EFL gave us a lot of leeway. We were signing and paying players then not paying bills and honouring contracts.
Looked at objectively, it's about time they cracked down on Ken's piss taking.
I'd be amazed if Parky isn't running out of patience too.