The Blades to stick the knife in? Bolton v Sheffield Utd 12/9/17.

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: The Blades to stick the knife in? Bolton v Sheffield Utd 12/9/17.

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:59 pm

Positives:

1.) It doesn't sound like we got played off the pitch for the first time at home this season.
2.) We have set our home record for longest we have lasted without conceding a goal.

Negatives:

1.) Pretty pathetic that record is 33mins.
2.) We struggle to create chances and score goals. How are we going to win a game?

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:59 pm

It was so bad.

If it was up to me I'd change the manager. The club needs a lift and a different approach to football matches.

Sheff Utd did everything possible to slow down the game, waste time and commit fouls. Every credit to them.

Genuinely can't see us winning a football match in this division. When is Milwall at home?

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:01 pm

There are people on here who have been going longer than I, but this must be up there with the most depressing situations we've found ourselves in. There are 39 more games of this.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:04 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:56 pm
the only saving grace is that there are quite a few other shit teams around us at the bottom of the table - plenty of time yet to get better and pick up some points
7 games in and 2 points, I'll do the maths. 46/7 = 6.5. 6.5 x 2 = 13.

If we get 13 points playing like this then that would be an insult to the league as we deserve to be rolled over every week.

The team is just not good enough. PP is trying to win a game of hold em' poker with a 7 of clubs and a 2 of diamonds. There is only so much he can do.

claus jensens guitar
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by claus jensens guitar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:06 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:54 pm
I genuinely believe we'll be down before the end of Feb.
Going down in April at Derby again.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:08 pm

Filled my inertia by thinking about how bad this could be...

http://www.fl125.co.uk/records/league-points

All time lowest leeague points total to aim for - 17
Blackpools 26 points from 14/15 the lowest in the Championship.
18 successive defeats (Darwen, old school) or Sunderland with17 in 02/03 is more recent.
34 total losses for Doncaster in 97/98 (div3)
33 for Wimbledon in 03/04 which I think is old div 1 (Championship in todays money).

Interesting to see if this shower are worse than the side Lennon cobbled together. I think we are in with a chance. So in 15/16 we finished with 30 points with 5 wins in total. Scored 41 but shipped 81 (average of 1.8 per game). We are conceding 2 goals per game at the mo so we could better that. 26 defeats that season was a record, as was 19 away.

In 2011/12 we have two club records as well - 11 home defeats and 39 goals conceded. They could be up for grabs!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:10 pm

Oh:
7 consecutive home defeats
11 consecutive defeats
They are the other two we could go for!

elhadj
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by elhadj » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:15 pm

First, hardluck for losing again, I'm going to said this if we can't beat Millwall and Sheffield united we are in a big big trouble , I'm not going to put all the blame on Parkinson shoulder but for me he is one of big reason why we are in this situation, I know we can't spend any money and we can't bring the player that he want , but this is a f***g shite football if madine not doing anything we will lose because Parkinson doesn't have any plan b , the answer is Ken Anderson have to try and convince big Sam to come home again because when he left Bolton we are completely lost , anybody go and check in Bolton history look when big Sam in Bolton and after he left we are lost,from Sammy Lee to megson to coyle to Freedman to Lennon to Parkinson , Parkinson experience just in league 1 , in championship till now I'm so sorry for saying this but you are know nothing and I don't think you will do anything if you keep playing for madine ,I know some people will say big Sam tactic is the same but he will organise the team from defence to forward and will make every player give him 110% and any player doesn't give him what he want he will set on the bench, he doesn't like to complement any one .

Come on Ken Anderson go and convince him and work hard to left this embargo .

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:24 pm

The biggest problem is the midfield. We will never control a game with this midfield not even against the next worst teams in this division. Derik, Cullen, Karacan, Pratley. That midfield looks hideously weak in this division. Vela will help, but we need to sign a free agent midfielder or two. The likes of Spearing, Diagouraga, Mulumbu would be a huge improvement on what we have. Of course to do that KA needs to sort the embargo..

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:30 pm

^^

elhadj, with respect, do you have any idea how much money Big Sam would want, even if he could be persuaded to manage a Championship side now? And then how much money he'd ask for to spend on players? I guess you don't, but forget Big Sam, we're in Ford Focus territory now not Lamborghini Land.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:33 pm

ford focus ????
more like a 2cv with a flat battery
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:34 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:24 pm
The biggest problem is the midfield. We will never control a game with this midfield not even against the next worst teams in this division. Derik, Cullen, Karacan, Pratley. That midfield looks hideously weak in this division. Vela will help, but we need to sign a free agent midfielder or two. The likes of Spearing, Diagouraga, Mulumbu would be a huge improvement on what we have. Of course to do that KA needs to sort the embargo..
Worth thinking about Bristol, but it isn't the midfield that are letting in the soft goals; eight in the last three games? That and the facxt that we can't buy a goal back in reply. Midfield might be weak, but front and back aren't shaping too well right now either....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:39 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:34 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:24 pm
Worth thinking about Bristol, but it isn't the midfield that are letting in the soft goals; eight in the last three games? That and the facxt that we can't buy a goal back in reply. Midfield might be weak, but front and back aren't shaping too well right now either....
Sure, but without being able to win and retain the ball in midfield you put the defenders in a lot of bad situations in games. And also you don't have enough the ball to supply the front men and wingers. We have seen our possession stats, they are ridiculous. We definitely have other issues, but the midfield is the engine. If the engine is poor the journey will be poor no matter how nice the body work is, or how nice the interior is.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:40 pm

Keepers are crap an all. Basically we are so far short for this league all over. Get it. Might as well let young elhadj have his dreams TD, most positive thing that will be posted on here for a while.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:41 pm

With such a poor midfield, one way to play... play with Madine and Wilbraham up top and lump the ball to them to create havoc and score a lucky goal, and defend with 7.

Cant see us getting out of this without better players.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:03 pm

Maybe when uncle ken gets the embargo lifted we can apply to start with 12 on the basis our players are much crapper than everybody elses.

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:14 pm

Let's randomly appoint a Bundesliga reserve team manager with one caveat - he must wear Oakley prescription glasses. Cap with BWFC badge is optional.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:32 am

I don't think we're as far off as some think. But we're two real quality players short. And therefore we may as well be 15 short.

A really dominant central midfield player who can win the ball back, cover ground and keep things simple plus a striker who can play up on their own with some pace and an ability to sometimes take a half chance.

Add those two in, I'd be very confident. I suppose you could say that for most sides but I really think that with the embargo gone in say July, we'd have had a shot.

Without those players it looks frankly an impossible task. Sadly.

Interested to see what Ken does here. I hope he sticks with Parky. I really do. And gives him what he actually needs, an embargo free football club with at least a modest budget to build something. I have a feeling it might not work out like that, but there we go.

But there needs to be some realism, Sam Allardyce could walk into any struggling premiership club, if he wanted. I'm sure Palace would have taken him back. But why on earth he'd come to a struggling championship club with no money, in an embargo...its absolutely ridiculous to think he'd consider that.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:00 am

Would Ken throw Parky under the bus to protect his own reputation? Each reader will have his or her own opinion.

Won't be long before someone's suggesting Nolan with Allardyce as Director of Football - as if that wouldn't clash with the Andersons' remit.

We need a midfielder both imposing and intelligent - no point just having a repulsive oaf who then can't use the freshly-won ball wisely. After that, besides a striker we can't afford, we will have to hope the players we have are good enough and, importantly, fit enough to start getting points.

elhadj
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by elhadj » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:13 am

But there needs to be some realism, Sam Allardyce could walk into any struggling premiership club, if he wanted. I'm sure Palace would have taken him back. But why on earth he'd come to a struggling championship club with no money, in an embargo...its absolutely ridiculous to think he'd consider that.
[/quote]

because big sam love bolton and i think his family live in bolton , and maybe he will bring some buyers to take bolton from ken anderson and put some money .

i don't have any thing against ken but he is working too slowly , if he wants to remove this embargo he will work hard and do everything to help this beautiful club .

i'm supporting bolton in good times and bad times i'm loving this club from 2003 , and i can't see any body success after big sam left , maybe the board make bad choice , if it's once it's ok twice ok but they made five bad choice , eddie davies and phil gartside now gone and the new board make a good choice with parkinson but for me and till now parkinson is just have league 1 experience this is maybe his second time in champioship and till now he is doing very bad , i know a lot will say he can't do anything because of this embargo , this is right , but at least put organise team on the floor try to change your style madine do what he can do but he cannot be the best player every game because this is his best , so if madine not winning any high ball we will do nothing in attack .

some will said big sam have same style long ball , but at least he can put organise team every game and if there is some thing wrong he will make it wright because he have a lot of experience in this division and in the premier league .

i hope parkinson try to make some thing wright .