A taste of honey, or a sting in the beehind? Bolton v Brentford 23/9/2017

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: A taste of honey, or a sting in the beehind? Bolton v Brentford 23/9/2017

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:26 pm

Mic lads tell us how it's done then.....then rant on about what a "wonderful free kick) Brentfords was. Meanwhile, in Whites world we get a free kick and.....it's ping-pong time on their line and....they clear...More mither about nothing, then we lose it and...Beevers and Robinson clear. Liner gets bad juju but we get a free kick and....we sally, they clear and...win a free kick as 13,000 and something of a crowd announced. Wheater clears for a throw and back they come and...eventually....Ben clears and they get a free for offside. This mic man is not a Bolton supporter. Changes mentioned and Noone and co don armour and mount up. Corner them and....short and....two shots, the second a Wiganer. I'm sick of social media on a match commentrey. We sally, they clear, we get away and block but they come again. Free kick them again. And......xxxx off kic man!" And.....two attempts are wide. Half an hour to go and...mic man waffles about City. Another free kick them and....Ben has to save. Nothing at all good is happening for us, so let's fluke it. Who'd have thought, Bolton Wanderers, softest team in the league? Madine goes, we get a deep throw and...Madine and Robinson try but lose out. Noone and Alf replace Burke and Armstrong
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:26 pm

Spearing would probably improve us but I doubt that he would make all that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things. We still have largely the same problems that we had in the season just gone, only we're now at a level where the opposition are good enough to prevent us getting away with it.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:27 pm

Two nil.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:27 pm

And a thirty yarder has mic man slavering and it 0-2/

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:29 pm

feck me.

No pressure from the midfield. They take a punt goes in the top corner.

Won't be long before PP is on his way at this rate.

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:35 pm

Sh!te!

Come out in the second half and not got near their goal.

We won't score if we played all week - Mark my words

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:42 pm

So its 1-2-8 and we are right at the bottom of a big hill (mountain) ...Mic men chat, I have no idea what's happening and we are sounding a joke. .....Where's the fight lads? Morais, off and back on and....gee, Saturday used to be such a good day (mic man still slavering about two wonderful goals, Dave Higson will be spinning) And.....a short corner them and....back to them. All that's left is to score...free kick us and....ping and pong gets us a throw. Twenty to go and....keeper punches, Noone and....part-cleared....and...we appeal for a pen and that almost lets them score another. They get another free kick...oh, goody. What was that about a "must win" game? ...And Henry has a dash and wins another corner. They'll take it eventually, and we part clear but back they come again. And more subs? Wilbrham arrives and Robinson leaves. Is that about 8 strikers we have on? Resort to wallop and score, wallop and score....and a Brent gets a yellow. Alf hits a Wiganer and they get a goal kick. Mic man claims "It's not the best run Bolton are having" now there a No shxt Sherlock....

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:48 pm

Fcking three now.
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:48 pm

Throw us now, Jem loses out ( had a horror of a game? and gets a card to boot) Free kick them and ...then a goal kick as back it goes. Can a miracle occur here..? Ben clears and....Morais now, Cullen and...they win it and break. We wave a big pink candy floss at them and...mic lads have a chat. No idea what's happening on the pitch, so lets have some scores. Oh, a throw and...it ends with Benn Wallop. Here they come and Ben has to save as mic man drools about great play from them. It's 3-0 and that's it from me. Enough's enough. :evil:

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:49 pm

Ta Ta PP.

Thanks for the memories.

An absolute shambles of a team.

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:57 pm

Finally people will realise it's time for PP to go....

don't think we had a shot second half.

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:03 pm

So we get absolutely battered against the team who are one place above us in the league, have 4 points and scored only 3 goals more.

can't wait to hear people defend PP after that one...

Karacan is a busy fool.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:07 pm

Well. That was fun.

elhadj
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by elhadj » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:12 pm

I said it before and I will say it again Phil Parkinson is a league one master but in championship he will not do anything because he keep playing same tactic and same formation , somebody will say when he change to 442 we concede ,why he doesn't try from the start of the match

For me again time to go Phil Parkinson you will not do anything and I don't think that he will make a big difference if he keep his position in Bolton because we will be already prepared to league one.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:22 pm

Our Chairman saw fit to give PP a brand new contract prior to seeing if he could cut it at this level. I'm really not sure we could afford to pay him off now even if we wanted to.

I find it hard to believe that an experienced business man could be so naeve. Unless of course, the new contract contains performance clauses.

2 away matches to come. We could be adrift by ten points by mid October.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:22 pm

Even while watching, it felt like that first 20 minutes was a big one, both for the season and the Parky era. We actually played some nice stuff and *gasp* created at least two chances.

But we didn't score, and after that it was more of what we've been seeing all season. Much will be made that all three of Brentford's strikes were goal of the month contenders, but they had enough easier chances to have been well out of sight. Also, there isn't a player who started for us today who I'd back to find the top corner from 25 yards if you gave them 100 attempts.

Attacking wise, we look literally years, or even decades, behind even the worst teams in the division. Brentford might come down with us, but they've got three or four players who buzz around with a bit of pace and ask questions of the opposition. We've got Madine, and if that doesn't work we've got Wilbraham, and that doesn't work we throw Wheater up there as well.

I don't want to sack Parky, but nobody can have infinite job security if their team loses to nil every week. If we're not at least four points better off after the Barnsley game, we're staring down the barrel of a historically bad season, and he'll have to go.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:24 pm

That was as bad as anything I've seen in years. The gulf in class against the side who were 2nd bottom was embarrassing.

The players may not be good enough but they should be better organised. 3-5-2 is not working
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Sweet
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Sweet » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:35 pm

Attendance: 13,897 LOL

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:12 pm

Tombwfc wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:22 pm
Even while watching, it felt like that first 20 minutes was a big one, both for the season and the Parky era. We actually played some nice stuff and *gasp* created at least two chances.

But we didn't score, and after that it was more of what we've been seeing all season. Much will be made that all three of Brentford's strikes were goal of the month contenders, but they had enough easier chances to have been well out of sight. Also, there isn't a player who started for us today who I'd back to find the top corner from 25 yards if you gave them 100 attempts.

Attacking wise, we look literally years, or even decades, behind even the worst teams in the division. Brentford might come down with us, but they've got three or four players who buzz around with a bit of pace and ask questions of the opposition. We've got Madine, and if that doesn't work we've got Wilbraham, and that doesn't work we throw Wheater up there as well.

I don't want to sack Parky, but nobody can have infinite job security if their team loses to nil every week. If we're not at least four points better off after the Barnsley game, we're staring down the barrel of a historically bad season, and he'll have to go.
Agree about the quality, but not sure anyone can remotely blame Parky for that. The fact that our midfield is the weakest in this division by a mile is more worrying. We don't even make it difficult for teams to play through us.

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:39 pm

Probably about as bad as I've ever seen (maybe on par with Rotherham 2 years ago on boxing day, or that 0-5 at Sheff Weds back in the day).

We set up without a midfield. After a promising start, they realised that we had nobody in the middle and they just ran through us. Everytime they got the ball they either broke quickly or just sat on the ball in the middle unchallenged. On another day, this was a 7-0 scoreline. A few bad misses and a few good saves stopped this being what it ought to have been.

The loan players and Jem were absolutely awful. The 2 West Ham lads were really really bad.

Yes, we have been struggling with money, but that is no excuse for setting up a team like that, or failing to change it.

Parky is not good enough. We he said this week that we didn't need another tackling midfielder as we already had 3, sums him up.

We are down and need to plan for next year. I honestly can't see us beating anyone this year