Buoyant Bolton or Wallowing Wanderers? Fulham v Bolton 28/10/2017

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Buoyant Bolton or Wallowing Wanderers? Fulham v Bolton 28/10/2017

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:46 pm

HMX wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:26 pm
Any pub of choice for one before the game? I'm hearing 'White Horse' at Parsons Green. Usually busy with Chelsea fans but, with their game at Bournemouth, won't be the case tomorrow.
The default option is the Eight Bells, whose Wikipedia page is quite the read.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:10 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:46 pm
HMX wrote:
Any pub of choice for one before the game? I'm hearing 'White Horse' at Parsons Green. Usually busy with Chelsea fans but, with their game at Bournemouth, won't be the case tomorrow.
Wow, that's a great entry! Think we met there when I last travelled to the Cottage.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:45 pm

The Eight Bells was given over to us when we played Fulham final game of the season before last. I managed nine pints before admitting defeat and left Pru & Enoch to their tenth ....

I’ll be there tomorrow. But, having given into endless demands to be in the company of my instant wit and repartee, I’ve condescended to joining a couple of Fulham supporting workmates in their end (Blue Boat in Hammersmith beforehand).
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:36 pm

Where we watched Wes f*cking Morgan lift the Premier League Trophy. Scenes.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:19 pm

Phwoar a ten pinter, not done that for a while! We need to win some games of football. Playing catch up! Not here though, it never is. Be lucky to get a point.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:41 am

HMX wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:10 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:46 pm
HMX wrote:
Wow, that's a great entry! Think we met there when I last travelled to the Cottage.
Am I seeing a special edition because there's very little on that page when I click it :crazy:

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:08 am

AT - If you're still in the land of guaranteed free expression and human rights for all, then yes, you've been firewalled. 'Cos that is quite the wiki entry, blimey: Murder, royalty, intrigue, disco and booze (what more could you ask for a London pub:)

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:46 am

Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:08 am
AT - If you're still in the land of guaranteed free expression and human rights for all, then yes, you've been firewalled. 'Cos that is quite the wiki entry, blimey: Murder, royalty, intrigue, disco and booze (what more could you ask for a London pub:)
There is a short mention of the Stockwell Strangler but not much else. Will have to have a sneaky peek later 8)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:08 pm

Betting the lads are not sorry to be playing away this weather. Don't know what it's like down Cottage land, but here it's absolutely miserable; grey, cold and pxssing down. Under 17's World Cup Final, England v Spain, on TV at the same time as our game, decisions, decisons. Ah, go on then, COME ON YOU WHITES.....
.. :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:56 pm

Bright cold autumn day, TD. En route so will update when possible, dependent on connectivity and mood.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:50 pm

Alnwick, Little, Wheater, Beevers, Taylor Pratley, Henry, Ameobi, Vela, Armstrong, Madine

Subs: Howard, Le Fondre, Noone, Robinson, Osede, Morais, Darby
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:55 pm

Team not unexpected and not a weak bench. An early goal or two (for us) would be very nice...Brew on, all ready and dog walk postponed till post match (he doesn't look too worried with the miserable weather) . Reet, all ready to roll...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:59 pm

My friend who works for Fulham actually now spares me from the obligation of travelling all the way down there to watch us get spanked by dint of him getting me free tickets. That said, there are few, if any, other away day experiences quite like a few jars in The Eight Bells, a stroll through the park and dinner in Putney.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:09 pm

Music played as the purple perils ( aye, we're in the purple today). First throw to the homers but we have a dash forth. And......Vela gets a cross in but it's deflected to the keeper. First free kick to them too and....it ends back with them. Here they come and....Armstrong knocks the ball our for a throw. A bit of us and them then they sally at us. Goal kick us . Mic man man reckons we've started okay. Some chat about the stands then Vela...wins a corner for us. And....Vela and...Beevers has a Wiganer. Some scores, then..Sammi goes and ...loses it. They come, Kearney and McDonald go forth but we clear. Again they try and..Norwood and....we defend it at the expense of a throw. They manage an attack but we clear. Sammi now and...Little and...Sammi loses out. Throw them again off Wheats....

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:59 pm
My friend who works for Fulham actually now spares me from the obligation of travelling all the way down there to watch us get spanked by dint of him getting me free tickets. That said, there are few, if any, other away day experiences quite like a few jars in The Eight Bells, a stroll through the park and dinner in Putney.
Aye, my favourite ground, even if it's always baltic in the Putney End regardless of the weather.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:15 pm

Some mic chat about this and that, then we get a free kick via Henry. Ben wallops one and mic man reckons we have a good following. Sammi....they clear and..Wheats slips and Benn wallops again and...Sammi hits one well wide...apparently. They come at us but Kamara? is offside. Mither about City, then they get a free kick deep back. Here again, then we break and..Vela loses control and they clear. Sammi now and....a throw us and...the noise level rises as Henry decks one. Ref hands him a hello yellow card which we could have done without. Ream now and...Kamara. Wheats knocks it out for a throw...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:16 pm

Madine tries a header that's cleared away and the Homers vist and....Fredericks, Kearney and.....they score and offside goal.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:23 pm

Bit of a let off there as mic man rambles about stuff oif no interest. They intercept and break and....win a free kick from Henry...again. Steady lad, we can do without playing with ten. Ben clears, Ream airs it and...some this and that and a throw. Sammi doing well. A throw us and....lose out. Throw them now and....it end with a poor clearance from Ben. Luckily he gets the shot in hand. McDonald causing a bit of aggro then they have a passing spell. We break it up and clear but can't control it via Armstrong. All end with a throw to us, bu the homers are twitching. Ref misses a hold on Madine and they break and win a corner. Pepignon, McDonald, Kearney....Fredericks, ....and Cameron slices one over our bar.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:25 pm

Ben wallops, comes back, Little clears and.....Pepignon gives a way a free to us. Vela, Sammi, bit of head tennis and....they clear. Taylor, Armstrong and.....oooohhh. a cracking shot goes just wide.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:30 pm

Back come the homers and McDonald, Pepignon and a shot is saved by Ben. Fulham get a free kick and Little gets a word from the ref. And.....Norwood and...Ben catches it and clears. Mic man reckons we're doing okay and now we get a free kick and....Vela and....no, Taylor takes it and...we get a corner. Vela again and...in and...Taylor and....Wheater slices one well wide by rushing it. Sammi, Little, Henry and Ben clears. Sasmmi and......its 1-0 us :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: