[Motm Poll added] Does Parky have the Balls to find a winning recipe? Bolton v Norwich 4/11/217

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who was Man of the Match??

Sammi Ameobi
25%
Gary Madine
35%
Ben Alnwick
10%
Karl Henry
15%
Mark Little
10%
Other
5%

Total votes: 20

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: [Motm Poll added] Does Parky have the Balls to find a winning recipe? Bolton v Norwich 4/11/217

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:47 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:49 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:27 pm
On another slightly tangential note, the money we got for Clough, at this stage looks a very good deal on our part.
I'd carry him home from Nottingham on my back. And I speak as someone who has suffered a collapsed intervertebral disc. :D

(In reality, I'd offer him a lift in the Zafira and bore him daft with memories of games before he was born)
Definitely an interesting question: Who would fare better in our team at this moment, Armstrong or Clough? Armstrong is quicker and physically stronger, Clough you might argue a better finisher and more skillful...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: [Motm Poll added] Does Parky have the Balls to find a winning recipe? Bolton v Norwich 4/11/217

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:44 pm

Norwich played some lovely stuff for 25 minutes but ultimately, barring the one that Alnwick saved with his foot, offered absolutely nowt up top. I was delighted to see that they had Jerome up there as he makes our Gaz Maz look like Gerd 4ucking Muller.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:31 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:44 pm
Norwich played some lovely stuff for 25 minutes but ultimately, barring the one that Alnwick saved with his foot, offered absolutely nowt up top. I was delighted to see that they had Jerome up there as he makes our Gaz Maz look like Gerd 4ucking Muller.
Was much the same at Fulham, Bruce. It was like they had a lack of self-belief. let alone killer instinct. When Taylor winced off, we were without a left-back - not even a filler-in - for two full minutes before Jedi came on; the dozy Fulham bastards just passed it happily amongst themselves, along the back line and back again, without - y'know - going for the big f*cking hole in our defence.

I hope we meet more like them. Because there are beatable teams in this division.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:02 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:49 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:27 pm
On another slightly tangential note, the money we got for Clough, at this stage looks a very good deal on our part.
I'd carry him home from Nottingham on my back. And I speak as someone who has suffered a collapsed intervertebral disc. :D

(In reality, I'd offer him a lift in the Zafira and bore him daft with memories of games before he was born)
Tango could fill him in on the memories of games before his [Clough's] dad was born as an extra treat.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:23 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:44 pm
Said at the game that our fans sometimes moan at Madine, but Jerome is worse.

The first half save was good, but just after that Jerome had a chance on a plate that he put wide. Arguably the crucial point in the match.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Re: Does Parky have the Balls to find a winning recipe? Bolton v Norwich 4/11/217

Post by Little Green Man » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:11 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:48 pm
Connor Hall is a young striker we signed in the summer after a trial at the end of last season...

Scored a hat-trick tonight for the U23s, beating Hull City 6-1.