Reading, righting and a rhythm attack.....At Home to Reading ..21 Nov.

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Reading, righting and a rhythm attack.....At Home to Reading ..21 Nov.

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:21 pm

GET IN THERE YOU BONE IDLE BASTARD!!

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:24 pm

We are staying up I say we are staying up
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:24 pm

The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:24 pm

Some fandango going on about a supposed elbow from Pratley, then a Royal rises from the dead and.....visitor fans and bench not happy. Back with the scrappers then Vela crunches one before Sammi gives away a throw. A try at a free kick gets squashed then...Sammi shoots and....wins a corner. And...and....Henry and...vela and.....it;s 2-0
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:25 pm

WahoooooToo!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:25 pm

Pratley nods Vela's corner in from eight yards and....well, we score again . 2-0 thank you. :oyea: :oyea:

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:26 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:21 pm
GET IN THERE YOU BONE IDLE BASTARD!!
:lol:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:26 pm

Lovely lovely lovely. After dropping six points in the last stretch of games I’m much much more relaxed with a two-goal lead. They say 2-0 is the most dangerous score but I prefer it to 0-2 ;-)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:29 pm

Two set-pieces as well, I understand. If we can start threatening from those again, and retain the odd clean sheet, things might get splendid upon occasion.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:32 pm

A time waste visit to Bury, then.....we go again and....lose out and they clear. More Italian stuff from the Royals then they sally and win a corner. And....headed clear, Vela double clears before they sally again. We whack one into Row 49 and it's a throw to them. A quick chat about Jaap Stam, then.....they sally forth and.....we get a goal kick. Robinson evades an attempt to fall in the box. Madine wins a free now and....McShane? looks injured then rises from the depths. In and....they hack it out for a throw on halfway. They seem to be doing a lot of appealing to officials. Sammi sallies and...we get another corner....and....Vela and....ref gives a free kick to them. More bull from Bury, then...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:37 pm

We clear a sally, Little clears, some scores, Armstrong gives a free kick away and....in and....flicked....and we clear to Armstrong and Sammi and....Armstrong loses out. They clear and Pratley clears well. They rally and sally at us. Mic lads have a chat. Pratley having a "fine game". They try again, Robinson clears for a throw. An offside the ref missed there. They come visiting, Alooko? and Burke clears well for a corner as we almost get caught out. And......ohhhhh, ball clears everbody and that could have gone in. Goalkick us.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:48 pm

Heading for lemon and Lucozade time as they get a throw.....and... it goes back, then....they sally and...Alooko? comes again and he didn't get an alooko in there. We sally forth and a scrambled clearance gets us a corner and....Short and...Vela goes offside. Bad decision...apparently. And....their keeper clears to Alooko and they have a quick Italian that ends back with keeper. They go offside and....a bit of chat and....a bit more chat, then....a bit more back passing from the Royals. And....Pratley's ball is cut out by Moore. They come forth and....Ben nips out and grabs the ball. And now...Madine gets a head knock as McShane skydives on him. Dropped ball?? We press and....Henry sallies and....we have it, and....Vela challenges late and givesa them a free kick almost on half time. Sammi clears, Vela, Sami.....Madine wins the header but the keeper grabs. Alooko again and...Wheats nods it out for a corner. And......in and....4 mins announced. Alooko gives one away to us. 4 mins?? Anyway....Ben and.....Burke and....they get it and sally. They have a throw in our half. And....Madine ...is offside.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:50 pm

And.....they come, Armstrong blocks, they come baqck, Sammi clears for a corner to them. And....some head tennis, a part clear and....Henry gives then another corner. Come on lads, and.......a good cross goes begging. A let off. Ben, Vela....

At half time then...Whites 2, Royals 0. :oyea:

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:55 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:29 pm
Two set-pieces as well, I understand. If we can start threatening from those again, and retain the odd clean sheet, things might get splendid upon occasion.
It's one of the things that has frustrated me so far this season. For the first time in 3 decades, last season was a time to get excited about corners. We just haven't seen anything from Beevers or Wheater so far. Unsure as to whether that's about a better level of defending in the Championship or not. Given the fact that Vela couldn't beat the first man all Friday night, perhaps I shouldn't be too surprised.

Mike men suggesting we can defend a 2 nil lead. FFS, don't encourage us to sit back on it and give them possession!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:59 pm

Nothing wrong with game management, but there’s a difference between that and sitting in our own box. If they like possession, let them have it up to a trigger point - might be halfway, might be the back edge of the centre circle, whatever. And look to be as switched-on as possible when we do get it.

Meantime: Villa 2-0 Sunderland. Brentford 1-0 Burton.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:05 pm

The curtsin rises, the warriors appear stage centre. Let the games begin.....and all that stuff..Anyway, we're away, er, oh well, at home of course..........A pea rattles and...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:10 pm

We start with a report about Bury...oh, goody. Anyway, in football world Vela puts the ball in motion as mic man rambles about Bury. We get an early throw and....Sammi causes a punch that goes for a corner. Vela and....they clear it. Ben cashes in on an offside and...Henry and Prats clear, Henry sallies forth but they clear. Alloka sallies, Wheats clkears for a throw as 13,000 plus announced. They try a cross but the header goes over. Goal kick us.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:16 pm

Alooko comes again, Barrow and....goes back and....Alooko again and.....he causes a good save from Ben with a stinging shot. Corner them, cleared and....they get a throw. And...Alooko getting too m uch ball and....Pratley clears, Heny clears, we win it then lose it again. Back they come and please let's not play in our half all game. Ben clears. They sally again and pu the pressure on. They reall sound tails up and we could do with a break or two and put the game beyond question. Sammi now and....and....cleared. Wheater, they clear, Prats goes wide, Little and....they get a free kick. Stop m ithering about Bury ffs. They clear to that Alooko nuisance and....we get a throw.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:22 pm

More Bury chuff, then back to it and....they clear, Burke and Robinson clear back and we get a deep throw off McShane.
Royals win a throw with abit of clever clog dancinf (apparently) then they charge forth. Alooko doesn't get the corner as Robinson does well. Come on Whites, get that dominance. Madine loses a wrestle with Moore then...they get a throw and...start probing. We rob it and....it goes back to the keeper. Vela does well and....Madine's pass not quite making the gap and they clear. Back and forth, load of names I don 't know, then Moore sallies at us. Gunter, Vierens? Alooko and a long and speculative effort does a Wiganer.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:27 pm

Robinson looking a bit fatiuged says mic man. Throw us now and....Henry's touch ends with a goal kick to them. More Bury mither, then...that Alooklo gets a mention for wrong reasons. Throw us and.....Madine, Vela and...Henry...Robinson. Throw us now and....mic men talk of changes. And....they sally now and play keepsie before getting forced back. Vierens slips and Ben grabs the ball. They win it back, it comes into ping-pong land then..Alooko wins a deep throw. Real pain that man. And the Royals swap Verens for a big lad..apparently?