Reading, righting and a rhythm attack.....At Home to Reading ..21 Nov.

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Reading, righting and a rhythm attack.....At Home to Reading ..21 Nov.

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:36 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:54 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:52 am
BN:
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... jury_blow/

"it is understood Parkinson is also considering switching systems"

Hmm. Without either wing-back. I can sort of see the point of having both Burke and Dervite flanking Wheater rather than trying to emulate the extremely well-worked Wheavers duo, but who the galloping pig would we play right and left? Taylor's not even an attacking left-back, let along a wing-back; same, doubly so, for Darby – and while I might fancy Burke giving it a go as an overlapping full-back, I can't see him having the entire wing as his dominion and responsibility. Morais has shown himself out of his depth there in this division, while Parky surely can't be considering playing Sammy, Noone or Buckley (can you imagine?) as wing-backs. And that's before you figure out how to fit Sammy into a back-three system: support striker? Lop-sided 3-5-2? More balanced but more open 3-4-3? If the latter, who do you drop out of Henry/Pratley/Vela?

I just hope this is throwing smoke around to confuse Jaaaaaaap Shtam.
Eeeek. I know we have issues with Full Backs, but the only way for a team like us against Reading is to have width higher up the pitch

They keep the ball for long periods and press when they don't have it. Good footballing sides can pick them off with triangles and bodies, but we're not one of them!! We need to be reliant on direct forward balls (as usual) and diags for Ameobi and Armstrong to get 1v1 with their full backs

Wing backs in the side and we'll get twatted. And I mean 3 or 4 nil twatted
I would agree with all that even if we had decent options at wing-back (ie Jedi and Little). Without them, it just seems... strange. So strange, in fact, that it makes no sense at all. If we do play a back three tonight, I think I might be almost as amazed as I will be horrified. Likesay, the formation needs to include Pratley, Henry, Vela and Ameobi; with decent wingbacks you could just about bang them into a 3-5-2 (Ameobi floating off Madine, Vela breaking forward from the five) but we haven't got decent wingbacks available and I can't think of a practical alternative that doesn't mean at least one man out of position.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:55 pm

Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:36 pm
boltonboris wrote:
BN:

Hmm. Without either wing-back. I can sort of see the point of having both Burke and Dervite flanking Wheater rather than trying to emulate the extremely well-worked Wheavers duo, but who the galloping pig would we play right and left? Taylor's not even an attacking left-back, let along a wing-back; same, doubly so, for Darby – and while I might fancy Burke giving it a go as an overlapping full-back, I can't see him having the entire wing as his dominion and responsibility. Morais has shown himself out of his depth there in this division, while Parky surely can't be considering playing Sammy, Noone or Buckley (can you imagine?) as wing-backs. And that's before you figure out how to fit Sammy into a back-three system: support striker? Lop-sided 3-5-2? More balanced but more open 3-4-3? If the latter, who do you drop out of Henry/Pratley/Vela?

Eeeek. I know we have issues with Full Backs, but the only way for a team like us against Reading is to have width higher up the pitch

They keep the ball for long periods and press when they don't have it. Good footballing sides can pick them off with triangles and bodies, but we're not one of them!! We need to be reliant on direct forward balls (as usual) and diags for Ameobi and Armstrong to get 1v1 with their full backs

I would agree with all that even if we had decent options at wing-back (ie Jedi and Little). Without them, it just seems... strange. So strange, in fact, that it makes no sense at all. If we do play a back three tonight, I think I might be almost as amazed as I will be horrified. Likesay, the formation needs to include Pratley, Henry, Vela and Ameobi; with decent wingbacks you could just about bang them into a 3-5-2 (Ameobi floating off Madine, Vela breaking forward from the five) but we haven't got decent wingbacks available and I can't think of a practical alternative that doesn't mean at least one man out of position.
Psychological warfare. Parky's messing with Jam Staap's head.
(or psychological meltdown, Parky's messing with Parky's head.)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:37 pm

boltonboris wrote:
BN:

Yep. We don't have wing backs. Nor full backs. So keep the system the same.

Who plays left back....I haven't the foggiest.

Derik right back? Darby left back? We're getting twatted whatever tonight.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:02 pm

boltonboris wrote:
BN:

Hello old friend :D
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:18 pm

The Frenchman can offer some cover and a set piece threat from Right back

Derik, I'm not sure. Think it's likely we'll see Burke at Left Back
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:45 pm

Parky, who is no mug, well knows the importance of this game; he's been going on about not falling further behind only yesterday, so he's not likely to field a weak side, or state in advance what that side will be. A win of any sort and the three points and that'll do fine. We're at home, so it's not pushing the boundaries too far, so.....COME ON YOU WHITES.... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:50 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:45 pm
so he's not likely to field a weak side
Don't think he's got the luxury to decide that for himself!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:11 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:50 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:45 pm
so he's not likely to field a weak side
Don't think he's got the luxury to decide that for himself!
So long as he doesn't go all avant garde on us and try 0, 5, 4, 1 or something
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:16 pm

I'm clinging to the thought that Taylor's fit. Even though the club site says "Andrew Taylor is unlikely to be risked".

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:59 pm

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:16 pm
I'm clinging to the thought that Taylor's fit. Even though the club site says "Andrew Taylor is unlikely to be risked".

The U23 left back, Joe Muscatt, didn't play against Burnley last night. Might be a coincidence, or not.

https://www.shoot.co.uk/tottenham-talent-joe-muscatt/

He was one of those 10 trialists in the Marine pre-seson game

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:04 pm

Unchanged bar Burke for Beevers. ALF back on bench.
58693DEB-2F3D-46F6-BF2D-5B370E2A6287.jpeg
58693DEB-2F3D-46F6-BF2D-5B370E2A6287.jpeg (101.03 KiB) Viewed 8709 times
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:05 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:59 pm
Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:16 pm

The U23 left back, Joe Muscatt, didn't play against Burnley last night. Might be a coincidence, or not.

https://www.shoot.co.uk/tottenham-talent-joe-muscatt/

He was one of those 10 trialists in the Marine pre-seson game
Little, Robinson fit, panic over

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:09 pm

Nice troll by Parky!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:20 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:17 pm

Anyway, I'm wondering (given that Parky probably know a fair bit about Reading despite his long absence) if smoke and mirrors are in play here? They definitely have a first team player suspended (like us), but is Parky doing a bit of an Ozzy on the gamesmanship stakes? How injured are Robinson and Little really, or is that just hope springing eternal?
Seems I wasn't far off the mark... :wink:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:24 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:55 pm
Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:36 pm
boltonboris wrote:
BN:

Psychological warfare. Parky's messing with Jam Staap's head.
(or psychological meltdown, Parky's messing with Parky's head.)
Similar Tango, similar.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:07 pm

Right, duties done, dog asleep (or pretending to be), no local fireworks, probably due to it pxssing down, wife in other room soap watching, brew made and...match time.
Not quite sure what's the set up, but Burke in in place of Beevers as Readin appear in "Luminous orangey pink shirts with black shorts" as mic man tells it, that are burning his eyes out...Anyway, the teams are lining up, mic man having a ramble about play-offs and relegations and....we're off.

Their keeper wallops one and..we get a throw. Bit of this and that and a bad back pass almost puts them in bother, almost.
Early pressure from us and....they sally at us and....it comes to Armstong. They snuff it out and win a free kick. And, we go to Bury...ffs, why? Meanwhile....at real football mic lads have a chat about sealing wax and string, then they get a free kick up their end. And....throw them. Back to their keeper again and Vela presses.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:15 pm

And....we get a throw, Little takes and Madine gets a wrestle going and they get a free kick. Throw them, off Robinson and..a bit of mic philosophy, then they get another throw. They sally forth and a bit of passing and...Pratley intervenes and they have to play backwards. Bit of Italian meaningless stuff, then a throw them. Wish the mics would stick to commentating instead of analysing. Alnwick dashes out and smothers a sally . Henry speaks words of wisdom at the ref...steady lad, then...mics chat a bit more. Long from them, back it goes and Madine wins the free this time. Ref Andew Madely?. And....Henry...and Wheater gives them one back. Reading sally after a long wallop, then Robinson gives away a foul in a not too happy location. And.....We clear and....they send it back, Sammi gives away a throw,

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:19 pm

Barrow sends a good ball across and.....we scramble it away for a corner. And....Ben punches..then catches it. Sammi goes foreth and....wins a free kick up the sharp end. Not getting forward quickly enough then....Swift? is injured and looks like coming off? A sub already for the Royals. Some scores then...Vela and...its 1-0....Burke :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:20 pm

Wahooooo!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:20 pm

Vela sent one in, it went to the back post and Burke knelt in prayer and nodded it in. Royals sally rapido, then Madine gets done for a free kick.