Animal Wars... T'rotters v T'ykes ('t'home Sat 2/12/17)

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Animal Wars... T'rotters v T'ykes ('t'home Sat 2/12/17)

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:11 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:38 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:10 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:01 pm
We'll win. Nailed on. It's the most must win game that has been described as must win this season. Barnsley are struggling - they are shittier than we are. We're at home.
I've never knowingly eaten sweetmeats, but if we lose I'm going to hunt down the slowest member of our team and cheerfully feast on some uncooked.
Might that be sweetbreads Spots? :D
:oops: , er, yes.
Incredible - I've just had a Twitter chat with Jay Rayner himself settle a dispute as to what constitutes sweetbreads. I was correct, by the way - sweetbreads are located in the thymus glad (in the throat). My disagreeing colleague was talking bollocks, quite literally! :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:40 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:11 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
We'll win. Nailed on. It's the most must win game that has been described as must win this season. Barnsley are struggling - they are shittier than we are. We're at home.
I've never knowingly eaten sweetmeats, but if we lose I'm going to hunt down the slowest member of our team and cheerfully feast on some uncooked.
Incredible - I've just had a Twitter chat with Jay Rayner himself settle a dispute as to what constitutes sweetbreads. I was correct, by the way - sweetbreads are located in the thymus glad (in the throat). My disagreeing colleague was talking bollocks, quite literally! :)
So what are bollocks called? I mean, when you eat them. Not that I have. Yet.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:00 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:40 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Plum pudding

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:29 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:40 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Lamb's fries, according to my new pal. :)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:37 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:41 pm
I'm trying to remember if I've ever actually seen us beat Barnsley. I'm sure I have, but to me they always feel like a bogey team somehow.
Clearest indication yet that insanity is in the eye of the beholder. :D
https://www.11v11.com/teams/bolton-wand ... /Barnsley/
Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 09.37.40.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 09.37.40.png (78.26 KiB) Viewed 12372 times
Wasn't it against Barnsley that Gudni scored from 40 yards? This is in the days when I got goal alerts on a pager. Kids, don't bother asking.

EDIT: So it was, as uploaded by our mate Matt:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:54 am

My abiding memory of watching us play Barnsley is one of screaming at Mike Whitlow not to show Craig Hignett onto his left foot, which he promptly did, only for Hignett to score yet another goal against us! :(

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:43 pm

Tomo equalising late on in 96-97. Stick that up your arse redfearn!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:47 pm

Just win, any which way but don't lose. (pardon the sad pun) :oops: Today is so important in lots of way; a win will boost both the team and the fans, we can creep cautiously out of the cellar, at least as far as the trap-door, confidence will rise and..well, my weekend at least will be made. This week, the pretend wanderers whacked us at Molyneux, the Aussies whacked us at cricket and rugby and enough is enough..so get a grip and...COME ON YOU WHITES... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:30 pm

Alnwick (GK); Little, Beevers, Burke, Robinson; Buckley, Vela, Henry, Pratley, Ameobi; Madine.

Subs: Howard (GK), Noone, Osede, Wilbraham, Darby, Le Fondre, Armstrong.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:42 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:30 pm
Alnwick (GK); Little, Beevers, Burke, Robinson; Buckley, Vela, Henry, Pratley, Ameobi; Madine.

What's with the Postman at the moment; is he injured?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:46 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:42 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

No idea Tango

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:51 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:46 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:42 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

No idea Tango
Him and Karajan seem to be lost in the mist right now?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:58 pm

Wish the commentators would stop saying thing like " We should be beating teams like Barnsly". If we're going anywhere at all we have to look at beating teams like Wolves, never mind Barnsley ( spelled "possible banana skin" who aren't going to lie down, incidentally). Get in there and adopt a "win any of them" attitude. That said, the time has arrived. ... :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:04 pm

In those shirts we could pretend they're United. That should be an incentive....here we go....Peeeep.
Robinson clears the first long ball for a throw. Ends back with Ben, then off we go, but it's a goal kick to them. Mic man chats about West Ham and a possible recall for Burke and the other fella. One end to the other, then Beevers and Robinson clear, but Beevers chops one and they get an early free kick. And.....in and Robinson clears twice and it ends up with Ben.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:08 pm

Bit of chat in the mic box, then Little clears for a throw. In long and.....Pratley clears and then we get the throw. Now then (good Barnsley imitation there) Sammi can't get there and they clear well via Williams. Throw, Robbo and...a chest down from Madine lets Vela have a distance lash. We go again, mic man gives scores, Ben gets a clearance then we get a throw.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:12 pm

They got a cross in with nobody really in attendance. Pratley sallies, they clear, some chat then.....Sammi heads out for a throw. And....a throw us, Sammi, Little and....ohhhhh Vela was apparently a bit unlucky as he was challenged. Henry picked the rebound up but they get the free kick. Forest one down already. They sally, we recover and....get a free kick. And...Henry wastes the possession. Goal kick and....long and...Burke clears for another throw....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:17 pm

Mic chat and making sinful comments about Barnsley winning. Sammi loses out, they break via Moncur (Remember Bobby?) and a throw to them. Ben wallops one and Madine sets off Vela. (granddaughter pops in as Madine goes down) . Now then, the Machine is back upright and....on with it. Buckley goes, Madine, Robinson and....cleared by them. Buckley again and gets chopped. Free kick us. And....Buckley gets the good words and...Henry, cleared..Vela....Sammi and..Burke and Vela and....ohhh Madine gets a header in but off target.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:20 pm

A "threepenny bit" header from the Machine apparently, then....a bit of chat about Scotland and stuff, then one goalie to another via ariel route. Wallop from Benn, Henry, Robinson and....Madine bats two at the keeper and they clear. They sally and....some more scores. Mic man squeeks as Barnsley attack, then we break and....Henry, Little and...it's 1-0 us. :oyea:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:21 pm

Little did really well, the ball went in and Madine claims the scuffle. That'll do. :oyea:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:23 pm

Oh......they sally and win a fxcking penalty as Burke chops one dowN, F.F.S......AND IT'S 1-1 inside a minute....