Animal Wars... T'rotters v T'ykes ('t'home Sat 2/12/17)

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Animal Wars... T'rotters v T'ykes ('t'home Sat 2/12/17)

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:53 pm

Quoting Henry Winter: "The time to worry about the future of a club is when there is radio (Tango) silence, when apathy reigns."
COYWM :oyea:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: Animal Wars... T'rotters v T'ykes ('t'home Sat 2/12/17)

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:37 am

I really think we should be leaving these threads to Brizzle Wanderer. His recent track record is a bit more decent than your recent disaster :P :mrgreen:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:47 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:37 am
I really think we should be leaving these threads to Brizzle Wanderer. His recent track record is a bit more decent than your recent disaster :P :mrgreen:
:P
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:55 am

...anyway, they got whupped last night by the mighty Reading, 3-0. Now they're wounded we need to pick them off. [Note to AT: I'm still running with the animal theme, I'm not letting it off the leash yet :mrgreen: ]
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:31 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:55 am
...anyway, they got whupped last night by the mighty Reading, 3-0. Now they're wounded we need to pick them off. [Note to AT: I'm still running with the animal theme, I'm not letting it off the leash yet :mrgreen: ]
Boaring :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:20 am

Whippets, don't forget the whippets.... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:36 am

... we need to whippet to them. 8)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:04 am

The other night on telly, Martin Keown wondered if Everton's forthcoming game against West Ham was the biggest in the club's history. That was obviously nonsense, considering Everton have won nine league titles, five FA Cups and a European Cup Winners' Cup, and only stayed up on the last day in 1998 (can't remember who went down). Oh and it's November.

However.

This could be a huge game in our season. If we win, we get back on track and Wolves is a blip. If we lose, we stay bottom, we start to lose touch and we have to come to terms with the idea that we can't even beat Barnsley at home. I've nothing against the Tykes, but if you can't beat Barnsley at home you can't expect to avoid to relegation. I don't expect us to win at Forest or Boro or Blades, but we have to target as many winnable games as possible, and if this isn't regarded as winnable then it's time to fold up the tents.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:10 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:04 am
The other night on telly, Martin Keown wondered if Everton's forthcoming game against West Ham was the biggest in the club's history. That was obviously nonsense, considering Everton have won nine league titles, five FA Cups and a European Cup Winners' Cup, and only stayed up on the last day in 1998 (can't remember who went down). Oh and it's November.

However.

This could be a huge game in our season. If we win, we get back on track and Wolves is a blip. If we lose, we stay bottom, we start to lose touch and we have to come to terms with the idea that we can't even beat Barnsley at home. I've nothing against the Tykes, but if you can't beat Barnsley at home you can't expect to avoid to relegation. I don't expect us to win at Forest or Boro or Blades, but we have to target as many winnable games as possible, and if this isn't regarded as winnable then it's time to fold up the tents.
Completely agree. Barnsley are a very poor side at the moment. They have nothing in the tank, their attack is virtually non-existent, and their defending is lumpenproletariat, leaden, and sulky. They play 'lump it up field' stylee, except half the time they can't even keep the ball within the lines when they do hoof it. Their captain does not lead, their players are woeful, and their loanees are not performing to the expected standard. Oh, yeh, and their goalie is suffering an existential crisis: everything he touches turns to shit, although he hasn't actually managed to touch much in recent games (except we should have sympathy with him, he could have been a Trotter, he is called Davies after all :wink: ). If we can't beat bloody Barnsley we are officially 'Useless'. 3-0 to us. :pissed:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

palindromeofbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palindromeofbolton » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:20 am

Morning gents.

I'm coming down for this one, meeting up with four others I've managed to drug and/or blackmail into coming along. Want to take them up to The Whites bar as part of their official tour. Can I just check there's no restriction on entry up there on a matchday, so long as you've got a home ticket?

Ta.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:02 pm

That’s right but I think it’s limited in its capacity. Still no-one attends games according to ken so sure you will be reet 😉

Must win
No throwing away leads
Clean sheet
Couple of goals

I don’t ask for much.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:11 pm

We've fecked up enough 'must win' fixtures already. The death knell tolls.

palindromeofbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palindromeofbolton » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:11 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:02 pm
That’s right but I think it’s limited in its capacity. Still no-one attends games according to ken so sure you will be reet 😉

Must win
No throwing away leads
Clean sheet
Couple of goals

I don’t ask for much.
:lol: Cheers, dibble.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:41 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:04 am

However.

Think we'll lose. Just have a feeling. I'm trying to remember if I've ever actually seen us beat Barnsley. I'm sure I have, but to me they always feel like a bogey team somehow. I agree its must win. But I think reality is we're not good enough to win enough games in this league.

I hope the team doesn't change much. I just think that we're more or less fielding our best 11. There is a question mark over whether Buckley should replace Armstrong. However, as yet, I've seen little from Buckley, but I accept he's still returning from a variety of injuries.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:52 pm

A lot depends on whether the Wolves and Reading games have knocked the stuffing out of us. If we still have some confidence we should win. Barnsley have a lot of young, unproven players at this level, but it seems an excellent manager and staff. However they are signs the wheels are coming off a bit, with three successive defeats without a goal, and they have played midweek, the second midweek in a row, and so should have some fatigue in their group. 3-1 to us. COYW.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:55 pm

A game that should see the players thinking it's a rare opportunity to win, so should be absolutely fired up. But we know full well that we go on long losing streaks and I don't see this changing
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:01 pm

We'll win. Nailed on. It's the most must win game that has been described as must win this season. Barnsley are struggling - they are shittier than we are. We're at home.
I've never knowingly eaten sweetmeats, but if we lose I'm going to hunt down the slowest member of our team and cheerfully feast on some uncooked.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:10 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:01 pm
We'll win. Nailed on. It's the most must win game that has been described as must win this season. Barnsley are struggling - they are shittier than we are. We're at home.
I've never knowingly eaten sweetmeats, but if we lose I'm going to hunt down the slowest member of our team and cheerfully feast on some uncooked.
Might that be sweetbreads Spots? :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:12 pm

I actually feel quite good about this one. I mean, we'll make heavy weather of it, of course, but I fancy us to scrape through 2-1.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:38 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:10 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:01 pm
Might that be sweetbreads Spots? :D
:oops: , er, yes.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください