There'll be Bluebirds all over the White Men at Bolton, tomorrow, just you wait and see... Cardiff (h) 23/12

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

There'll be Bluebirds all over the White Men at Bolton, tomorrow, just you wait and see... Cardiff (h) 23/12

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:48 pm

(well actually, the day after tomorrow, but you can't fxck about with lyrics).

Where's Brizzle gone, why haven't we got a match thread up yet?

So, discounting Insano, who already has us in League 2 via a quick trip to the Conference or whatever it's called these days, do any of us give us a chance on Saturday? I can't get to the game, nor the two after, but I have a feeling that that may well be good for my soul - I can return in the New Year grounded and ready to just watch some matches without all the fretting.
Happy Holidays to all in the desert, Happy Christmas to our yank contingent (including the Canadians amongst you), and Merry New Year to the rest of you.

Whisper it: come on you white men...
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: There'll be Bluebirds all over the White Men at Bolton, tomorrow, just you wait and see...

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:59 pm

They have a manager who knows this how to be successful in this league, a defence that has conceded 16 in 22, and they have won 5 of the last 6.

We have just lost to the then bottom team at home, and have a defence that could seemingly be improved if Dame Vera herself was selected in it.

So it's obvious: 1-0 to us :)

Btw I am assuming this is the match thread? Might be worth sticking a "Cardiff (h) 23/12" in the title??

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: There'll be Bluebirds all over the White Men at Bolton, tomorrow, just you wait and see...

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:30 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:59 pm
They have a manager who knows this how to be successful in this league, a defence that has conceded 16 in 22, and they have won 5 of the last 6.

We have just lost to the then bottom team at home, and have a defence that could seemingly be improved if Dame Vera herself was selected in it.

So it's obvious: 1-0 to us :)

Btw I am assuming this is the match thread? Might be worth sticking a "Cardiff (h) 23/12" in the title??
Anything you say boss, you're Title Maestro.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: There'll be Bluebirds all over the White Men at Bolton, tomorrow, just you wait and see... Cardiff (h) 23/12

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:01 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:48 pm
Happy Holidays to all in the desert,
:whack:

:lol:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: There'll be Bluebirds all over the White Men at Bolton, tomorrow, just you wait and see... Cardiff (h) 23/12

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:27 pm

Christ knows. But he's not been born yet.

Hope we win, but more importantly, I hope you all have a good Christmas and New Year, even the ones I may appear to argue with.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:24 pm

Got mixed feelings about this and I may not be able to do a Radio Tango relay. My daughter and grandson are coming up Saturday, and lovely as it is to see them, you can bet it'll be around 3-0'clock. I'll do what I can.

I am actually looking forward to a game where we certainly won't be Billy big bollox favourites and we'll get a football test that'll maybe find us out or no. Cardiff are right up the sharp end, only four points behind runaway Wolves. We didn't do it against Burton from the bargain basement (where we live) so effectively we should get panned about 8-0. These are the ones we occasionally remember how to play at and, provided we don't sit back in our half and go back to schoolboy kick-and-rush football, we might just surprise a few.( I can't think about south Wales without remembering Max Boyce, giant leeks and rugby union. ..there's one for you! Apparently, he's still going strong at nearly 75...) Anyway, enough of that,it should be a real test that we might just pass...maybe...possibly...perhaps.... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:09 am

We'll get beat 3-1

We'll make a fist of it, but ultimately, shit defending and not making most out of some good openings will be our downfall
Last edited by boltonboris on Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:21 am

We'll make a decent fist of it but as usual won't have the quality or nous to put it to bed.

2-2 draw
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:47 pm

Fully in the throes of our second losing / winless streak of the season now. 0-2

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:30 pm

Drawing, or even losing, a tight game against Cardiff wouldn't be half so bad if we hadn't chucked easier games away to soft goals...like last week. The problem seems to be at least addressed, albeit verbally, off the pitch. On it..???

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:40 pm

They are going to crap all over our windscreen, leaving a hard to shift stain that will linger well into the new year. 0-4, a proper tonking.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:27 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:40 pm
They are going to crap all over our windscreen, leaving a hard to shift stain that will linger well into the new year. 0-4, a proper tonking.

Haha. You've just reminded me of a time when I was working in the north east and was having my lunch on the car park overlooking Tyneside Priory. I decided to throw some of my sandwich out to the gulls. Bloody hell - it was like something out of Hitchcock, and left that many industrial shit streaks across my blue car that it looked like a QPR shirt.

Anyway, I think we'll hold them into the 2nd half, but once their first goes in we'll capitulate, and they'll win 3-0
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:45 pm

Team news: Little returns for Darby, Taylor comes back in for the benched Robinson, no other changes. No Alf on bench (Arma instead) but perhaps notably, Turner replaces Howard as backup GK - could that be injury or dispensability?

COYWM.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:18 pm

Afternoon all. Back on line, company been and gone and I've not missed much from the sound of it. Sounds also like we're holding our own. Free kick now against Wheats after Madine doesn't get one. A brealk and shot gets blocked by Beevers and we clear it away. Ref doesn't sound too much a White supporter. Anyway, on with it and Henry gets a free kick that the ref brings back from Sammi. Henry and.....and...Little and Wheats and...Buckley's shot is blocked twice.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:22 pm

Mic man reckons the Bluebirds might not be that solid at the back. They break and sally, we clear partly, back they come and Vela clears to Madine. Sammi loses out and they get a free kick via Little. In and....offside. Ben lines up a wallop. Ben decides to throw and it isn't a Michael Gerwin one. Buckley now, Sammi and...Vela and...they clear. Beevers again, Sammi, Little, Madien, Henry and back. Here they come and Ben bowls it.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:29 pm

Ref's late in pulling it back after a break by us. And...Henry and...cleared. Ben ends up with it. Some scores around the island and Brum and Sunderland are 1-1. Free kick us now and....Henry and....keepr puchs clear. Taylor does well and...they manage to clear. They sally at us, Mendes accelerates and...they get a corner. (our lot say it wasn't). Goal kick us. Time for us to get a foot in here and I don't care who scores it. And....they sally, cross, Wheats clears and....some back and forth before Madine goes to ground and Hoylet nets it but.......they are ruled offside (dozy liner says mic man). Still 0-0 then.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:34 pm

Scores and chat..then...(that Hoylett fella is getting too m uch mention). throw us that ends in a corner via good work from Taylor. And....in and...some to and fro and...they clear and win a throw. Some talk of a sub in the mic box. Madine now and...support eventually arrives. Some possession us then Sammi....can't keep it in. Same old song being sung about lack of support up front. Time that was sorted. Free kick them via Henry. Scores, chat.....and.....the free kick clears the lot and out for a goalkick to Ben.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:43 pm

More scores then some to and fron then Sammi broke but couldn't get the cross in well. Vela, they clear, Buckley concedes a free kick. Off side them again after the liner makes his will. Ribald comment in the mic box. Now, chat and then Vela clears, they clear back and get another free kick for assault and battery. Being classed as a poor game so far. They break and Ben catches the cross. Throw them up the net end, then...Wheats clears, Pratley gets the ball but the ref gives then a free kick. Well, it's Christmas....and...Buckley clears, Taylor sails one forth and mic lads have a chat. Free kick us now and....more chat, then...they clear, Taylor send it back, Madine does well and....they clear. Back we come via Vela nd....ohhh, Sammi can't reach it at the back post. Pratley get a Christmas card from the ref then gives a free kick to them. We scramble it clear for a throw them. And....they come, we clear....mic man talks scores in Jock land. Throw them again and....Sammi does well and wins a goal kick.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:47 pm

Some this and that, then Beevers clears for a throw to them. Chat, huff and puff then.....in, cleared, comes again and...we get the goal kick. Time for the hairdryer in the hut? Goalkick them, half time appoaches with one min added. A rather uneventful 45 mins. 0-0 as the curtain falls on Part One.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:48 pm

Same as last week.

Poor.

0 shots on target.

Ameobi, Vela and Buckley need a rocket up their arses.