There'll be Bluebirds all over the White Men at Bolton, tomorrow, just you wait and see... Cardiff (h) 23/12

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: There'll be Bluebirds all over the White Men at Bolton, tomorrow, just you wait and see... Cardiff (h) 23/12

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:59 pm

Today will be one of the very rare occasions that the "other Wanderers" will have been applauding the One and Only's. :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: There'll be Bluebirds all over the White Men at Bolton, tomorrow, just you wait and see... Cardiff (h) 23/12

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:47 am

If Colin had said that Bamba’s arm was flailing because Wheater was dragging him, he might have had a case. But he didn’t. And anyway, f*ck him. I try not to hate but let’s say I’ve strongly disliked that guy and his teams for more than a quarter of a century, and I see no reason to stop now.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:22 am

View from the West Stand Upper:

A great win!! As has already been said, the game was a dour affair, although personally I found it pretty compelling. Cardiff play in a very similar way to us, with a big striker, two pacy wide players, and three in midfield, though their "Vela" sits deeper than ours. And so the two sides pretty much cancelled each other out. They looked slightly the more threatening until we got the penalty, without having a clear chance or threatening Alnwick, but it always felt that the longer we kept them out, the more chance there was of us sneaking it late on. Once we scored, then we looked the team at the top of the division, with Ameobi, in particular outstanding.

• I disagree that Cardiff were terrible. It was easy to see imo why they win more than they lose. They have a great defence, and have pace going forwards, and are a threat at set pieces. They are hard to beat, and but for Bamba's aberration we wouldn't have scored.
  • Taylor Motm for me and I hope he stays fit now, particularly for the upcoming away games because we need to be way more solid than we have been, and he is way more solid than Robinson.
  • It was a game that suited Wheevers but they looked way better. Long may it continue.
  • Alnwick is starting to look poor. He had nothing to do in terms of saving stuff, but some of his kicking was dire. One kick went straight into the crowd, totally ridiculous. This is an area that could really hurt us. We don't have a decent keeper, unless Turner who was interestingly on the bench is ready.
  • After his Barnsley pea roller, I could barely watch Madine's penalty but he struck it well. He looked good towards the end today.
  • Buckley was poor, but Ameobi again looks a real class act, including on the left. If he can be good there we have more options with Noone being reasonable coming in on his left from the right.
  • Everyone at the bottom is starting to look not terrible now, so we would have been in real trouble had we not won this. It is vital we start to keep clean sheets away from home now, because we need some points from the likes of Middlesbrough, Sheffield United, Brentfrod, QPR, Norwich that are coming up in the next few weeks. Taylor, and the way Henry and Pratley are mixing it up a bit more is giving me hope we can be more solid away.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:19 am

Obviously pleased we won, flummoxed that it was yesterday as opposed to last weekend. Burtons result not great for us again. Hopefully we don’t lose touch over the next couple of games.