1 ppg avg would be suffolking good come Saturday Knight. BWFC v Ipswich 20/1/18 3pm

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: 1 ppg avg would be suffolking good come Saturday Knight. BWFC v Ipswich 20/1/18 3pm

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:59 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:05 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:22 pm
I don't share the doom and gloom on here...
Madine is the hope.
You're fxcking obsessed. He's not the hope. He's one player in a less than average team for the division they play in. He's OK at best. The fact most of the rest of the team are less than sufficient doesn't turn him into Jesus Christ Superstar.
Our top scorer and best attacking player isn’t the hope? We are outside the bottom three right now because of him. Only him.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: 1 ppg avg would be suffolking good come Saturday Knight. BWFC v Ipswich 20/1/18 3pm

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:59 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Madine is the hope.
You're fxcking obsessed. He's not the hope. He's one player in a less than average team for the division they play in. He's OK at best. The fact most of the rest of the team are less than sufficient doesn't turn him into Jesus Christ Superstar.
In
Our top scorer and best attacking player isn’t the hope? We are outside the bottom three right now because of him. Only him.
As I said: "Obsessed"...

"We are outside the bottom three right now because of him. Only him"!!!
Try this for a mental exercise. Imagine all the games we've played this season.
Now, imagine all those games with Madine out there on his own. And then imagine all those games with just the other ten players and no Gary.
I know what order I'd put our league position in based on those three options, and it doesn't bode well for the ridiculous assertion it's all down to him, only him.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

OrtonCakeBingoBongo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by OrtonCakeBingoBongo » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:33 pm

Well you almost had a victory but we could have stolen it ourselves right at the end, all said a point was probably fair to both teams but the two points missed could prove vital to both clubs ambitions by end of season. McCarthy would have viewed the draw as good as a win, seriously in his mind taking a point away at the weekend would have represented the same value as three points.

I wasn't there, had to make do with match reports and analysis from our main fan forums i.e. TWTD, but the general consensus was that it appeared two points dropped and given Bolton's league position, we should have perhaps taken 3 points home.

Not an assessment I necessarily agree with, as realise your team are fighting again for Championship status and were never going to lie down for us and hand us anything on a plate. Speaking from an impartial perspective I hope Bolton can find the points required to stay again in this league and then make some adjustments in the summer and aim to be back in the Premier League sometime in the near future. For ourselves it may take a while longer as we're hampered severely by an owner who won't invest in the club and a manager who favours safety first procedures and can't make distinctions between the value of draws and victories. Going to be a tough last few months ahead unfortunately.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:36 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:51 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:59 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Madine is the hope.
In
As I said: "Obsessed"...

"We are outside the bottom three right now because of him. Only him"!!!
Try this for a mental exercise. Imagine all the games we've played this season.
Now, imagine all those games with Madine out there on his own. And then imagine all those games with just the other ten players and no Gary.
I know what order I'd put our league position in based on those three options, and it doesn't bode well for the ridiculous assertion it's all down to him, only him.
Take out Madine's goals. Then work out where we'd be in the table.

Then (for fairness) look at how many goals other players have to their name. You cannot when doing that suggest that Madine's form isn't the major reason we are just about keeping our heads above water. Lets say a few had 6/7 goals each, you might argue that we'd still be ok without GM. But given the paucity of attacking threat elsewhere I think its entirely reasonable (and I've seen no sensible argument to refute this) that without GM we'd be sunk, entirely.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:02 pm

OrtonCakeBingoBongo wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:33 pm
Well you almost had a victory but we could have stolen it ourselves right at the end, all said a point was probably fair to both teams but the two points missed could prove vital to both clubs ambitions by end of season. McCarthy would have viewed the draw as good as a win, seriously in his mind taking a point away at the weekend would have represented the same value as three points.

I wasn't there, had to make do with match reports and analysis from our main fan forums i.e. TWTD, but the general consensus was that it appeared two points dropped and given Bolton's league position, we should have perhaps taken 3 points home.

Not an assessment I necessarily agree with, as realise your team are fighting again for Championship status and were never going to lie down for us and hand us anything on a plate. Speaking from an impartial perspective I hope Bolton can find the points required to stay again in this league and then make some adjustments in the summer and aim to be back in the Premier League sometime in the near future. For ourselves it may take a while longer as we're hampered severely by an owner who won't invest in the club and a manager who favours safety first procedures and can't make distinctions between the value of draws and victories. Going to be a tough last few months ahead unfortunately.
I was at the game, and slightly disagree with the view from your forum. I felt the two teams more or less cancelled each other out until we scored, but at the same time felt we were always slightly the more likely to get that first goal. After we scored you had the better of the game and we couldn't have complained if you had won in the end.

You were an interesting team. I thought poor in midfield, but those front four once they get some possession are dangerous. Therefore as a team you could go either way. If Celina goes back to City and you lose another one of those front four, you would struggle to get results. If you can add more quality in midfield and keep it tight at the back, and keep the front four, you could challenge at the top end of the league. Generally it is easier and cheaper to find defenders and midfielders than strikers, so I would be cautiously optimistic. Personally, and from the outside, I can see a lot of downside in changing the owner or the manager, unless you find a very wealthy benefactor. Having said that, It is very rare for a side to be mid table Championship for so long, I can see how that gets stale and fans start to lose interest. Maybe the risk of relegation is worth it? There might be positives of a season of being the big boys in L1 and winning lots of games and returning with renewed momentum?