Bottom feeders: wounded Wanderers v sinking Sunderland 20/2/18 8pm

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Bottom feeders: wounded Wanderers v sinking Sunderland 20/2/18 8pm

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:55 pm

OH YOU FECKIN BEAUTY

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:55 pm

Where the feck has 10 minutes of injury time come from?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:56 pm

"It's goals that count",,,sayeth Nick Smith......Ben man of the match again...surely... :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:56 pm
"It's goals that count",,,sayeth Nick Smith......Ben man of the match again...surely... :oyea: :oyea:
I'm going to say Karacan.

Non stop running and was a complete tw@t to them for 90 minutes.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:00 pm

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 21.57.09.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 21.57.09.png (33.54 KiB) Viewed 14110 times
I mean, barring possibly Barnsley equalising against Burton, we could not have asked for a better set of results

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:00 pm

Humongous win, regardless of what people thought of team selection - it worked.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:03 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:00 pm
Humongous win, regardless of what people thought of team selection - it worked.
The subs were bang on too.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:09 pm

Just bought two tickets for me and The Legendary Flanners to go to Norwich... I mean, I probably would've done it anyway but it's nice to do it with a light heart...

This was one of those fine-margins jobs - had Sunderland scored with any of their chances it would have not only been a kick in the cock, it would have been derided as a doomed defence-first mindset... now, for now, we're all giddy as kippers, and by gum that table looks healthy... we're as close to 16th as to the dots...

Next up, how to crack that away conundrum... but f*ck it, for now, enjoy the happy...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:10 pm

When you're a goal in front, the mental temptation must always be to just hold on. It's understandable in a way, particularly when it works and attacking might open you up, but sheesh, my guts were playing trampolines . The relief is amazing, but the tension is unbelievable. It was almost a repeat of City/Wigan las night except I didn't care about that one. What happens next will surely be paracetamol and Andrews cocktails on Saturday. One step at a time though. Pratley will probably be back and did Sammi and Zac have as bad games as micman stated? Wilbraham wasn't any sort of answer then?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:14 pm

Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:45 pm

Any comments from the match-goers about the officials? Commentary claims thatey were diabolical?

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:49 pm

There is definitely a white arm in the air for our goal. Not bothered though. Feck em.

Fantastic win. I couldn't go today but sounded a stinker. According to the commentators, hard work and determination the key.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:00 pm

That was one tense atmosphere tonight. Usual Parky tactics, go 1 up and then sit back. Fortunately Sunderland were crap, as were the officials, so we got away with it. But how on earth LeFondre missed a header in front of an open goal and nobody within 10 yards of him I will never know. And I'm giving Karacen MOM, he was superb and ran his socks off until he was subbed. My heart ain't gonna take much more of these games!!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:05 pm

I should be buzzing but it's more a feeling of relief. We were awful. Truly awful. They'll be amazed they didn't get anything from that.

I've been used to, & quite enjoyed the, backs to the wall performances this season but I didn't expect us to get over run by Sunderland on this seasons form. We just couldn't hang onto possession.

That said, the players are busting a gut to get something out of the games and we can be crap all season for all I care as long as we're still picking points up.

Motm - Ben Alnwick by a country mile
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:11 pm

Well, whatever league you found those two sides in tonight, they'd both be at the bottom of it. Truly awful, but who cares? A magnificent 3 points.
Toss up between Alnwick and Karanca-doobry tonight for motm, for me.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:14 pm

Awful officials, awful performance. Hoofing it to Clough/ALF who can't even challenge for the ball. Taylor and morais don't have the energy to play this system. Morais was basically limited to walking in extra time. Poor midfield same as whole season. Nothing upfront, Clough was dreadful. Felt a bit like the run we had when we kept conceding late goals. Lucky that Sunderland are utter utter shit. Seven points in four games is great but we need to seriously improve.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:15 am

Who was expecting a "performance" in that game?

Who the fecking feck was hoping Barnsley best Burton (unless you had £3k riding on it).

Our home form since October must be top 6 level considering we've never won away and had 2 pts from 11 games.

That is huge. Have to finish above Barnsley and Burton and I'll be astonished if Sunderland come back from that. Huge huge win, however it came.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:07 am

View from the West Stand Upper:

Jubilation! Awesome result!

However, the fixture computer has been kind to us, because Sunderland are the only team we were capable of beating tonight. We were absolutely awful. Just like the previous two games the game was played almost exclusively in our half. We defended really well, we showed great spirit, but if we play like this for the rest of the season we will collect very few points and will be relegated. Having said that, I can give us the benefit of the doubt, as Wilbraham, Karacan and Clough have barely played at all this season, never mind with each other, and Morais and Taylor are hardly ever presents. I guess we can forgive some lack of understanding, and passes going astray on that basis alone. Also we are operating on tanks that are more empty than our opponents due to our re-arranged with Cardiff falling in this busy stretch of games. Still we must improve.

Sunderland must be crushed. If they can't score and win this game, it is hard to see them winning any other game this season. And despite being gifted almost all the possession they had no cutting edge and didn't really look like scoring. They are going down.

We have just got to find a way to fall over the line. It isn't going to be pretty. COYW.