Will a chilla on the Hilla versus Villa be a thrilla...? Home V Aston Villa, Sat 17th Mar. 5-30.

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Will a chilla on the Hilla versus Villa be a thrilla...? Home V Aston Villa, Sat 17th Mar. 5-30.

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:26 pm

fecking rugby wank nonsense.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Will a chilla on the Hilla versus Villa be a thrilla...? Home V Aston Villa, Sat 17th Mar. 5-30.

Post by jmjhb » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 pm

That was a turn up for the books!

Feck me, Villa were shite.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:26 pm

Done
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:27 pm

What a result.

Alf superb.
Ben Alnwick save at the end = 3 points. Made up for the wandering.
I've given him stick for the past 2 games but Flanagan has put a shift in today. Great defending.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:28 pm

Am away, managed to get it on a stream. Absolutely bloody awesome!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:30 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:02 pm
So, the consensus is that we aren't going to win? Gee, I fancy a sneaky bit of apple-cart upsetting and a most unexpected three points. Might not get a chance to operate the Radio Tango satellite due to the odd time, don't know yet. ( Is a stream a possibility?)
Well, ain't that just the sweetest cart of apples you ever did see? :oyea: :oyea: :pray:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:32 pm

My first game of the season without Radio Tango and I sure don't have Sky. Followed on the Beeb which is a bit painful and 75 minutes a long time to hang on to a slender lead. Great result though.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:33 pm

Get in. We were the (gulp) better team. Heart in mouth twice at end, Flanners(2) & Ben - wow. Awesome!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:44 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:32 pm
My first game of the season without Radio Tango and I sure don't have Sky. Followed on the Beeb which is a bit painful and 75 minutes a long time to hang on to a slender lead. Great result though.
I'll be back next game Monty. Odd kick off time, on T.V and rugby screwed things up a bit. Hey, ho, we won, got three points from a game we were expected to lose and did ourselves a fair bit of good. :oyea:

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:01 pm

From what I could see from the lagging stream and through the snow:

ALF was tremendous up front. Made a nuisance of himself and got us something from some of our aimless balls up field.

Buckley worked hard and looked decent. I hope he can get a run of games till the end of the season coz he can be decent at this level.

Henry solid as ever. Derik had one of his better games, won a lot of second balls.

The back five were excellent, didn't make a mistake all game in testing conditions. Great goal line save by Flanagan, great save by Alnwick at the end.

Villa were poor, I think we caught them at a good time. I think we probably only need 5-6 more points. Can't see Barnsley and Birmingham both going on a great run and I think Reading have made a mistake not sacking Stam. We are close! COYW.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:28 pm

Pretty much spot on that assessment ^.

Back 5 were tremendous. Big shout out to Reece Burke who was the best of a great bunch. On that showing, easy to see why Flanagan has been preferred to Little.

Buckley and Derik both had, for me, their best games in a Bolton shirt. Ameobi was a constant thorn in their side and a great outlet.

The 'waste of a shirt' Alf was magnificent. An absolute nuisance who John Terry will be relieved to see the back of.

Motm though -Parky. Superb management to get performances and points out of games like that. 2 happy Wanderers in our house tonight :oyea:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:54 pm

3 points right here.
3points.png
3points.png (995.78 KiB) Viewed 8997 times

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:17 pm

Great performance, hero's the lot. Don't they keep us on the edge till the final whistle?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:19 pm

Athertonian wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:17 pm
Great performance, hero's the lot. Don't they keep us on the edge till the final whistle?
Second half seemed to last forever and I was delighted when the ref only added three minutes after Villa's players flinging them selves about like shot rabbits. The Scandanavian guy with the Auntie Maggie hairstyle was really getting on my wick. So pleased to see Alfie keeping Terry on the run and, although we didn't play much attacking passing football, the effort and attitude of our lads was heartening. Pratley didn't seem too injured when walking off, but Vela got stuck in well. Lovely to see us pushing them up the pitch and a lot of their attacks went nowhere except backwards. Despite my optimism, I really expected them to be far better than they were. Alf's goal looked simple, but it was his quick reaction that made it look so. A lot of strikers get ready to shoot, he just knocked it in, although credit to Pratley for the flick that set it up. That was a really precious win and could well be our turning point to safety now. Well done the lads. :pray:

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:05 am

Bolton can pass! When did this happen?

Villa didn't seem like a top 6 side but they weren't poor. Without those saves from Alnwick and that goal-line clearance from Flannigan that would be a draw or a loss.

Never been so happy to be watching a game indoors.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:17 am

:oyea: I was so proud of my team yesterday..and that's what it was, at TEAM. They worked their socks off, and for each other as well. That is the best I have seen them play last night, and the cold, the snow flying everywhere, the vision getting poorer as the game went on, it was so worth it, seeing the players at the end hugging each other, and the fans giving them an ovation. PROUD!!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:01 pm

Just read Mark Ille's player ratings. Lowest one he gave was a 7, and that was for the ref. :lol:

Great to see the rest of the lads were marked as they deserve, but I agree with Twilight, it was a total team performance. Taking what we were up against and won I'll give the team a 10. Magic.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:15 pm

Take note BWFC-insane, when you rely on one player, doomsday scenarios are rampant; when a team is forged, magic can occur.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:27 pm

The desire and organisation show against Villa was top drawer. Two more performances like that and we can start planning for next season's Championship campaign.