Will a chilla on the Hilla versus Villa be a thrilla...? Home V Aston Villa, Sat 17th Mar. 5-30.

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Will a chilla on the Hilla versus Villa be a thrilla...? Home V Aston Villa, Sat 17th Mar. 5-30.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:08 pm

Come up with a title I'll happily change it.... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Will a chilla on the Hilla versus Villa be a thrilla...? Home V Aston Villa, Sat 17th Mar. 5-30.

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:17 pm

This is the end of the end of the beginning of the end of the run in.
We'll probably get stuffed, although everybody will point out all the other stuffees below and around us. But that will mean that next week when we commence the beginning of the middle of the end of the run in we'll still not be clear of worry and stress. Why do we do this to ourselves? Why???
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Will a chilla on the Hilla versus Villa be a thrilla...? Home V Aston Villa, Sat 17th Mar. 5-30.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:26 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:08 pm
Mr Potato Head's St Patrick's Day Famine.

Get that up :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:05 pm

Parky and the lads have worked wonders and served up a few surprises this season but I just can't see it tomorrow. I fear they have too much quality and mobility for us. Our best hope will be to keep them out as long as possible and fight like demons hoping for a generous penalty or free kick in a dangerous position.

0-3 :(
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:08 pm

Aye, genuinely expecting nowt tomorrow and regarding it as a free hit: if we get anything, fine.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:23 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:08 pm
OK, how about the title: "Feck it, stay home and come back next week when it should count..."
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:02 pm

So, the consensus is that we aren't going to win? Gee, I fancy a sneaky bit of apple-cart upsetting and a most unexpected three points. Might not get a chance to operate the Radio Tango satellite due to the odd time, don't know yet. ( Is a stream a possibility?)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:43 pm

It's on sky I think so hopefully
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:24 pm

Oddly optimistic about this one but team selection key (to my mood at least). Sammi vs that chelski bloke's got pen all over it. Really like to see Clough but expect (and am happy) with Alf to start. Hope new guy plays too (soz name gone atm - the one w. wet paper for cartilage) some heavy skills req as well as grit. They've wobbled this week so could go either way. Just hope we're fast out of the blocks, sit back and we'll get pasted. Jim McD's Fantasy Football states - we score 1st, they equalise just before HT for a downer. Even's up to 60m then Clough'n'Vela appear to snatch an unlikely but well-deserved 3 points. One can but dream (+ some 'Magic Thinking')...

Come on u mighty whites!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:31 pm

Didn't know till Prufrock mentioned it yesterday that the game was on Sky (which I don't have) but especially with the weather as it is, that fact may well affect attendances in a big way. If the wee beastie does actually arrive, more-so. It's bitterly cold down below the hill ( the TV mast can be seen from across the road from me) so up there it'll definitely be a thermal underwear job. Just hope we can scrape at least a point. COME ON YOU WHITES.... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:37 pm

Barnsley lost, good, but Birmingham winning, bad.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:56 pm

It's possibly a slightly racist notion but I almost wish we were playing Wolves today instead of Villa. I'm not sure their Johnny Foreigners would be up for a physical battle at ice station macron.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:16 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:37 pm
Barnsley lost, good, but Birmingham winning, bad.
Hull haven't had a shot on goal yet either and are 2 down.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:20 pm

Reading getting beat but have pulled 2 back - 3-2. Hmm

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:20 pm

Hull 3 down now.

Burton and Sunderland both losing and with both needing 3 more wins than us in 8 games to pass us, I think we can discount them.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:32 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:20 pm
Hull 3 down now.

Burton and Sunderland both losing and with both needing 3 more wins than us in 8 games to pass us, I think we can discount them.
Burton need 2 wins and a draw. I wouldn't write anybody off with 24 points to play for. Considering we have won 1 game in 5

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:44 pm

Sunderland have consistently pulled off the Houdini act for years, I'm not discounting anyone yet. When your down at the bottom it's about the only drama you get, and football is certainly a form of theatre. We had it for a few seasons in the Prem, and I for one bloody loved it!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:10 pm

Looks like

Alnwick
Flanagan-Burke-Beevers-Taylor
Derik-Henry
Ameobi-Pratley-Buckley
Le Fondre

Subs:
Howard, Vela, Noone, Robinson, Wilbraham, Wheater, Clough.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:23 pm

Not bad set of results today. I'm alright with Hull still being catchable, summat to aim for anyhow. Difficult to see where the guile is in the middle of that team. Ho hum, we'll see eh. Now we're approaching KO, I'd like a point please (and to not spend the next 90 looking at the screen through my fingers. C'mon the lads!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:25 pm

Looks like the Hoff might as well be a permanent in-patient until his invalid pension comes through...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください