Will we be beating the Blues, or singing the blues? BWFC v Birmingham 3/4/18 8pm

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Will we be beating the Blues, or singing the blues? BWFC v Birmingham 3/4/18 8pm

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:04 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:59 pm
Athertonian wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:38 pm
Spineless shower of wankers. Only Le Fondre and Vela showed interest, the rest did not know how important that game was. Parky needs to sort that lot out quicker than later else were going down. We can't create chances let alone score bloody goals.

If that shower of shite can't bother turning up then I'm not bothered neither. I stopped going away because it was utter garbage and so glad I did. That tonight has probably made many more Wanderers feel the same.
BWFC-I claims he, Parkinson, has them "Running Through Walls".
Walls of Polystyrene...
They are trying. It isn't a lack of effort. Its a lack of ability and goals. Funny that when you've sold your top goalscorer....and not invested in the team for over 3 years.

Birmingham, have a side that are struggling but that have talent and cost a lot of money. A number of their players would walk into our first 11. How many of ours would they have? I'm guessing perhaps Alnwick. Maybe Flanagan. After that?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Will we be beating the Blues, or singing the blues? BWFC v Birmingham 3/4/18 8pm

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:53 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:41 pm
Adam Armstrong, written off by some on here as a waste of space, shows he actually does have ability when (a) he's played in his natural position and (b) his team mates play to his strengths rather than launching the ball 10 feet above hud head
...and (c) he plays for a team going for the Third Division title, with a greater amount of possession and a greater number of chances, against much poorer teams. I've nothing against your argument or for that matter Armstrong himself, but he's literally in a different league (well, literally in a different division, but I don't often say literally so I thought I'd give it a go). :D

Meanwhile, until a Derby thread appears: Iles says "Wanderers will be without Jan Kirchhoff at Derby" while Pratley and Henry are both "likely to miss the weekend’s trip". So pick a midfield from that, Brains Trust... :?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:13 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:41 pm
I'm not chucking the towel in yet but I do wonder what it must be like watching a side that creates say, even just 3 or 4 chances a game.

Adam Armstrong, written off by some on here as a waste of space, shows he actually does have ability when (a) he's played in his natural position and (b) his team mates play to his strengths rather than launching the ball 10 feet above hud head. Alf must be yearning for that kind of service
Birmingham created one real chance all night.

As did we, but Buckley made a total mess of it.

Games at this level aren't generally full of chances. Since Madine left, in particular we've played fine margins. We've not scored more than a goal a game at best. Our lack of goals and lack of a way to repeatedly build pressure and create chances are major problems. Birmingham sat back and we didn't have the quality to break them down, we tried but didn't have it.

The fact we can't lump the ball into the box is a huge problem. For me we need something radical at times like throwing the centre halves up there.

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:44 pm

Beevers did get thrown up there for the last 5/10 minutes after the long lanky useless streak of p*ss had spent 10 minutes or so lumping aimless balls up to Alfie. The long lanky uesless streak of p*ss failed to win a single header despite being 6ft 6 or so (6ft 5 when he jumps). By the way, did I mention he's a long lanky useless streak of p*ss that should have been given away as a free gift with Madine.

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:44 pm

Beevers did get thrown up there for the last 5/10 minutes after the long lanky useless streak of p*ss had spent 10 minutes or so lumping aimless balls up to Alfie. The long lanky uesless streak of p*ss failed to win a single header despite being 6ft 6 or so (6ft 5 when he jumps). By the way, did I mention he's a long lanky useless streak of p*ss that should have been given away as a free gift with Madine.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:41 pm

Mar wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:55 pm
We weren't good enough. Birmingham were better tactically and wanted it more.

There wasn't much difference between the quality of the sides and we clearly should've had at least a couple of penalties (I count at least four instances).

I'd like to say it was down to the fact we had missing players disrupting the side but I don't think that is the case. We seemed lethargic and resorted to one dimensional football. Three at the back would've worked much better today. Using Taylor at LB offers very little when we need to attack which left Buckley isolated and with only one option, cut inside and cross with right foot. I don't really remember a time when we tested their right back.

It's far too easy to defend against us when we have one player up front with no support. It's even easier if we don't provide space for that support. I would suggest Robinson next time out.

So we change for the Derby match and get a scenario where Robinson and Little are playing allowing for overlapping runs and go from conceding 1-0 to conceding 3 away. Is this justification for his team tactics on Tuesday night? I personally think it should be a case of try one thing and if that's not working mix it up.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:44 pm

I like that he's happy to mix things up, but if we're looking at these two games together it was always likely that we'd need to be more attacking on Tuesday than today.

Oh well.