Will we be beating the Blues, or singing the blues? BWFC v Birmingham 3/4/18 8pm

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Will we be beating the Blues, or singing the blues? BWFC v Birmingham 3/4/18 8pm

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:49 pm

This game matters Whites. Get in there and....Sammi and.....in and....Noone and a corner.....Five mins.....Zac goes and can't capitalise. Come on Whites.....COME ON......GET IN THERE AND SCORE......GET IN AND....the ref gives them another free kick. Brum now with the fans singing (theirs)....Vela....can't get the ball. What a sickener for them if we score now...and then again. Ben wallops long...they clear and...Beevers....Juke....Flanners....and they clear. Stockdale wallops now and....Zac goes and.....Vela and Zac and....Flanners and...Noone and.....Stockdale steps up. Last min plus stoppage.....Taylor...Beevers...launches and straight out for a goal kick. And....added time is?.....? Harding sallies and shoots wide. Five mins added.....come on....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Will we be beating the Blues, or singing the blues? BWFC v Birmingham 3/4/18 8pm

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:49 pm

Five minutes added. COYWM

Gravdigger
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Gravdigger » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:52 pm

Be interesting to read Parky's summation of the match. Particularly where they went down to 10 and there was no increase in our possession, shots on target beyond the original 5 shots, none on target. If we can't beat or draw agaist a 10 man Brum then we deserve to drop down again.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:53 pm

Gravdigger wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:52 pm
Be interesting to read Parky's summation of the match. Particularly where they went down to 10 and there was no increase in our possession, shots on target beyond the original 5 shots, none on target. If we can't beat or draw agaist a 10 man Brum then we deserve to drop down again.
Have a word.

They went down to 10 and got all 10 behind the ball.

3 penalties turned down.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:54 pm

Poor throw. long again and.....we press and....Burke and....poor from Flannagan as Roberts replaces Juke. What a kick in the teeth. I'll still say COME ON....we're not dead yet.....Burke and...Beevers and....Taylor and.....again and Vela and....Flannagan....Sammi and...Vela slipos as they clear. Ben wallops and.....ohhhh, Noone shoots and is deflected for a last corner and...Ben arrives to no effect. Not a game that's done us any favours as they get a throw.. And.....Tinkabell gives us a throw...they head cleae and....Ben steps in and wallops. They clear, Burke tries, they clear and.....and.....it's all ove rand mic man sounds like we've won not lost..... :( 0-1....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:55 pm

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 21.54.31.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 21.54.31.png (10.3 KiB) Viewed 10337 times

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:55 pm

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 21.55.21.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 21.55.21.png (25.19 KiB) Viewed 10336 times

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:56 pm

Balls

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:56 pm

Oh and Pratley is missed whether you like it or not.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:59 pm

Losing at home to ten men sort of puts things in perspective to where we really are as a team. We've lost no ground, but neither gained and Brum did just that. I'm looking forward to the comments on the officials and wouldn't like to be in their shoes till I was well away from the Mac.

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:38 pm

Spineless shower of wankers. Only Le Fondre and Vela showed interest, the rest did not know how important that game was. Parky needs to sort that lot out quicker than later else were going down. We can't create chances let alone score bloody goals.

If that shower of shite can't bother turning up then I'm not bothered neither. I stopped going away because it was utter garbage and so glad I did. That tonight has probably made many more Wanderers feel the same.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:51 pm

What a horrible, horrible game that was. Parkinson really should blame himself though as his tactics were poor. Nobody was within 30 yards of ALF, and we are lumping balls to him. Play ball to FEET, we might get somewhere!!! Theres going to be a lot of complaints about the ref and rightly so, we should have had at least 1 penalty, but in all honesty we didnt deserve anything from the game. Birmingham were nothing special, but they didn't have to be. Not one shot on target and against 10 men for the last 25 minutes says it all, I can't remember 1 of our players who stood out, they were all poor, but Parkinson as a manager was the poorest of all and on that display we are getting relegated

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:51 pm

I thought we were dreadful. It was like playing volleyball. No one wanted to settle the ball and play it on the ground to one of their teammates unless it was back to Alnwick. Nobody played well in my opinion.

Its still in our hands, but we will have to stop playing like nervous wrecks to earn the right to stay in the Division.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:53 pm

Athertonian wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:38 pm
Spineless shower of wankers. Only Le Fondre and Vela showed interest, the rest did not know how important that game was. Parky needs to sort that lot out quicker than later else were going down. We can't create chances let alone score bloody goals.

If that shower of shite can't bother turning up then I'm not bothered neither. I stopped going away because it was utter garbage and so glad I did. That tonight has probably made many more Wanderers feel the same.
Yes poor that tonight chaps, in fact very poor IMO....tactically inept throughout with not a single shot on target even against 10 men is quite telling in regards to our style of non-football - ALF will have a very sore neck in the morning.

Well done Parky good tactics tonight....perhaps you could try passing the ball on the ground in training every now & then. Yes we could have had a penalty, but we could still be playing now (even against 10 men) & we still probably wouldn't score....we create absolutely nothing.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:04 pm

twilight wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:51 pm
What a horrible, horrible game that was. Parkinson really should blame himself though as his tactics were poor. Nobody was within 30 yards of ALF, and we are lumping balls to him. Play ball to FEET, we might get somewhere!!! Theres going to be a lot of complaints about the ref and rightly so, we should have had at least 1 penalty, but in all honesty we didnt deserve anything from the game. Birmingham were nothing special, but they didn't have to be. Not one shot on target and against 10 men for the last 25 minutes says it all, I can't remember 1 of our players who stood out, they were all poor, but Parkinson as a manager was the poorest of all and on that display we are getting relegated
Sums it up perfectly, Twilight. They were all very, very poor but Buckley and Ameobi did absolutely nothing all game and hardly touched the ball. Offered zero and won not one header or tackle yet we persisted with lumping it up to Sammy at every single chance.

Parkinson is to blame. We played for a 0-0, which would have done me but as soon as they scored we had no idea or creativity.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:35 pm

Don't understand the players he is picking. Little and Robinson need to play to help the attack, Vela has been shit since before January, need to play Morais move Ameobi inside to win some headers. Buckly crap all season, not worth giving Clough a go? Then why sign him? Birmingham are an awful hoof ball team, Wheater should have been on. Needed some height up front. They were there for the taking, I rate parky but he fecked that up.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:36 pm

Just got back home. We were beyond awful tonight and deserved nothing from that game. How on earth did a 4 man Birmingham midfield consistently swamp our 5?? They wanted it more, had done their homework and made us try to break through 2 flat lines of 4. We haven't been able to do that all season. First half, I lost count on the number of passes that went sideways around our back 4 as there was just no movement up front. To say we were pedestrian is an over statement.

They had one good chance, we left Deryck marking 3 men and they scored from a poorly conceded free kick. We are now left needing something from Barnsley and Burton away because we are about to be hammered by Derby and Millwall on that showing, which could leave us level on points or just 2 in front with 3 to play.

Buckley, Vela and Ameobi were poor for me tonight (Taylor looked 3 stones over weight and was sucking air through his ar5e after 35 minutes) and after all PP's talk about earning the right to start, I can't for the life of me think why those three did, given that none of them have put a decent performance in for weeks.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:55 pm

We weren't good enough. Birmingham were better tactically and wanted it more.

There wasn't much difference between the quality of the sides and we clearly should've had at least a couple of penalties (I count at least four instances).

I'd like to say it was down to the fact we had missing players disrupting the side but I don't think that is the case. We seemed lethargic and resorted to one dimensional football. Three at the back would've worked much better today. Using Taylor at LB offers very little when we need to attack which left Buckley isolated and with only one option, cut inside and cross with right foot. I don't really remember a time when we tested their right back.

It's far too easy to defend against us when we have one player up front with no support. It's even easier if we don't provide space for that support. I would suggest Robinson next time out.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:31 am

That was shocking, from both the manager and the players. Parkinson's only way of playing is seemingly to organise some form of defence and then hope the lads do enough to knick one at the other end. There's zero plan going forward, or if there is one then it's bloody moronic.

The players have to have a word with themselves, but every bit of criticism Parky gets after that display is deserved. Fair play, we are above the bottom 3...but you can't play like that, at home against a relegation rival. This time he didn't even manage to get any fight and desire out of a group of players in a relegation 6 pointer. You can excuse that way of playing away, but not at home. I'm still angry even having slept on it.

Birmingham were crap, but they were crap with a plan to actually win a football match.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:33 am

Is that as bad as is gets? I hope so, for it really can not get much worse. Absolutely pitiful beyond description. Never mind the hand-ball shouts, i've seen them given/not given, the overall was pathetic, limp, lifeless, soul destroying.

It's often said you need a bit of luck to win a football match, and it often turns out true. However, I really think we currently rely on that bit of luck. And that's just hilarious. And if you don't laugh, you'll cry.

WE GO AGAIN.

You fecking muppets.