Can we ram home the point(s), only time wool tell ewe! (A) at Derby, Sat 7th April

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: Can we ram home the point(s), only time wool tell ewe! (A) at Derby, Sat 7th April

Post by DJBlu » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:40 pm

Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:38 pm
On an optimistic note, 2 shots on target!
Make that 3.

That's the funniest bit of football I have seen in ages. We are truly deadful.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Re: Can we ram home the point(s), only time wool tell ewe! (A) at Derby, Sat 7th April

Post by Mar » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:42 pm

Consolation goal would be nice.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:42 pm

Both Burton and Reading have scored from their only efforts on target so far

Hull have scored with all four of their on-target attempts

#finemargins

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:46 pm

Throw us, we cross and...Alf gets sandwiched to no avail. Vela, Little wins a free kick and....more scores, then..Noone takes the kick and...in and....forty seven attempts get scuffled clear. Carson....beevers, Alf, Jem....Noone goes down. Sammi overhits a cross and mic man wonders what if. .....Five mins to endure, then Little feeds Ben, he wallops into la-la land and the homers sally forth. Mic man chats about all but the game, and then....Vela, Sammi....and a throw to them. Rams make a substitute and Lawrence leaves to applause from the homers. I think I may as well switch off now. Sick as the proverbial....Four minutes and they get a corner. We are having a pasting...Derik and Noone clear. They throw and break and win another corner. Think I'll slink off and sulk.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:47 pm

L Birmingham (The Juke 87') 1-1 Burton

so Blues go back above us

FT Barnsley 3-2 Sheff U
L Birmingham 1-1 Burton
L Derby 3-0 Bolton
L Hull 4-0 QPR
L Leeds 1-1 Sunderland
L Reading 1-0 Preston

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:49 pm

Birmingham get the equaliser.

Jammy cnuts.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:50 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:49 pm

Jammy cnuts.
The timing might feel jammy but they've had 24 shots to Burton's 5. The Brewers have only had one on target.

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:53 pm

We'll just have to beat Real Madrid on Tuesday and Barcelona on Saturday, that could secure our place in this league for another season.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:55 pm

Possible the worst day of football all season, both performance and results. PP you better go rub that luck tree again because you're management and tactics aren't going to keep us up.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:56 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:50 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:49 pm

Jammy cnuts.
The timing might feel jammy but they've had 24 shots to Burton's 5. The Brewers have only had one on target.
I don't think we've had 24 shots since Xmas !

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:57 pm

FT Barnsley 3-2 Sheff U
FT Birmingham 1-1 Burton
FT Derby 3-0 Bolton
FT Hull 4-0 QPR
FT Leeds 1-1 Sunderland
FT Reading 1-0 Preston
Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 16.57.34.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 16.57.34.png (22.07 KiB) Viewed 9174 times
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:57 pm

I'm not too down as I expected to lose about 3-0. Then again, the fact I expected to lose 3-0 says it all really. We are dreadful and if we do go down it'll be impossible to claim we didn't deserve it.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:25 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:59 pm
I'm more down about the other results than this one. Fully expected us to lose this one. Barnsley can capitalise on their game in hand.
I'm more down about the way we played it. Not a single shot, never mind on target did I see in the first half, and only Robinson did one little run down the left hand side.
Second half was only just a little better, three shots, one of which rattled the post and two weak headers. But at least Ameobi pepped it up a little, and Little showed some effort.
But overall piss poor and we got away with just a three niller. If Derby could have been arsed the might easily have given us a total drubbing.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:40 pm

Even when we win we're usually poor. The only difference in performance comes if we work hard and are poor or don't really try and are poor. The rest of the result is driven entirely by whether the opposition team shows up.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:55 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:40 pm
Even when we win we're usually poor. The only difference in performance comes if we work hard and are poor or don't really try and are poor. The rest of the result is driven entirely by whether the opposition team shows up.
I'd say most of that is fair (depending how one defines "poor") but I think the last sentence is a little harsh. All football games are about the interaction of two teams, and frequently decided by whether one can impose its will on the other. I think it'd be a little unfair to say that we've only beaten Cardiff, Villa, Sheffield United, Bristol City, Norwich, Sheffield Wednesday, Hull, Barnsley and Sunderland because they didn't "show up". Several of them had a go but we didn't let them do what they wanted.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:05 pm

PP, post-match presser, per Iles/BN:
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... rers_dear/
I was disappointed with the goals we conceded, especially the first one. We came to Derby who had lost against Sunderland and knew there was an edginess about the ground. We could have used that but we gifted them the first goal.

It should have been dealt with comfortably. And when you’re at a place like Derby you have to make sure the fundamentals are in place to stay in the game. We didn’t and we were punished.

The game went away from us – it doesn’t matter what system, what style of play, it is about making sure the fundamentals are in place to make sure you win a game of football. In the last two weeks, the last three games, we have gone away from it. We have to rediscover it.

Are we suddenly going to become free-scoring? No, probably not. But we have to get that resilience back, starting with Tuesday night against Millwall.

The lads are up for the battle and they understand the situation we’re in but in the last two games in particular we have conceded uncharacteristic goals. I have to make sure that doesn’t happen Tuesday.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:24 pm

Trouble is, we had a real incentive to be safe and clear and have given it away. Others are able to raise their game and fight, we shape like a pub team in the Euros. Don't play Clough and lose 3-0, so why not play him?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:32 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:05 pm
PP, post-match presser, per Iles/BN:
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... rers_dear/
I was disappointed with the goals we conceded, especially the first one. We came to Derby who had lost against Sunderland and knew there was an edginess about the ground. We could have used that but we gifted them the first goal.

It should have been dealt with comfortably. And when you’re at a place like Derby you have to make sure the fundamentals are in place to stay in the game. We didn’t and we were punished.

The game went away from us – it doesn’t matter what system, what style of play, it is about making sure the fundamentals are in place to make sure you win a game of football. In the last two weeks, the last three games, we have gone away from it. We have to rediscover it.

Are we suddenly going to become free-scoring? No, probably not. But we have to get that resilience back, starting with Tuesday night against Millwall.

The lads are up for the battle and they understand the situation we’re in but in the last two games in particular we have conceded uncharacteristic goals. I have to make sure that doesn’t happen Tuesday.
Not under Mr nil Parkinson are we ! and as manager do you ever take any blame for the above....thought not, are the lads really up for the battle as it doesn't appear so, the team are almost beaten before they go out on the pitch due to Parkinson's negative tactics & mindset.....what's wrong with having a go, pressing, get in the face of the opposition instead of rolling over waiting for your belly to be tickled football.

Just go Parkinson, you are the most boring, monotone, negative, ultra defensive, most tactically clueless manager around.....whether we somehow manage to stay up or we go down we simply can't afford another anti football season under Parkinson....more importantly the fans don't deserve another season of Parkinson's non-football

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:06 pm

With all that's happened, if we stay up I'd say Parky's done a job. Just about everything has been against him (the club), no money, court hearings, the Inland Rev chasing our asses, the board as upside down as a shaken up box of Monopoly, and injuries a plenty. He does need a bit of a tonic somewhere, as every Wanderers fan does, but I do agree we have to chase the ace rather than wait for the Jokers. I just hope he does the same.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:21 pm

We lacked desire, nous, tactics, strategy, passing, a proper defence, a midfield, and an attack. The first half was proper dispiriting. The half time subs helped a little bit but it still equalled the worst football display I've seen in a long while. In fact that's the trouble: it wasn't a display, and it mostly didn't qualify as football.
On the train back to Matlock all the Derby fans were bemoaning their sides' crap performance - that's how utterly awful we were, they beat us by three to nil and still thought their side was awful.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください