CRUNCH TIME. Away at Baaaarnsley. Saturday Apr14th 3pm

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: CRUNCH TIME. Away at Baaaarnsley. Saturday Apr14th 3pm

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:36 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:14 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:27 pm
HMX wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:18 pm
Alnwick, Robinson, Beevers, Wheater, Burke, Little, Pratley, Henry, Morais, Ameobi, Le Fondre.

Subs: Howard, A Taylor, Dervite, Vela, Buckley, Noone, Wilbraham.

Hall and Clough not on the bench.
Neither here nor there. In my opinion it shouda been ALF and Wheater up front, or Ameobi and Clough.
At least he's got all three of Robinson, Little and Morais in there, which was a minimal requirement for me to stop moaning... So I will... stop moaning. (Until Barnsley score in ten minutes).

Anyway, making my way groundsward now...fingers knotted.
Robinson, Little, Morais, ALF, Ameobi, ALF and Clough... that's the way forward, literally.
(1) How are you fitting them into a system?
(2) How are you cloning ALF, and is that legal under League rules? :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:25 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:36 am

I wish we could clone his attitude. He comes across as really wanting to score and win, like grabbing the ball for the penalty on Saturday and not being put off by that McBurnie clown, and his general team attitude. Alfie is a Wanderer. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:51 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:36 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:14 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:27 pm
HMX wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:18 pm
Alnwick, Robinson, Beevers, Wheater, Burke, Little, Pratley, Henry, Morais, Ameobi, Le Fondre.

Subs: Howard, A Taylor, Dervite, Vela, Buckley, Noone, Wilbraham.

Hall and Clough not on the bench.
Neither here nor there. In my opinion it shouda been ALF and Wheater up front, or Ameobi and Clough.
At least he's got all three of Robinson, Little and Morais in there, which was a minimal requirement for me to stop moaning... So I will... stop moaning. (Until Barnsley score in ten minutes).

Anyway, making my way groundsward now...fingers knotted.
Robinson, Little, Morais, ALF, Ameobi, ALF and Clough... that's the way forward, literally.
Ha.
Firstly, 2. I see no League rules that ban it. However, in my haste to post I'd missed out Ameobi-wan-kenobi, and when I stuck him in I somehow duplicated Alfie.
Secondly, 1. I forsee an amazing transformation whereby we attack from deep. So I'd have a 5-2-2-1 which, depending on the pressure applied or relieved can concertina up to a 5-4-1 that will readily expand to a 3-6-1 pushing onto a 3-2-1-4
The mainstays of this is Robinson & Little as the highly mobile 'wingers' of the 5-etc, with Morais and 'somebody-else' (I don't know, Henry?) as the 'back' midfield 2, with Ameobi and Alfie in the forwardmost -2-, and Clough moving around like a demon up front on his own (until he's joined by Ameobi rushing forward, and Littlinson overlapping, with Morais picking the pass out like a sniper).
8)

You can see why I'm not a football manager, can't you?

Edit: As somebody else put it so disparagingly, I wish to emulate Ajax in their pomp (except I've no idea what their formation was, and I'm using the players we've actually got).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください