CRUNCH TIME. Away at Baaaarnsley. Saturday Apr14th 3pm

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: CRUNCH TIME. Away at Baaaarnsley. Saturday Apr14th 3pm

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:49 pm

Oh, my. Two goals in three mins and...the tension is absolutely electric. They sally at us and.....get a free thirty out. Four mins to go and.......Mahoney and....Hammil and.....and.....a goal kick us as some Homers hed for the exits......Whites fans roar "We are staying up" Alf, Sammi, ....they get a throw and.....it's madness . Buckley ...then they get a throw via Robbo. Added time about thirty mins I reckon. They sally and Moore tries a dive. Beevers and Robbo clear. Alf wins a throw and....Noone defends, they get a throw and....Ben catches the ball and...5 mins added...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:50 pm

Goal kick then as Dervite replaces Morais....Come on you Whites, I've shouted my bollox off for you, come on.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:50 pm

Dervite on for Morais.

Get ready for 5 minutes of nail biting.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:51 pm

Moore hits the deck abd they get a free 35 out. Moncur and.......ohhhhh, deflected wide for a corner. Derperado.....and they fecking score. 2-2.....

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:52 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:50 pm
Dervite on for Morais.

Get ready for 5 minutes of nail biting.
Can't keep attacking can he.

Prick.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:53 pm

Oh balls.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:54 pm

Dear dear. . Sammi goes and....runs it out. Buckley and....and....and....Sammi goes, waiting.....and gives one away. A hack, Dervite nods it out. Throw them and.....it's all over. 2-2.....I shouldn't moan, but I will....

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:57 pm

Well, if we go down we can thank PP.

I suppose he had to balance the great substitution of Noone with the stupid one of Dervite.

Why the feck did he change it? We were so on top, it was unreal.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:58 pm

Well, perhaps the showman/drama-queen in Parky can't do without that last-game full-on high-wire tension act.

Otherwise it'd just be boring right... right... am I right?

FFS

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:38 pm

Sounded like a good spirited performance that finally got some luck with the penalty being given. We've had a few refs seem utterly disinterested in giving us anything so to get that decision was a breath of fresh air.

2-1 would've been amazing. 2-2 seems a bitter pill to swallow seeing how late it was.

Thankfully we're still in it.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:41 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:57 pm
Well, if we go down we can thank PP.

I suppose he had to balance the great substitution of Noone with the stupid one of Dervite.

Why the feck did he change it? We were so on top, it was unreal.
Sounds like that would've been a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. Can't fault Parkinson for the late change, seeing out the time with a sub isn't a bad idea, nor is bringing on an extra defender who knows what they should be doing.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:45 pm

I would have taken that beforehand

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:13 pm

Got to hope Wolves do a number on Birmigham, I mean really hammer them.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:40 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:11 pm
Jack, my workmate has a text saying his missus is reacting badly to her chemotherapy and is vomiting profusely. He's left to go and hold her hand. I'm sitting in her seat in the home stand. Non of this is good for the soul... I wish I'd taken my dog out for a long lonely walk instead.
Hope your mate's wife is okay Spots. At least we had an interesting second half. How may goals does that make scored against us in the last five minute? I reckon it's quite a few.

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:44 pm

FUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKING AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:11 pm

I'd have taken a point at kick off, snatched your hands off for one at 4.30 but typical Wanderers, they've now ruined my evening!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:31 pm

Well that's Wolves promoted thanks to a 94th minute equaliser at Fulham. Can you see Wolves not celebrating tonight and playing hung over tomorrow?

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:27 pm

True but I'm not underestimating the power of local bragging rights either (like Utd have p1$$3d all over Citeh's chips, good and proper), that kinda thing burns. Hopeless optimist? Yeah yeah, I'm a Bolton fan, course I am.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:32 pm

Just watched it all again on Championship and that McBurnie is one bollox head. Ref should have had him off for trying to stop Alf taking the pen, then trying to get Pratley sent off for flinging himself on the deck for a supposed head butt (not that Prats wasn't dicing with death by reacting as he did; another ref would have had him off.) We were very unlucky not to get the three points, but with ten to go, chances of us getting an equaliser seemed rarer then the wife picking the winner of the National. Fxxx me, both happened, we did, and she did. So very much depends on us and that Barnsley game in hand. Meantime we have to hope Leeds hammer them and we get something off Wolves.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:34 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:32 pm
Just watched it all again on Championship and that McBurnie is one bollox head. Ref should have had him off for trying to stop Alf taking the pen, then trying to get Pratley sent off for flinging himself on the deck for a supposed head butt (not that Prats wasn't dicing with death by acting as he did; another ref would have had him off.) We were very unlucky not to get the three points, but with ten to go, chances of us getting an equaliser seemed rarer then the wife picking the winner of the National. Fxxx me, both happened, we did, and she did. So very much depends on us and that Barnsley game in hand. Meantime we have to hope Leeds hammer them and we get something off Wolves.