I Wandered lonely as a cloud ..Whites v Wolves Sat 21st Apr. 3-0

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

I Wandered lonely as a cloud ..Whites v Wolves Sat 21st Apr. 3-0

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:58 pm

But no room for daffodils in this one...The Wolves around the log cabin are more hungry and aggressive than normal this year. Can we keep them at bay? It might take more than just a wee push this time if we want to be the one and only Wanderers.? We'll have to see what our Word's worth. Thoughts?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: I Wandered lonely as a cloud ..Whites v Wolves Sat 21st Apr. 3-0

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:19 pm

You are already predicting 3-0!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:31 pm

Bolton 2 - Wolves 1 (ALF, Noone)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:43 pm

Feel like a phoney war. I'm expecting nowt from the game except that I hope it doesn't dissuade Parky from the attacking full-backs 4-2-3-1 that did so well at Barnsley. That's the thing that can beat Burton and Forest, the thing that can keep us up.

I know it sounds a bit daft but I'm almost more bothered about what happens at Leeds-Barnsley and Blues-Blades, and possible Wednesday-Reading. What happens at Sunderland-Burton will be interesting but much less relevant: if either of those catch us we're dead.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:11 pm

Although my rose-tinters are almost pale pink, I've still got faith and hope. Trouble is I'm not expecting too much in the way of charity tomorrow. In the true spirit of football, if we did manage to pull off a sensational win it would be claimed Wolves didn't really need to try too hard. On the other hand....

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:18 pm

Hopefully it's shite, gets to 60 mins at 0-0 and they decide to take the point they need.

A wolves promotion party is very very less than ideal, but I'd email your hand off for a pint.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:19 pm

Well that's an interesting autocorrect, I've invented an idiom for the modern alcoholic.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:46 am

Today is all about goal difference for me. Losing isn't a disaster, a point would be a great result. Keeping it down to -1 or preferably goalless might give us a bit more of a goal difference with Brum. Small margins and all that, but I reckon it might just come down to it on the last day.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Gravdigger
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Gravdigger » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:38 pm

Wolves may well turn on the taps to not just get automatic champions but 100 points and 100 goals. Hopefully it will mean charges against us that could well leave space for counter attacks. Hope we get at least a point but 3 would certainly be better. Plus the teams around us to lose so we can keep a good grasp on that bit of straw. 8)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:49 pm

I didn't get down-hearted about playing Bayern Munich, red Star or Athletico Madrid, so I'm not doing that for Wolves. Okay, we don't have the team we did then and many things have changed, but it's still COME ON YOU WHITES... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:53 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:49 pm
I didn't get down-hearted about playing Bayern Munich, red Star or Athletico Madrid, so I'm not doing that for Wolves. Okay, we don't have the team we did then and many things have changed, but it's still COME ON YOU WHITES... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Sunburnt for first time in years. Not at the match. So feet up with medicinal salving pints of bitter to come, and Radio Tango to keep me informed. That should make up for the epidermal pain.
COYWM!!!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:54 pm

...not expecting much, mind you. 2-0 to the other late comer wanderers.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:56 pm

I'm here, fearing the worst yet as always hoping for the best
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:58 pm

Just hearing Vela out and Morais in. Didn't catch the full lists, but Clough, Noone and Vela are on the bench. Back four is Flanagan, Wheats, Beevers and Robinson. Alf is up front on his own and I heard Sammi, Morais and Pratley...not sure of the last two names?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:00 pm

A pack of 5,000 wolverines in the Mac we're told. All about legs and fitness for me today. Get amongst them from the off lads. :oyea:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:03 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:58 pm
Just hearing Vela out and Morais in. Didn't catch the full lists, but Clough, Noone and Vela are on the bench. Back four is Flanagan, Wheats, Beevers and Robinson. Alf is up front on his own and I heard Sammi, Morais and Pratley...not sure of the last two names?
Sameobi, Buckley and Morais in a 3 behind ALF. Pratley and Henry minding the midfield :)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:08 pm

Commienzamos.

Keith Stroud the ref as Alf kicks it off. First throw to them and the noise levels are Mach strength, and they have a corner after a speculative effort. Ben grams it and sets Sammi off and.....we get nowt for a challenge. Throw them again and talk of Prats playing deeper. We lose out and they try a sally at us. They come again and....Afobe lashes one wide. Mic man reckons it's going to be a long afternoon. Sammi wins a free kick as Ben feeds him. A Morais special delivery.....and....oh, Prats gets a header in but not a strong one. Lively start.Sammi goes again and.....wins a corner....Morais and....in and....Morais and....Sammi and....he sends one across that just faces the posts.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:09 pm

They have a corner now....and Sheffield go one up on Brum. :oyea: Corner them, Beevers clears for a throw. Douglas...Afobe, Silva.....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:16 pm

We clear well and set Robbo off, then Sammi going again and....they get a goal kick. Noise levels are...loud. Flanagan goes, Prats gets done for a free kick. A bad cross from Flanagan goes right out for a goal kick. Poor that, says mic man. Henry gets chopped now and we get another frree. Buckley, Henry....Flanagan...Wheats....Morais....and Alfie is blocked off. Prats gets no cigar, but Robbo then...they clear and break and mic man reckons Prats should have had a free kick. They have one now and...Wallop and, cleared but we get it back and.....a cross and...Prats can't apitalise. Really active start. They get it back to the keeper but apparently we are starting very well. They sally and charge forth...and mic man chats and....fobe gets a shot in but Beevers blocks for a corner. And...Douglas and....in...Afobe heads well wide.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:18 pm

Bury go on down...if you need to know....then....back on planet football, Wolves go one up as Afobe, then Douglas go in front.