Shaking like a leaf, oh no have I got Parkinson's? Home to Forest 12:30 Sun 6th May 2018

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Shaking like a leaf, oh no have I got Parkinson's? Home to Forest 12:30 Sun 6th May 2018

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 08, 2018 10:35 pm

Winter Hill White wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 9:52 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 4:24 pm
Oli McBurnie, what's the score?

(and furthermore, would you mind coming on loan to us next season, upon which all would be forgiven?)
Oli McBurnie's dad sometimes works out of our office, and I had a quick chat with him the other day. I got the impression that he (Oli - not his dad) would be in no rush to play under Parky. Don't know if the departure from Bratfurt was on bad terms, but think much of the shenanigans McBurnie was involved in at the Barnsley game might have been aimed at winding Parky up.
Ah, cheers. Interesting. Hadn't clocked that they'd worked together before.

At Barnsley, I didn't take his winding-up as being anti-Parky or even anti-Bolton, just doing his best for his (temporary) team. Here's Parky's quotes upon McBurnie's exit. Do they seem to hint at trouble? Seem OK to me. But I'm not the bloke's dad... :D
He is a player with great potential. Ollie burst onto the scene scoring a lot of goals for the youth team and we put him into the first team at the time because of injuries when physically he wasn't ready yet.

It was tough for him during this period because he came virtually straight from Saturday morning youth football into competitive first team action. He naturally found the going tough but he was still able to show flashes of quality. That period did probably knock him back a bit and with him being a local boy, there was also a lot of expectancy on him.

To his credit though, he went away on loan to Chester in the second half of last season and did really well. It certainly isn't easy for a player of his age to impress at conference level and score goals. Even though he is still physically developing, he was excellent for them.

As well as his time with Chester, he has performed to a good standard for Scotland at Under 19 level in recent months. In the company of players playing for teams at higher levels, he has acquitted himself well for his national side.

I am sure that has helped to alert Swansea to Ollie's potential. We certainly wish him all the very best.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Shaking like a leaf, oh no have I got Parkinson's? Home to Forest 12:30 Sun 6th May 2018

Post by Prufrock » Tue May 08, 2018 10:47 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 4:24 pm

Watched that with a biiiig smile on my face!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Wed May 09, 2018 12:10 am

Great result. I'd given up at 2-1. I'd lost belief five weeks out with the Birmingham resurgence and Barnsley and Burton's mid-table fixtures. Doomed we were.

Then a miracle. At 2-1, I was going to bed (1:30am in NZ) and saw the BBC score update to 3-2. Couldn't believe it.
Really couldn't...Had to check a bunch of other results... Still couldn't believe it.

Until BBC updated headline that said Bolton and Burton were going down. Literally watched "Bolton" get BACKSPACED to safety and "Barnsley" typed in like it was a typo the whole time. Cosmic moment. Sliding doors. Alternate universe...

3 minutes of nailbiting time then 5? WTF? minutes of EXTRA time spitting tacks and we'd done it.

Officially. BBC: "The greatest of great escapes!"

So important for the club in the precarious position its in. Confused but over the bloody moon! Hope is born...Brought me back here after years for the transfer market. I've only seen one Bolton game ever at the Macron Forrest 2-2 in 2012. Now in the last two weeks they've done us two huge favours. Ta Forest!
What could've happened; did.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed May 09, 2018 11:18 pm

Not sure if this has already been posted, as some of the links above seem to be broken, but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rHgxacJ5-4