Shaking like a leaf, oh no have I got Parkinson's? Home to Forest 12:30 Sun 6th May 2018

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Shaking like a leaf, oh no have I got Parkinson's? Home to Forest 12:30 Sun 6th May 2018

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:43 pm

:|
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Shaking like a leaf, oh no have I got Parkinson's? Home to Forest 12:30 Sun 6th May 2018

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:51 pm

Day before, on Saturday, I've got a colonoscopy due. I know one thing, come Monday morning I hope to be clear of shit.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Shaking like a leaf, oh no have I got Parkinson's? Home to Forest 12:30 Sun 6th May 2018

Post by Spartan2 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:10 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:51 pm
Day before, on Saturday, I've got a colonoscopy due. I know one thing, come Monday morning I hope to be clear of shit.
:lol:. Great title.

antony.thompson
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by antony.thompson » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:44 pm

Spartan2 wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:10 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Apart from the misplaced apostrophe. :D

Mar
Icon
Icon

Re: Shaking like a leaf, oh no have I got Parkinsons'? Home to Forest 12:30 Sun 6th May 2018

Post by Mar » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:49 pm

I predict a mean spirited winning performance here.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Shaking like a leaf, oh no have I got Parkinsons'? Home to Forest 12:30 Sun 6th May 2018

Post by truewhite15 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:10 pm

Mar wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:49 pm
I predict a mean spirited winning performance here.
...for Forest.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:27 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Good luck on both counts.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:49 pm

Alnwick, Little, Wheater,Burke, Robinson. Karajan/Morais, Pratley, Vela, Noone, Ameobi, Alf. Keep it on the deck, let Ameobi run at them, leave Pratley deep and let Vela also have a run at them. Why not?
Beevers is off form and him and Dervite are best on the bench with Howard, Clough, Wilbraham (cos we know he'll be there anyway) Buckley and Karajan/Morais. Give Henry a rest, he's also off the mark right now and the occasion might bring the beast out in him. Bad enough with eleven men and not ten.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:50 am

On current form it's hard to see anything other than a pitiful 0-2 surrender
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:04 am

3-0 Forest....these spineless cnuts don't give a shite about the club or the fans, they wouldn't run through paper never mind brick walls.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:44 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:04 am
3-0 Forest....these spineless cnuts don't give a shite about the club or the fans, they wouldn't run through paper never mind brick walls.
Only a few weeks ago they would though. What on earth has gone on at the club behind the scenes?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:39 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:49 pm
Alnwick, Little, Wheater,Burke, Robinson. Karajan/Morais, Pratley, Vela, Noone, Ameobi, Alf. Keep it on the deck, let Ameobi run at them, leave Pratley deep and let Vela also have a run at them. Why not?
Aye. A small but IMO very important note about the Barnsley second-half was that we notably stopped going long: Alnwick rolled the ball out to defenders who found those overlapping full-backs and etc etc. And we played SO much better.

In the first half, it had been (1) give/leave it to a centre-back (2) watch him pog it forward aimlessly (3) lose possession, leading to thousands of travelling fans chanting "on the floor, on the floor, on the floor". After the break there was a noticeable change throughout the team to do precisely that, so much so that the away end were actually olé-ing, and only partly in self-parody. It means that the opposition have to chase rather than standing and nodding it away.

I know we're never going to be Holland 74 but neither do we have to be so moronically one-dimensional when it plainly doesn't work. Playing "football" wouldn't work against a Wolves or a Fulham, but evidently neither does the sort of meek defensive long-ball either. We could and should have taken Burton on at football. If we can't outplay Burton, we don't deserve to be in this league.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:46 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:39 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:49 pm
Aye. A small but IMO very important note about the Barnsley second-half was that we notably stopped going long: Alnwick rolled the ball out to defenders who found those overlapping full-backs and etc etc. And we played SO much better.

In the first half, it had been (1) give/leave it to a centre-back (2) watch him pog it forward aimlessly (3) lose possession, leading to thousands of travelling fans chanting "on the floor, on the floor, on the floor". After the break there was a noticeable change throughout the team to do precisely that, so much so that the away end were actually olé-ing, and only partly in self-parody. It means that the opposition have to chase rather than standing and nodding it away.

I know we're never going to be Holland 74 but neither do we have to be so moronically one-dimensional when it plainly doesn't work. Playing "football" wouldn't work against a Wolves or a Fulham, but evidently neither does the sort of meek defensive long-ball either. We could and should have taken Burton on at football. If we can't outplay Burton, we don't deserve to be in this league.
You know what? Before all of that if we'd turned up at Burton it might have helped. If we had 11 men willing to do whatever they could to get a result, I could forgive the rest.

We didn't.

If Derik ever plays for us again then that will be me done. Hyperbole? Probably. But if I ever see, that useless, lazy, half-arsed bastard in a white shirt again I'll be about as fed up with football as I've ever been.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:50 am

Mate, I can't and won't defend the players. But the manager is in charge. If they're not inspired – these employees almost universally hired by him to play for him - for a game like this, then he's not up to the job.

Normally it's harder to shunt the players (longer, more lucrative contracts) than the manager. In our case, most of the players can frig off for nowt in summer, while Parky and his staff are on 12-month rolling contracts. Won't take much to clean the slate, whichever division we're in.

tankcopters n aids
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tankcopters n aids » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:52 am

Was going to step out of shitfandom for this one but having seen the ticket pricing I think I'll be booing the radio instead.

7- 0 Bolton

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:08 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:50 am
Mate, I can't and won't defend the players. But the manager is in charge. If they're not inspired – these employees almost universally hired by him to play for him - for a game like this, then he's not up to the job.

Normally it's harder to shunt the players (longer, more lucrative contracts) than the manager. In our case, most of the players can frig off for nowt in summer, while Parky and his staff are on 12-month rolling contracts. Won't take much to clean the slate, whichever division we're in.
I'd get rid of every single player. I mean Parky ballsed up the biggest game of his tenure and there can be no complaints when he is removed from his post. But the players...it isn't like we haven't seen them fight. But since Villa they've downed tools and I simply cannot stand any of them.

Get rid of the rotten, lazy, uncaring lot for me. I don't want to see any of them again after Forest, irrespective of what happens.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:08 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:44 am
Peter Thompson wrote:
Only a few weeks ago they would though. What on earth has gone on at the club behind the scenes?
Long term effect of Parkinson's flash in the pan, looks like some of us, who don't cling to 'flavour of the month causes' were right about the bloke all along.
(I must add a disclaimer here that I am far from happy to see the outcome but the three arrows pub team may have a new manager soon!)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:48 am

antony.thompson wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:44 pm
Spartan2 wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:10 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Apart from the misplaced apostrophe. :D
Damn... now edited.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:00 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:08 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:44 am
Peter Thompson wrote:
Long term effect of Parkinson's flash in the pan, looks like some of us, who don't cling to 'flavour of the month causes' were right about the bloke all along.
(I must add a disclaimer here that I am far from happy to see the outcome but the three arrows pub team may have a new manager soon!)
You don't go from scrapping for everything to falling apart in two weeks because of that. I don't buy that.

Something has happened to cause this. Whether it is Parky, the players, Ken, something has gone on because up to and including Villa we were not playing brilliantly, but more than competing and scrapping for points. I was always concerned that our wins post Madine were exceptions to the rule, and that is how it has played out. But as it turned out we only needed a couple of draws here and there and we'd be above the line still. Been an unmitigated disaster since Villa and I doubt that is coincidental.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:07 pm

We need as much physical energy as possible out on the pitch. I would play Little and Robinson. I would play Henry, Pratley and Vela in the middle. Ameobi and one of Buckley/Morais and Noone. Wilbraham and Connor Hall on the bench.

Moreover I hope Ken, Phil and his staff, and all the players are currently locked in a room kicking the shit out of each other. Whatever is going on that produces these non-performances needs to be fully aired and fully sorted out before we kick off on Sunday.

Forest haven't been scoring many goals, and come the last 20 minutes must start to begin thinking of their summer holidays. If we could play to our best we do have a chance. COYW.