Shaking like a leaf, oh no have I got Parkinson's? Home to Forest 12:30 Sun 6th May 2018

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Shaking like a leaf, oh no have I got Parkinson's? Home to Forest 12:30 Sun 6th May 2018

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:14 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:07 pm
We need as much physical energy as possible out on the pitch. I would play Little and Robinson. I would play Henry, Pratley and Vela in the middle. Ameobi and one of Buckley/Morais and Noone. Wilbraham and Connor Hall on the bench.

Moreover I hope Ken, Phil and his staff, and all the players are currently locked in a room kicking the shit out of each other. Whatever is going on that produces these non-performances needs to be fully aired and fully sorted out before we kick off on Sunday.

Forest haven't been scoring many goals, and come the last 20 minutes must start to begin thinking of their summer holidays. If we could play to our best we do have a chance. COYW.
We're gone. I cannot see how they can rouse themselves from this slumber in a week. Even if they do, one of Burton or Barnsley will win. It is written in the stars.

We've had so many chances to be safe and haven't ever managed to take them.

Birmingham at home.
Barnsley away.
Burton away.

Win any of those 3 recent games and we'd be home and dry virtually. As it stands we've wasted these opportunities with non performances and you do not get away with that. There is no magical happy ending for us. Frankly we deserve to go down.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Shaking like a leaf, oh no have I got Parkinson's? Home to Forest 12:30 Sun 6th May 2018

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:23 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:14 pm
Frankly we deserve to go down.
I rarely argue with the table, and at the moment it says we're the second-worst team.

If we end up fourth-worst we'll be extraordinarily lucky (43pts ain't usually enough), but whoever finishes below us will still deserve it more. And considering our four relegation rivals are playing the division's second-best, third-best, sixth-best and seventh-best teams, while we play the 17th-best, three things:
(1) you could just about make a case that this week's table is slightly distorted by the relative quality of previous fixtures
(2) we could hardly have asked for better final fixtures all round
(3) if we STILL f*ck it up we truly have nobody else to blame.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Shaking like a leaf, oh no have I got Parkinsons'? Home to Forest 12:30 Sun 6th May 2018

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:08 am

I'd get rid of every single player. I mean Parky ballsed up the biggest game of his tenure and there can be no complaints when he is removed from his post. But the players...it isn't like we haven't seen them fight. But since Villa they've downed tools and I simply cannot stand any of them.

Get rid of the rotten, lazy, uncaring lot for me. I don't want to see any of them again after Forest, irrespective of what happens.
Pretty much where I am, only, I actually think that relegation 'could' be a blessing, in that we'll be forced to get rid of most of these these shithouses and bring through the academy players. Too simplistic? Maybe, but can it get any worse?
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Shaking like a leaf, oh no have I got Parkinsons'? Home to Forest 12:30 Sun 6th May 2018

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:37 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:27 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:08 am

I'd get rid of every single player. I mean Parky ballsed up the biggest game of his tenure and there can be no complaints when he is removed from his post. But the players...it isn't like we haven't seen them fight. But since Villa they've downed tools and I simply cannot stand any of them.

Get rid of the rotten, lazy, uncaring lot for me. I don't want to see any of them again after Forest, irrespective of what happens.
Pretty much where I am, only, I actually think that relegation 'could' be a blessing, in that we'll be forced to get rid of most of these these shithouses and bring through the academy players. Too simplistic? Maybe, but can it get any worse?
Sadly we know it can. And possibly will.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:47 pm

"The Great Escape" music will boom out around the Macron, "We will Rock You" will be roared out at the Forest fans by the
jubillant Homers, Phil Parky will be chaired around the track on Pratley's shoulders, Ken will give an interview saying he knew all along we'd win...... and we will be safe again...

...and Steve McQueen will ride in on a khaki motorbike wearing a Wanderers scarf and carrying a huge flag stating that Burton and Barnsley have both lost....... ...............Yeah.... :oyea:

ae:) ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:01 pm

Been a big shift in the odds today on us to win, gone from 10/11 to 4/6 - similar odds to that of Preston and Derby to win their games... :shock:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:49 pm

I'm pretty sure anybody connected with football from every manager in the division, all the players, referees, liners, pitch markers, barmen, tea ladies and teenage cheerleaders will know exactly how we will play on Sunday. Ten/fifteen minutes of up and at em, during which time we may get some possesion (most of it sideways and backwards) a Wiganer over the bar and assorted deep-fried wallops from Ben to half the points on a compass. The opposition then make a break and score number one. We carry on with Plan A and sometime before half time they break and score again, maybe from a corner. So.....what can we do?

All we can do is dig very deep, defend better than usual, play better then usual and hope that a few lightbulbs flicker on and realise that life isn't going to be very present in any respect from 4-45 onwards unless we win, pray Barnsley and Burton don't and live to fight again in the Championship. Barnsley and Burton may very well do their part and lose due to the bad luck of playing better teams, but unless we do ours and win....."que sera"

WE ARE NOT GOING DOWN....... :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue May 01, 2018 4:14 pm

Phil's latest comments:

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... raws_near/

I hope this is just me, but I am not feeling any inspiration from Phil's comments at all. He seems to have given up. In fact I am wondering if our problems might be stemming from ructions between Phil and Ken? I found Phil's "It is hard without a target man" comment strange after the Birmingham game...

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue May 01, 2018 7:56 pm

Nottingham Forest's last 10 games has them conceding 8 and scoring 6.

Sounds like it'll be a 0-0'er which doesn't do us any favors. Ben Alnwick with a last minute winner to keep us up?
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 4:14 pm
Phil's latest comments:

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... raws_near/

I hope this is just me, but I am not feeling any inspiration from Phil's comments at all. He seems to have given up. In fact I am wondering if our problems might be stemming from ructions between Phil and Ken? I found Phil's "It is hard without a target man" comment strange after the Birmingham game...
He's never been one for major shouting and pulling a Kevin Keegan in the press so I think this is just more of the same from him. I think Ken's comments may be more telling. It's go for it time.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue May 01, 2018 10:58 pm

I've had a few non Wanderers friends say to me this week -" just win your game and you never know.."

Yet out of those friends who are Wanderers fans and who go to games, not one thinks we're going to do it. Usually it's the hope that kills you but this time it just feels inevitable
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue May 01, 2018 11:50 pm

I'm clinging to the hope and the fact we are due a win whilst the other teams are due a loss.

You never know ....

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Wed May 02, 2018 8:16 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:27 pm
That's what I think every time (: It hasn't happened yet but maybe this time!

If I only go to one game a season it's normally the last game. They're never good. If a win is needed they'll draw. :D
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 02, 2018 8:54 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 10:58 pm
I've had a few non Wanderers friends say to me this week -" just win your game and you never know.."

Yet out of those friends who are Wanderers fans and who go to games, not one thinks we're going to do it. Usually it's the hope that kills you but this time it just feels inevitable
Yep. You'd have to say if we can win our game (especially convincingly like 2/3-0) then we'd have a real chance given potentially Birmingham would be dragged back in if Fulham, going for promotion, beat them by a couple too.

However, the thing I just cannot see is us winning. I can see us taking the lead then nerves kicking in and Forest equalising. Or us huffing and puffing against Forest defence that Karanka has turned into a decent unit and failing to break them down too.

As has been the case since January, whichever way you slice it there aren't enough goals in this side. Nobody remaining will come close, to double figures. Our top scorer left in the club has what, 5? That says it all. Our midfield between it has under 10 I believe. Pathetic.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed May 02, 2018 11:50 am

Have just had yet another conversation (this time a Stoke fan) wherein the following was once more tediously communicated to me: "Forset have nothing to play for".
Utter tosh.
To start with, they are fully professional football players, who get paid a wage, for playing football.
To secondly with, these players 'who have nothing to play for' also had nothing to play for when they tonked Barnsley three-nil, and drew nil-nil with Bristol....

Anyway. We need to win, not draw or lose. In order to do that we need a winning team.
My suggestion would be:

Alnwick
Little, Wheater, Beevers, Robinson
Buckley, Vela, Noone
Morais, Clough, Ameobi.

but I know damn well that Parkinson won't even be considering at least one of those.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 02, 2018 11:54 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 11:50 am
Have just had yet another conversation (this time a Stoke fan) wherein the following was once more tediously communicated to me: "Forset have nothing to play for".
Utter tosh.
To start with, they are fully professional football players, who get paid a wage, for playing football.
To secondly with, these players 'who have nothing to play for' also had nothing to play for when they tonked Barnsley three-nil, and drew nil-nil with Bristol....

Anyway. We need to win, not draw or lose. In order to do that we need a winning team.
My suggestion would be:

Alnwick
Buckley, Vela, Noone
Morais, Clough, Ameobi.

but I know damn well that Parkinson won't even be considering at least one of those.
I sincerely hope he doesn't pick that team. It would be completely and utterly overrun.

You can't just pick a team of attacking players and expect to win. You still need to have control in midfield or Forest will be running at our back four at will and just completely dominating the possession with our lot having no control.

We also would be docked points for fielding an ineligible player since Clough cannot feature as he's on loan from Forest.

My team

Alnwick
Little Wheater Beevers Robinson
Henry/Pratley (whoever is most fit) Vela Buckley
Morais Le Fondre Ameobi

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed May 02, 2018 11:58 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 11:54 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 11:50 am

Alnwick
Buckley, Vela, Noone
Morais, Clough, Ameobi.

We also would be docked points for fielding an ineligible player since Clough cannot feature as he's on loan from Forest.

Fxck!!! ... I'd forgotten that. :lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 02, 2018 12:39 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 11:54 am
My team

Alnwick
Little Wheater Beevers Robinson
Henry/Pratley (whoever is most fit) Vela Buckley
Morais Le Fondre Ameobi
Pretty much exactly what I'd play except in a 4-2-3-1 rather than a 4-3-3. Karl/Prats and Vela sat behind a 3 - Morais right, Ameobi floating off ALF, and probably Buckley on the left as he's more comfortable there than Noone. The Scouser scored at Barnsley and by most accounts did well last week, shining like a stainless steel spoon among shite, but I still think it's more important to get the Postman on the right.

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Wed May 02, 2018 5:08 pm

2 points from the first eleven games and 1 point from the last eight games.

That is 3 points from a possible 57. I remember someone once saying that Parky is streaky... that is streeeeeeeaky. These longer streaks of poor form completely knock the stuffing out of players, staff and fans. I wonder what the root cause is?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed May 02, 2018 5:26 pm

enrdentw wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 5:08 pm

That is 3 points from a possible 57. I remember someone once saying that Parky is streaky... that is streeeeeeeaky. These longer streaks of poor form completely knock the stuffing out of players, staff and fans. I wonder what the root cause is?
Even when it's temporarily addressed (which it usually is), it must have long lasting effects. As soon as we lose one game, the players must think.. feck, here we go
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 04, 2018 8:31 am

boltonboris wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 5:26 pm
enrdentw wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 5:08 pm

Even when it's temporarily addressed (which it usually is), it must have long lasting effects. As soon as we lose one game, the players must think.. feck, here we go
Allardyce was streaky too. I'd say it probably isn't the manager. More a reflection that we're reliant on certain players as we lack quality across the overall squad and if the get tired, dip in form or fitness we struggle.