Lennon out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Lennon out!

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:44 pm

It makes sense to me. Why would anyone want the first thing on their managerial CV to be relegation?!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:13 pm

When the new owners come in, finding a new manager has to be priority. If I was Deano, I would be having words with Phil Brown now if he is the man he wants.

Our only hope now is to get a new man in and hope for one of them magical new manager runs. If we do go down then PB would be the right man as he knows the league well.

13 games left.. 39 points. Time to act or just give up. We still have time...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:24 pm

If Madine ever pulls on a Bolton shirt again, IMO it will be the darkest moment, recently, in the whole sorry affair the club was in.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:42 pm

Hoboh wrote:If Madine ever pulls on a Bolton shirt again, IMO it will be the darkest moment, recently, in the whole sorry affair the club was in.
Anyone know the actual truth of what's gone on with Madine?? Can we cancel his contract?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:47 pm

Depends on whether we were savvy enough to use the word "footballer" in his contract. If so, we should be reet.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Post by Loyal White » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:52 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:
jonnycooper wrote:
Hoboh wrote:If Madine ever pulls on a Bolton shirt again, IMO it will be the darkest moment, recently, in the whole sorry affair the club was in.
Anyone know the actual truth of what's gone on with Madine?? Can we cancel his contract?
Only rumour - LoVS claim that someone contacted them at the weekend saying that Lennon has lost the dressing room, and the Madine told him to eff off again.

And probably not without paying him up, unless there's some sort of breach of contract.
LoVs ITK is someone on another forum which Manning goes on. He posted this;
This isn't ITK - It's legit.

My Uncle has done some business with a guy who is good mates with Lennon. So him and my dad were in a box today.

After the game they went into the players lounge but no players were there, just Lennon's wife. Lennon has come in and gone straight over to his mate and said "that fecking prick Madine has told me to feck off again" - He then clocked my dad and uncle and went quiet. After they were all introduced and had a drink Lennon told them that he's had proper bust ups with Madine before now, as Madine can't take constructive criticism, but he can't banish him to the bench etc... so his hands are tied.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:00 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I'm informed by someone who claims to be ITK that Phillips was quietly approached over a month ago about taking over and he didn't want the job this time.
Doesn't surprise me. He's a family friend, admittedly one who I don't see very often since moving away, but a nice chap who's willing to talk about the club to some extent. Anyway he's long said, even when he was caretaker, that he doesn't want a full time manager position. He's never said why, and he doesn't have to, but I'd imagine he doesn't want the stress and pressure that comes with it. In fact I think he's said as much publicly too.

I have no idea why people have the notion that he should just be "given the job" when he's consistently said he's not interested. He wasn't interested when we were doing...ok...last time, so it certainly doesn't surprise me that he doesn't want to be caretaker when we're in the $hit.
I get all that. And I don't think many people are after hiring him permanently when he has indeed said he doesn't want it. But he is the obvious candidate if we need to get the underachieving current herbert out, and we need someone to take over short-term - as caretaker or interim until the end of the season, to take the time to make the right long-term choice. Jimmy's at the club, loves the club, knows the youth players who are going to play an increasingly important role, would have the goodwill of fans who wouldn't blame him if we went down this season, and - here's the key thing - did well last time he sat in for a while.

If he really doesn't want the job, that's fine. But that doesn't mean the idea is inexplicable.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:02 pm

Aye, I hope we sound him out to see if he'd do it to the end of the year (we may already have). If he says no, fair enough.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:03 pm

jonnycooper wrote:
Only rumour - LoVS claim that someone contacted them at the weekend saying that Lennon has lost the dressing room, and the Madine told him to eff off again.
when it's all done and dusted and Deano is given some keys - he can go and find the dressing room and all will be reet! 8)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:10 pm

Our away league record under Lennon. For the sake of completeness, we've also played two away Cup games, both drawn.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:21 pm

Blimey, this is a bit dramatic, mate. Madine putting a Whites shirt on again will be our darkest moment in recent times? Really?

If all he's done is tell Lennon to feck off, I'm perfectly happy with him pulling the white shirt on on Saturday.

If he bags the winner I'd even consider running onto the pitch and kissing him.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:24 pm

Right now we don't have too many options at the sharp end, Hoboh. Maybe if he'd pulled a shirt on last night and scored, there might have been a dust up in the dressing room but we wouldn't have lost. Maybe Lennon should pull a shirt on? :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:33 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:I'm informed by someone who claims to be ITK that Phillips was quietly approached over a month ago about taking over and he didn't want the job this time.
Doesn't surprise me. He's a family friend, admittedly one who I don't see very often since moving away, but a nice chap who's willing to talk about the club to some extent. Anyway he's long said, even when he was caretaker, that he doesn't want a full time manager position. He's never said why, and he doesn't have to, but I'd imagine he doesn't want the stress and pressure that comes with it. In fact I think he's said as much publicly too.

I have no idea why people have the notion that he should just be "given the job" when he's consistently said he's not interested. He wasn't interested when we were doing...ok...last time, so it certainly doesn't surprise me that he doesn't want to be caretaker when we're in the $hit.
I get all that. And I don't think many people are after hiring him permanently when he has indeed said he doesn't want it. But he is the obvious candidate if we need to get the underachieving current herbert out, and we need someone to take over short-term - as caretaker or interim until the end of the season, to take the time to make the right long-term choice. Jimmy's at the club, loves the club, knows the youth players who are going to play an increasingly important role, would have the goodwill of fans who wouldn't blame him if we went down this season, and - here's the key thing - did well last time he sat in for a while.

If he really doesn't want the job, that's fine. But that doesn't mean the idea is inexplicable.

I think I remember his last stint as Caretaker was for 3 games,including 1 against Wolves! Was it= W1 D1 L1?

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:34 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Our away league record under Lennon. For the sake of completeness, we've also played two away Cup games, both drawn.

Was at the first and last matches on that list, what a difference in performance. The giddy optimism most had when NL arrived now seems a very, very distant memory....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:25 pm

aye... someone on a contract to the end of the season with the incentive to keep us up being further employment on a more lucrative and longer deal! or summat...

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:33 pm

I'm amazed that the club have taken their eye off the ball to the extent that they have with the on field stuff. Surely NL now has the worst history of any manager not to get the sack?

It's too late now in any case. We're down and out, but a new man might start to galvanise things before the end and allow for a good start next season.

:shock: Hang on. You said to me that we were going to stay up and said I was being panic fanny!!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:34 pm

twilight wrote:

I'm amazed that the club have taken their eye off the ball to the extent that they have with the on field stuff. Surely NL now has the worst history of any manager not to get the sack?

It's too late now in any case. We're down and out, but a new man might start to galvanise things before the end and allow for a good start next season.

:shock: Hang on. You said to me that we were going to stay up and said I was being panic fanny!!
Is that all? He said I needed shooting for defeatism.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:37 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
twilight wrote:

Yeah he's not said he'll shoot me yet, so I suppose that is worse ......

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:50 pm

twilight wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
twilight wrote:

Sexist.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:18 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
twilight wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
twilight wrote:

Sexist.
Bulletist, technically...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください