Shut the Gate, our horse has bolted - Bristol C (A) 19/03/16

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Shut the Gate, our horse has bolted - Bristol C (A) 19/0

Post by Jugs » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:28 pm

Oh God, that's an atrocious record.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:29 pm

Jugs wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Jugs wrote:I'd even argue he should start giving a kid a go in the nets because this Rachubka is a 34-year-old shit head.
Not many goalkeepers could argue with being dropped after conceding six. Especially not from eight accurate attempts. But is Harry Campbell, at 20 years old, ready?
He's going to have to be. We may as well bed him in now and see what he can do because we might need him next season. Whereas Rachubka can do one. How can you get to 34 and be that bad? Surely someone should have told him to retire a decade ago? Where's he even come from? :P
The next eight games are a complete hiding to nothing - a demoralised, shit, football team, many of whom won't be here next season (some won't even make it to the end of this one), playing out the remainder of a horrific campaign.

If the people who've seen him play rate Campbell give him a chance at the start of next season, don't ruin him now. Let Rachubka take the flak.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:40 pm

Tombwfc wrote:The next eight games are a complete hiding to nothing - a demoralised, shit, football team, many of whom won't be here next season (some won't even make it to the end of this one), playing out the remainder of a horrific campaign.

If the people who've seen him play rate Campbell give him a chance at the start of next season, don't ruin him now. Let Rachubka take the flak.
That makes sense. It's not like the lad has gone on loan somewhere and excelled. I get the "if you're good enough you're old enough", and I get that Rachubka appears incapable of stopping more than two goalbound shots per game, but I'm not sure Campbell will get put in the line of fire.

We'll have to see what happens in the contract shuffle (for a start, unless we can find a patsy we've still got three years of Amos's £16kpw contract).

All things being equal, I think I'd rather get a more experienced goalkeeper over summer – really, you want an experienced spine of GK, centre-back, central midfielder and striker to bring the kids along. Ou est le Keith Branagan de nos jours? I notice a certain J. Jaaskelainen's Wigan contract expires this summer...?

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:53 pm

Worst performance I have ever seen. We just fell apart. Apart from Woolery they deserve no credit whatsoever. The team selection was all wrong. This 4-4-2 is an abomination. All for trying kids and that, but walker(who was poor but at least tried) gets a start from the cold? And no clough when that prick Madine starts? And why change the back four? Wheater is going in the summer, Wilson will probably still be here. Hate to say it but it made no sense at all.

Absolutely pathetic all round, they gave up the ghost. I've never seen such a pitiful performance without heart or fight. We've got a few years in the wilderness boys.

Oh and Madine you useless shithouse. Get the feck out of Bolton.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:01 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:It's literally only a few weeks since folk on here were calling for Amos to be dropped and that Rachubka should be given a go. Something about how we had nowt to lose and that he couldn't be any worse.
I said that. I stick by it. The fact that Rachubka has turned out to not be Christ the Saviour Between the Sticks doesn't reinstate Amos as the Messiah. Especially on the wage difference. Amos in goal today? We'd still have lost.
So now I'm calling for Campbell in goal. Pick the fxcking bones out of that.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:02 pm

Jugs wrote:Oh God, that's an atrocious record.
I know. No goals. The shitc*nt!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:04 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
thebish wrote:this team is a beaten, broke, relegated team... there will be no new start until the board is swept and we begin again in a lower division...

(that is, unless we bin most of them off into the rezzies and basically play a new team of youngsters - keeping Holding as captain...)
I take it your daughter's getting an all-expenses-paid top night out tonight? Helped you dodge a bullet there. :D
ha! - no, but I have made a huge lasagne - her favourite dish... credit where credit's due! (just as well I didn't consult Bobo in advance!!)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:06 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:It's literally only a few weeks since folk on here were calling for Amos to be dropped and that Rachubka should be given a go. Something about how we had nowt to lose and that he couldn't be any worse.

aye - that old "the goalie who isn't picked is ace - bin the one who is" chestnut!

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:06 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
:lol:

He has always been bobbins. But so is our defence. I think if we had Al Habsi (Bayern Munich) in today we'd have conceded 4.

So below par it's ridiculous.

I reckon Feeney legged it down to Ipswich to get away from this hell hole. Bet he still hit someone at the door though.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:06 pm

:-( next season can't come too soon -

it'll be ace, though!! :oyea:
Last edited by thebish on Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:07 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
:lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:08 pm

Dr.Karl wrote: And no clough when that prick Madine starts? And why change the back four? Wheater is going in the summer, Wilson will probably still be here. Hate to say it but it made no sense at all.
Oh and Madine you useless shithouse. Get the feck out of Bolton.
Have to say Doc that I think Clough was being protected a bit against those two Blackpool towers in their defence. We never got forward enough except for high balls which we almost always lost out on, so Clough would almost have been a passenger. Madine was actually no worse than the rest for me, and put one on a plate for Walker to do a Wigan with. A lot of their possession, good though it was was show-pony in their own half to sucker us forward and would have been less effective if we hadn't taken the bait. Away from home and with our cuurent form, we played like a bad schoolboy eleven and they handled us like swatting flies off a jam doughnut.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:11 pm

2 goals in the first half... 4 in the seconmd half...

is it possible *(surely not?) that JP's h/t talks are worse than Lenny's were??? :shock:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:13 pm

Clough might of been dropped for being generally shit last few games. At leadt he's shit and gives a fck. Madine is just shit. Get him out of the club. Infact the fans should use the rest of the games to let people like madine, davies, pratley etc know in no uncertain terms do we want them running their contracts down here.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:17 pm

You know what at the end of the day, they're shit, they'll go, we're here to stay and we're ace and always will be.

League 1 here we come. Get ready feckers cause you aint seen shite like this.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:37 pm

DJBlu wrote:You know what at the end of the day, they're shit, they'll go, we're here to stay and we're ace and always will be.

That's the spirit.

And into what might be a virtual Division Three North featuring Bury, Wigan, Rochdale, Bradford, Fleetwood, Blackpool (or Donny or Oldham) Barnsley, Port Vale, Sheff U, Scunny, Coventry, Shrewsbury and Chesterfield, with the only southerners being Millwall, Southend, Swindon, Peterborough, Northampton, Oxford and Bristol Rovers (unless Accy can catch ‘em)...

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:37 pm

Jugs wrote:
Jugs wrote:I'd even argue he should start giving a kid a go in the nets because this Rachubka is a 34-year-old shit head.
Not many goalkeepers could argue with being dropped after conceding six. Especially not from eight accurate attempts. But is Harry Campbell, at 20 years old, ready?
He's going to have to be. We may as well bed him in now and see what he can do because we might need him next season. Whereas Rachubka can do one. How can you get to 34 and be that bad? Surely someone should have told him to retire a decade ago? Where's he even come from? :P
California! And since then he's been pretty much everywhere in the world. Maybe we're finding out why he doesn't hang around long anywhere! :twisted:

Not much of a goal scoring record as mentioned above. Still, worth a punt up front though??

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:41 pm

DJBlu wrote:You know what at the end of the day, they're shit, they'll go, we're here to stay and we're ace and always will be.

That's the spirit.

And into what might be a virtual Division Three North featuring Bury, Wigan, Rochdale, Bradford, Fleetwood, Blackpool (or Donny or Oldham) Barnsley, Port Vale, Sheff U, Scunny, Coventry, Shrewsbury and Chesterfield, with the only southerners being Millwall, Southend, Swindon, Peterborough, Northampton, Oxford and Bristol Rovers (unless Accy can catch ‘em)...
... and Charlton.

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:46 pm

At Primary school we couldn't find a goalie so all eleven of us had to play 5 minutes in goal each. Was a quandry, if you saved one you might end up there permanently, but if you were rubbish you never got picked for the XI again.
Nowt stopping a professional* team doing that....

*I use the term advisedly if it's related to BW.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:47 pm

Enoch wrote:

That's the spirit.

... and Charlton.
We're likely to be in the same league as Bristol Rovers? The same Bristol Rovers that were in the Conference last season? We are well and truly fecked.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!