Which muppet can we appoint next?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Which muppet can we appoint next?

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:55 pm

bookmakers BetVictor have made Bolton the surprise most likely destination.
Odds of 6/1 are being offered on Neville joining the Championship strugglers, who are almost certain to be playing in League One next term.
It is a three-way tie at 8/1 for Neville's next job to be with Nottingham Forest, England or Aston Villa.
:shock:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:53 pm

Whenever I think of Neil Warnock, I think a slightly better type of Megson and we sure as hell can do without that!

The more I think of Gary Neville the more I get the feeling of a good fit, don't know why, just do.

The fact he played for the Red sox means now't, so did Willie Morgan and Tony Dunne and I enjoyed watching those two as a lad.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:54 pm

thebish wrote:
bookmakers BetVictor have made Bolton the surprise most likely destination.
Odds of 6/1 are being offered on Neville joining the Championship strugglers, who are almost certain to be playing in League One next term.
It is a three-way tie at 8/1 for Neville's next job to be with Nottingham Forest, England or Aston Villa.

And yet, even after years of sitting in front of the telly explaining how I would have set up the team so much better, I don't even rate a mention?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:05 pm

Jimmy Pip sounding determined in the local paper:
I enjoyed it the first time round and I am continually learning. You can either sit still in life or you can develop and since I was last in this role I have developed myself as a person and as a leader. This is a chance to put into practice all the skills I have learned since I finished playing. I’ve held a variety of jobs at this club, all requiring different skillsets, but this is my chance to put them all together and see what comes of it. I think I have improved but let’s hope, more importantly, the team has improved since Bristol City.

gizmothevoomer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gizmothevoomer » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:54 pm

My choice would be the current Gillingham manager Justin Edinburgh, who has done a proper apprenticeship o gt to Gillinghm and has a decent record whereever he has been. Potentially I could see him having a decent career, I suspect the question would be are we an attractive proposition for his ambition.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:20 pm

gizmothevoomer wrote:My choice would be the current Gillingham manager Justin Edinburgh, who has done a proper apprenticeship o gt to Gillinghm and has a decent record whereever he has been. Potentially I could see him having a decent career, I suspect the question would be are we an attractive proposition for his ambition.
An interesting idea. He's very southern - Basildon boy - and Gillingham (his first club above the fourth tier) had to pay Newport compensation when they hired him in Feb 2015, so I doubt they only gave him an 18-month contract. But he's done well there: 45% win ratio, took them up from 20th when Peter Taylor was sacked on New Year's Eve to finish 12th, and they're currently 4th. As you say, it may be that he doesn't particularly want to risk the step backwards of coming to our basket-case club in the freezing north - and I'm damn sure Gills chairman Paul Scally won't be letting him go easily.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:27 am

Was speaking with a coach at Fleetwood Town on Friday night,he reckons they are considering an approach for Phil Brown. It wouldn't surprise me in the least,as they are getting very ambitious! They have just had a training ground built that's easily as good as what we used to own at Euxton.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:43 am

As rumours go, that on smells fishy.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:29 am

Worthy4England wrote:As rumours go, that on smells fishy.

No!! He,s a friend. :lol:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:57 am

At the risk of appearing on @yesthatsthejoke... your fisherman's friend?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:22 pm

Prufrock wrote:At the risk of appearing on @yesthatsthejoke... your fisherman's friend?
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Really ????
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:51 pm

He's just codding you.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:54 pm

Fin.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:59 pm

jonnycooper wrote:They have just had a training ground built that's easily as good as what we used to own at Euxton.

Really?!

Sounds a bit fly, think he's spun you a line, you've taken the bait and he's lured you in.

In modern parlance you might say he was trolling.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:34 pm

I cod you not! :lol:

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:51 pm

Enoch wrote:
jonnycooper wrote:They have just had a training ground built that's easily as good as what we used to own at Euxton.

Really?!

Sounds a bit fly, think he's spun you a line, you've taken the bait and he's lured you in.

In modern parlance you might say he was trolling.

Trolling haha! No,cut me and I bleed BWFC, I just happen to be unfortunate enough to live in fleetwood,and as I,ve posted in other threads I,ll be in the away end next season!! The only stand I,ve not stood in! You,re in for a shock fellas,proper old Skool shed!

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:07 am

I work in Fleetwood and live just down the road, so it'll be a couple of short trips for me next year. I had heard that the money was starting to run out at FT?

On another note, I saw Ched Evans in Fleetwood last week and this adds on to a rumour I heard from a neighbour who claims to be in the know, that he's training with the club at the moment on the very QT.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:48 am

Quote from Phillips in the BN:

“I was going to give young Alex the last 10 minutes but Peter Reid – quite rightly as well – said that Reading were looking to put more balls into the box, particularly at set plays and big Emile (Heskey) was a real asset in defending them.

“It was just ironic that as soon as we got him on the pitch we concede to a great strike.”

Nice one Peter!

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:56 am

Bijou Bob wrote:I work in Fleetwood and live just down the road, so it'll be a couple of short trips for me next year. I had heard that the money was starting to run out at FT?

On another note, I saw Ched Evans in Fleetwood last week and this adds on to a rumour I heard from a neighbour who claims to be in the know, that he's training with the club at the moment on the very QT.
Have,nt heard a peep about this,but I,ll speak to a coach there before the day,s out,don't know about cash running out,the fecker (owner) is just getting richer by the week!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:21 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:Quote from Phillips in the BN:

“I was going to give young Alex the last 10 minutes but Peter Reid – quite rightly as well – said that Reading were looking to put more balls into the box, particularly at set plays and big Emile (Heskey) was a real asset in defending them.

“It was just ironic that as soon as we got him on the pitch we concede to a great strike.”

Nice one Peter!

Reid Out!