For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri May 13, 2016 6:27 pm

Loyal White wrote:Remaining squad

GK: Amos

DF: Moxey, Dervite, Osede, Holding, Wilson, Pisano, Finney, Garratt

MD: Vela, Spearing, Davies, Pratley, Trotter, Walker

FW: Clough, Clayton, Madine, Woolery, Newell, Samizadeh
Hello SkyBet League 2!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri May 13, 2016 6:42 pm

Is it Kevin Davies' birthday today? :wink:
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri May 13, 2016 7:06 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Why aren't Threlkeld and Maher being offered a deal? Iles says they were but then it was withdrawn. Are we really that hard up? If we are building around youth then these two surely are worth keeping? Threlkeld especially has shown ability at league one level.

you've spent many, many, many, many, many weeks telling us we are - why the sudden self-doubt? :D

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri May 13, 2016 7:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Why aren't Threlkeld and Maher being offered a deal? Iles says they were but then it was withdrawn. Are we really that hard up? If we are building around youth then these two surely are worth keeping? Threlkeld especially has shown ability at league one level.
What the fcuk is your problem - you are the biggest drama queen / tart on any forum, give it a rest FFS

I've seen nothing in either player to suggest that they would do anything next season, both are average at best & Iles is a fcuking no nothing joke of a journalist IMO, how does he know that they had offers that were then withdrawn - in fact are you Iles, your both panic fannies (that's if your not the same person)

We won't get promotion with a team of 5 or 6 shit youth players....

I'll say it yet again give the new guys a chance....personally I think that they are going about things in exactly the right manner.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri May 13, 2016 7:17 pm

@officialBWFC "fans who are any good - under 45 - come to ground tomorrow - trials underway" #bringyourownshirt

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri May 13, 2016 7:27 pm

it's sad for some of them - hope they find new places somewhere... this is their livelihood

oscar threlkeld ‏@oscar_threlkeld 22m22 minutes ago
Ive had the best 16 years of my life playing for @OfficialBWFC would like to thank the staff&fans for everything youve done #Onwards&Upwards

Jamie Thomas ‏@jamiethomas40 1h1 hour ago
Had a great 5 years at @OfficialBWFC thank you to all the staff who helped me and the fans that believed in me

and danns - who hasn't got used to the twitter character limit!

neil danns Verified account
‏@dannzy1
Thanks for the messages been a pleasure and honour to play for a club with so much history thanks to everyone involved at Bwfc. I wish the

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri May 13, 2016 8:00 pm

Rosicky, Arteta and Flamini are all now available...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 13, 2016 8:29 pm

http://bit.ly/1NtqjLb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Deano discusses released list. Fair play for being open and honest and naming players with reasons.

Threlkeld and Maher were clearly to save money.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 13, 2016 8:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:http://bit.ly/1NtqjLb

Deano discusses released list. Fair play for being open and honest and naming players with reasons.

To pay Darren F&cking Pratley. Ah man, that's genuinely upsetting. The senior releases I can understand and agree with, but I really feel for Maher and Threlkeld who have given so many years. We won't find replacements for such adaptable players who can play multiple positions for anything like as little as they were on, so obviously we're very tight indeed for cash.

Got to get those leeches out of the club.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 13, 2016 8:45 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Maybe they didn't want to stay here?

And who can blame them?
Doesn't sound like they're glad to leave. If it's true that offers were withdrawn, they didn't get the choice.

Someone has tweeted that Jamie Thomas and Harry Campbell were also offered a year's contract which was also withdrawn. Jamie Thomas 'liked' the tweet, and it wasn't the kind of tweet you applaud.

This feels very bad.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri May 13, 2016 9:02 pm

Shame to see the youngsters go. If anything they had put in a good shift since getting into the side at the tail end of the season even if it wasn't reflected well in the results.

I would imagine its largely down to not being able to move players on and not being able to tie up additional funding.

Whichever way you look at it to have players like Threlkeld leave on a free after giving good accounts of themselves elsewhere seems like a wasted opportunity (as opposed to Andy Kellett for example).

Always thought Wheater was an alright defender who was worth having around in the Premiership / Championship. Not worth his wages in the next tier but a little sad to see him go on such a dour note. Danns again was interesting to watch at times but never really was consistently playing at a high level.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri May 13, 2016 9:15 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:http://bit.ly/1NtqjLb

Really Biggins, where is this piece that DH says that we had to release Threlkeid & Maher to save £1k a week

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri May 13, 2016 9:27 pm

We're broke. I get that. But too broke to keep young, half-decent for the level youngsters ? If that's the case how the hell could we add fresh players to the squad even once the ban is lifted ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri May 13, 2016 9:48 pm

Quade Taylor's the one I had the highest hopes for. :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

Rjs37
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rjs37 » Fri May 13, 2016 9:52 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:You're brave.

This'll probably be the most gut wrenching and soul destroying transfer thread in years.
And with today's announcement - alongside the probably sale of Holding - this prediction has come to pass.

Well maybe not soul destroying, but certainly disappointing to see us lose (get rid of) several promising youngsters.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 13, 2016 10:11 pm

bobo the clown wrote:We're broke. I get that. But too broke to keep young, half-decent for the level youngsters ? If that's the case how the hell could we add fresh players to the squad even once the ban is lifted ?
If we are that broke there is zero chance the league will lift the ban.

I suspect that everything hinges on selling a couple of our better youngsters to raise some cash. I guess they wanted every wage off the books possible to allow for room for a couple of additions should they sell Holding et al. Because we know the big earners are unlikely to go and create the room.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri May 13, 2016 10:14 pm

This thread is beginning to make Plymouth's transfer window thread look like a huge success. Pru out!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri May 13, 2016 10:23 pm

Deanno on releasing players: "Ken and I have sat down and discussed many options." So, can we put to bed the suspicion that they don't get on?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Fri May 13, 2016 10:24 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:This thread is beginning to make Plymouth's transfer window thread look like a huge success. Pru out!

:oyea:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat May 14, 2016 6:27 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
Maybe they didn't want to stay here?

And who can blame them?
Doesn't sound like they're glad to leave. If it's true that offers were withdrawn, they didn't get the choice.

Someone has tweeted that Jamie Thomas and Harry Campbell were also offered a year's contract which was also withdrawn. Jamie Thomas 'liked' the tweet, and it wasn't the kind of tweet you applaud.

This feels very bad.
I've no idea either way but we clearly thought we could afford them when we offered them a new deal, so it seems odd to me that the offers were then later withdrawn on the grounds of affordability. :?
Businesswoman of the year.