Which muppet can we appoint next?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Which muppet can we appoint next?

Post by LeverEnd » Sun May 15, 2016 1:09 pm

Whookam wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Whookam wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:http://bit.ly/24SZbcL
I think we can take it as a given that there were debts or costs unknown to the new owners prior to the takeover based on these comments.
and whose fault is that?
I've no idea. Have you? I'm not being a dick, it's a genuine question.
It's theirs. They will have had access to all accounts and commitments of the club prior to finalising the takeover.
That would be my suspicion too but I really have no cue what to believe anymore. They seem anything but the great saviours. Dean naive in the extreme and Anderson dodgy as fcuk would be my call. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun May 15, 2016 1:22 pm

It's possible that nobody is entirely to blame and nobody entirely blameless.

It's possible that Eddie suddenly got very selfish in withdrawing without warning; that Gartside gambled on promotion or hoped for the best when doing things like giving Amos a £3.3m contract; that Holdsworth means well but is in above his head; that Anderson's (pledge of) money kept us out of admin but he's a loose-lipped world-promiser also out of his depth.

I know humans like a narrative with goodies and baddies but I'm currently reading that this won't have a happy ending.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun May 15, 2016 1:25 pm

During a "due diligence" ... & fck knows it took long enough ... it's a requirement that the seller's shows all. They can't hide stuff. It's the buyer's responsibility to dig deep & ask the right questions. They can't later say " oh, I didn't realise".

Unless Eddie D actually did HIDE stuff then once the buyer signs they've taken it all on, warts & all.

I suspect some extra funds they anticipated weren't forthcoming. I'm still of ghe view that Anderson's game is to sell on once he's cleared up the mess. What Davies gave over for a peppercorn remains a valuable property. He ran out of time to find a competent buyer. Anderson has some breathing space. But no ... he has history & I can't really trust him.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun May 15, 2016 1:31 pm

They were a bunch of chancers before they arrived. Eddie Davies was a self made millionaire. What's changed to make people think they'd suddenly start doing things differently to the that which got them to this stage in life?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Sun May 15, 2016 1:32 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Whookam wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Whookam wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:http://bit.ly/24SZbcL
I think we can take it as a given that there were debts or costs unknown to the new owners prior to the takeover based on these comments.
and whose fault is that?
I've no idea. Have you? I'm not being a dick, it's a genuine question.
It's theirs. They will have had access to all accounts and commitments of the club prior to finalising the takeover.
As Holdsworth says, the club was three minutes from admin. Doesn't sound like they had a proper period of due diligence.
I suspect they will have had chance to look at the books before then. If not, and they still went ahead with it, I have no sympathy.

Also I have some beans they can buy.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun May 15, 2016 1:33 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:As we've got nowt better to do, I'd be intrigued to hear other posters' checklists – and what they see as most important.
Someone who knows when he's dropped the ball and is not too stubborn to change things.

Runs a tight ship but keeps the players on board.

Knows who he needs as his backroom team.

Ambitious, or at least prides himself on a good job.

Don't really give a monkey's if he 'knows the division' or not, he's a job to do, just 'knowing the division' could be short sighted if we get promoted.

I don't care if he's called Lucifer (mind you that's a bit of a fairy name :mrgreen: )

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 15, 2016 1:35 pm

bobo the clown wrote:During a "due diligence" ... & fck knows it took long enough ... it's a requirement that the seller's shows all. They can't hide stuff. It's the buyer's responsibility to dig deep & ask the right questions. They can't later say " oh, I didn't realise".

Unless Eddie D actually did HIDE stuff then once the buyer signs they've taken it all on, warts & all.

I suspect some extra funds they anticipated weren't forthcoming. I'm still of ghe view that Anderson's game is to sell on once he's cleared up the mess. What Davies gave over for a peppercorn remains a valuable property. He ran out of time to find a competent buyer. Anderson has some breathing space. But no ... he has history & I can't really trust him.
How do you know how long due diligence went on for? At what point was full disclosure actually agreed?

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Sun May 15, 2016 1:35 pm

bobo the clown wrote: I suspect some extra funds they anticipated weren't forthcoming.
This seem far more likely than unexpected debts or costs IMO.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun May 15, 2016 1:37 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
enrdentw wrote:Couldn't give two hoots about his controversial past or character
Not directly related to Evans, but I'm with you here. Fcuk me, it's like listening to the wife shopping for shoes this thread. Will those go with my nice floral number? Who gives a fcuk. Just get us out of this Division in an upwards direction.
Any more of your smarmy remarks about the EU, your wife gets to see this post :lol:

You'll lose a lot more than leaving would. :wink:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun May 15, 2016 1:37 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:During a "due diligence" ... & fck knows it took long enough ... it's a requirement that the seller's shows all. They can't hide stuff. It's the buyer's responsibility to dig deep & ask the right questions. They can't later say " oh, I didn't realise".

How do you know how long due diligence went on for? At what point was full disclosure actually agreed?
It went on long enough for them to agree to buy the club.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 15, 2016 1:40 pm

I'm with this. There's always things that come out post Due Diligence. Even where everyone has been fully open and co-operative with each other. Not seen a Contract yet where that hasn't happened. Post Contract Validation sometimes helps, but wouldn't work well in a Sale transaction - I would have been looking to Contractually tie Davies in to a baseline opex cost, for any term related opex Contracts/Loans/Costs the Club was reliant on, with him picking up any delta, given he's still part of the Club's ownership albeit as a lender. Sort gives the vendor a reason to highlight them.

If you're concerned that some unknowns will are likely to present themselves, then don't sign, or ensure you've got a risk pot too in your budget, when you're working out if you have enough in the piggy bank.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 15, 2016 1:41 pm

Prufrock wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Which is what counts.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 15, 2016 1:47 pm

Prufrock wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Which given we know the time pressure surrounding the deal towards the end probably was entirely insufficient.

Especially if we take Holdsworth at his word and accept their side was mainly concerned with saving the club from admin.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 15, 2016 1:50 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Which given we know the time pressure surrounding the deal towards the end probably was entirely insufficient.

Especially if we take Holdsworth at his word and accept their side was mainly concerned with saving the club from admin.
Not their problem until they decided to sign the paperwork. It was firmly somebody else's problem. Should have let us go into Admin if they were in doubt.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 15, 2016 1:56 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Not their problem until they decided to sign the paperwork. It was firmly somebody else's problem. Should have let us go into Admin if they were in doubt.
Football though. I believe Holdsworth when he says he wanted to save the club from that.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 15, 2016 2:01 pm

Me too. So he should have made sure he could afford to. I wanted to save us from admin but didn't have the spare change hanging around.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun May 15, 2016 2:05 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Me too. So he should have made sure he could afford to. I wanted to save us from admin but didn't have the spare change hanging around.
All tied up in Panama?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 15, 2016 2:08 pm

Enoch wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Me too. So he should have made sure he could afford to. I wanted to save us from admin but didn't have the spare change hanging around.
All tied up in Panama?
I get the odd letter from BVI (once a month) ;-)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun May 15, 2016 2:11 pm

Prufrock wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Well, precisely.

Holdsworth/Anderson were given "preferred seller" staus weeks & weeks before the final agreement. At the end of the day this is a football club not a multi-national manufacturing business. It's not THAT complicated an exercise. There aren't THAT many details. The weeks they had was plenty.

Oh ... & btw ... if Davies did hide something (as opposed to Anderson didn't seek it or recognise it) then they'll sue the sh!t out of him and he'll be debarred from any directorship for years. It'd be fraud & potentially jailable.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun May 15, 2016 2:13 pm

bobo the clown wrote:...then they'll sue the sh!t out of him and he'll be debarred from any directorship for years. It'd be fraud & potentially jailable.
Something Anderson, of course, will be well aware of.