Which muppet can we appoint next?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Which muppet can we appoint next?

Post by Prufrock » Mon May 23, 2016 4:56 pm

Why would you f*ck your brother's wife?

Not all of Ryan's decisions re: cocks and bacon-slicers make sense!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 23, 2016 5:02 pm

Prufrock wrote:Why would you f*ck your brother's wife?

I've never actually seen the lass in question but I bet she's more attractive than the idea of managing a club without a pot to piss in whose fans all seem to viscerally despise the club he's represented for 30 years.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon May 23, 2016 8:04 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:The Clown made an excellent point to me recently around Giggs, which was that since the age of 17, he's been on tens of thousands a week, playing at the top level. He's now had a season coaching at the top level at which he has arguably failed. He presumably therefore, has no idea what motivates lower league players, what is required to play at a lower level or the tactics and graft that might be needed to win.

Oh, and he's red scum.
Well argued that man.

I fail to see how ANY manager (who's not utterly desparate) would come until our signing ban is lifted and there's some clarity of the money front.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon May 23, 2016 8:30 pm

I note that Neil Warnock is not red sum. Or indeed Ryan Giggs. JSL.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Devon White
Promising
Promising

Post by Devon White » Mon May 23, 2016 9:06 pm

:lol: Oh Pru.
I think it will be Alan Stubbs, should I put a tenner on ?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon May 23, 2016 9:35 pm

Devon White wrote:
That is highly dependant on a whole series of factors .... not least amongst which is the condition of your brothers wife tbf.

Any photos of her ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 23, 2016 9:57 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Devon White wrote:
That is highly dependant on a whole series of factors .... not least amongst which is the condition of your brothers wife tbf.

Any photos of her ??
Actually in some cases, if your brother was a complete not reet, you might close yer eyes and go for it just for shitz n giggles.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon May 23, 2016 9:59 pm

Adkins or I riot
Pfffft.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 23, 2016 9:59 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Adkins or I riot
I predict a riot.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon May 23, 2016 10:15 pm

Given the financial situation it's only going to appeal to those who are unlikely to get a job elsewhere. For Blackpool it was Neil Mcdonald. Adkins, Stubbs etc aren't in the last chance saloon yet. Reid most certainly is.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

gizmothevoomer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gizmothevoomer » Mon May 23, 2016 10:28 pm

Just to recap some of the potential problems we may have in attracting leading candidates.

Transfer embargo.

Potential hole in finances due to one of the owners not putting money in as promised.

Club in a sustained period of decline.

Looks like we will end up with Dean Holdsworth holding every position in the club.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon May 23, 2016 10:30 pm

gizmothevoomer wrote:Just to recap some of the potential problems we may have in attracting leading candidates.

Transfer embargo.

Potential hole in finances due to one of the owners not putting money in as promised.

Looks like we will end up with Dean Holdsworth holding every position in the club.
Looks like it'll be Reid. State the club's in that's OK by me. Get him appointed and get on with it. Brief - keep us 13 points above the relegation places so we can ride the likely deduction.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 23, 2016 10:32 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
gizmothevoomer wrote:Just to recap some of the potential problems we may have in attracting leading candidates.

Transfer embargo.

Looks like it'll be Reid. State the club's in that's OK by me. Get him appointed and get on with it. Brief - keep us 13 points above the relegation places so we can ride the likely deduction.
Would Reid even want it? Not sure that anyone would take a role with owners who are working against each other.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon May 23, 2016 11:10 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Devon White wrote:

Any photos of her ??
Actually in some cases, if your brother was a complete not reet, you might close yer eyes and go for it just for shitz n giggles.
Ah. The voice of experience.

Follow your master, Young Grasshopper, Pru.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 24, 2016 9:12 am

Morning round-up from Iles on the BN. Nothing that earth-shattering (and understandably no quotes, so don't bother reading on if you think he's a waste of ink) but in short:

• Kevin Phillips is one of the young coaches who could be brought in under Reid (if Reid’s hired). KP is on a one-year rolling contract at Derby so would cost compo
• Kevin Nolan is a similar possibility but is also under contract at Orient so would also cost compo
• Nigel Adkins on our interview list but is talking to Charlton
• Neil Redfearn “made contact” but is “in the frame” at Blackburn
• Steve Evans “would be considered” if Leeds sack him
• However “it remains to be seen whether the interviews which were pencilled in for this week will actually take place” due to “strained” KA/DH relationship
• Reid is in the box seat because he wouldn't cost compo and already knows the players - important as there's "no sign of the transfer embargo being lifted"

...oh and on Twitter Iles says that KA has the casting vote in this 50/50 marriage of inconvenience - but only if he comes up with the cash. <Drums fingers on table>

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 24, 2016 9:26 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Morning round-up from Iles on the BN. Nothing that earth-shattering (and understandably no quotes, so don't bother reading on if you think he's a waste of ink) but in short:

• Kevin Phillips is one of the young coaches who could be brought in under Reid (if Reid’s hired). KP is on a one-year rolling contract at Derby so would cost compo
• Kevin Nolan is a similar possibility but is also under contract at Orient so would also cost compo
• Nigel Adkins on our interview list but is talking to Charlton
• Neil Redfearn “made contact” but is “in the frame” at Blackburn
• Steve Evans “would be considered” if Leeds sack him
• However “it remains to be seen whether the interviews which were pencilled in for this week will actually take place” due to “strained” KA/DH relationship
• Reid is in the box seat because he wouldn't cost compo and already knows the players - important as there's "no sign of the transfer embargo being lifted"

...oh and on Twitter Iles says that KA has the casting vote in this 50/50 marriage of inconvenience - but only if he comes up with the cash. <Drums fingers on table>
The last part is intriguing. Wonder how desperate Deano was when Gordon pulled out to get the deal done? Sound like he gave away a lot. To lose the casting vote is odd under the circumstances.

They either need to kiss and make up very quickly or one needs to buy the other out. Either way they need to get a move on sharpish.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 24, 2016 9:59 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:They either need to kiss and make up very quickly or one needs to buy the other out. Either way they need to get a move on sharpish.
Careful what you wish for: there's an internetz rumour (not by a journalist) that Deano wants to sell his share to Ken. As Iles points out, that wouldn't make any sense as Ken has the casting vote anyway and would have to pony up cash, which doesn't seem to be a strong point.

At the moment, it feels like we've got Deano with the inclination but not the cash, Ken with the inclination and the promise but not yet the cash. And while it might seem petty, it looks a lot like our cashlessness will decide the identity of our next manager, not to mention whether we go into next season with a bare-bones squad which has now also been denuded of some of the most promising Academy graduates. If we can't get out of embargo (and we sell Holding) we're going into next season with three centre-backs (Dervite, Derik and Finney).

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 24, 2016 10:13 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:They either need to kiss and make up very quickly or one needs to buy the other out. Either way they need to get a move on sharpish.
Careful what you wish for: there's an internetz rumour (not by a journalist) that Deano wants to sell his share to Ken. As Iles points out, that wouldn't make any sense as Ken has the casting vote anyway and would have to pony up cash, which doesn't seem to be a strong point.

At the moment, it feels like we've got Deano with the inclination but not the cash, Ken with the inclination and the promise but not yet the cash. And while it might seem petty, it looks a lot like our cashlessness will decide the identity of our next manager, not to mention whether we go into next season with a bare-bones squad which has now also been denuded of some of the most promising Academy graduates. If we can't get out of embargo (and we sell Holding) we're going into next season with three centre-backs (Dervite, Derik and Finney).
That rumour makes sense to me as Deano is not playing with his own money. So I suspect he sees this as a shit show and is worried about repaying his loan. Getting out is probably what makes sense for him financially.

I like Deano and think he has the best interests of the club at heart but clearly hasn't got access to lots of money.

Ken may have access to more cash, but does he want to put the cash into the club? Doesn't seem like it.

Before manager/embargo worries, we need these two to somehow find a way of working. I'm not exactly holding my breath....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 24, 2016 10:23 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:there's an internetz rumour (not by a journalist) that Deano wants to sell his share to Ken. As Iles points out, that wouldn't make any sense as Ken has the casting vote anyway and would have to pony up cash, which doesn't seem to be a strong point.
That rumour makes sense to me as Deano is not playing with his own money. So I suspect he sees this as a shit show and is worried about repaying his loan. Getting out is probably what makes sense for him financially.
Might make sense for Deano but not for Ken, who has the whip hand anyway without spending any more money.
BWFC_Insane wrote:I like Deano and think he has the best interests of the club at heart but clearly hasn't got access to lots of money.

Ken may have access to more cash, but does he want to put the cash into the club? Doesn't seem like it.

Before manager/embargo worries, we need these two to somehow find a way of working. I'm not exactly holding my breath....
I agree with most of that, although I'm not sure I can extricate the manager/embargo imbroglio from the working-together woes: either way, it feels like we're waiting for Ken. Until he stumps up the cash to pay the players - don't forget the 21 releasees are still contracted to the end of June - we can't move on, we can't find a way of working together, we can't get out of embargo, we can't find a manager. Your move, Ken.

(Edited to remove quote mashup)
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Tue May 24, 2016 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 24, 2016 10:27 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:[quote="Dave Sutton's barnet"there's an internetz rumour (not by a journalist) that Deano wants to sell his share to Ken. As Iles points out, that wouldn't make any sense as Ken has the casting vote anyway and would have to pony up cash, which doesn't seem to be a strong point.
Might make sense for Deano but not for Ken, who has the whip hand anyway without spending any more money.
BWFC_Insane wrote:I like Deano and think he has the best interests of the club at heart but clearly hasn't got access to lots of money.

I agree with most of that, although I'm not sure I can extricate the manager/embargo imbroglio from the working-together woes: either way, it feels like we're waiting for Ken. Until he stumps up the cash to pay the players - don't forget the 21 releasees are still contracted to the end of June - we can't move on, we can't find a way of working together, we can't get out of embargo, we can't find a manager. Your move, Ken.[/quote]

What if KA is looking for a quick profit? Sell the club to anyone for some extra cash? Buying Deano out would make sense then. Would also make sense as to why he's reluctant to invest money in. He did something similar at Southampton IIRC....