Fleetwood Town (h) match thread 20/08/16

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Fleetwood Town (h) match thread 20/08/16

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:55 pm

Today was not a good performance, but it was a spirited comeback. We haven't played particularly well in any of the 3 games I've seen and there are glaring deficiencies in the squad and a lack of depth.
However if Parkinson can ring 1 goal wins out of what we've got, while hes still working out his squad, he'll do for me. This bodes really well for the future.
My mate was sitting next to me muttering about Parkinson dishing out bollockings at half time. I'm sure he can but doubt that's his style. I think he reassures and constructively advises and it worked. A sensible manager saves the rants for when they are really needed or people stop listening. See Lennon, N.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:03 pm

Definitley a game of two halves. Less said about the first the better...

Woolery was a big influence, pace keeps defenders busy. Flyffed his lines twice but he was in there. Madine was decent imo, worked hard and inflienced the game. Got hishead on plenty (nearly scored with a cracking header) and got feck all out of the ref. Wilkinson, not sure what he has over tom eaves but unfair to judge yet.

Issue for me is 442 diamond with trotter. He's too slow. Difference between the right side, where vela I think may have found his position, and the left there for all to see. Moxey wasnt great but all to often had no help - mark davies was pulling the strings centrally, spearing sits (lost his man a few times today but clearly a cut above at this level) and trotter...well not sure. He just isnt mobile enough.

Defence solid, buxtons either sliw or not yet fully fit imo but he gets the defensive bit right. Wheater superb, top man for me. Beevers looked at fault for the gosl(?) but solid apart from that.

Its great to not play that well and win. On balance of play I think it would be hard to argue they didnt deserve a point, but feck that, we got the 3. 100% record continues 8)

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:04 pm

Oh yeah...zac clough, max clayton. Made of glass?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:07 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Today was not a good performance, but it was a spirited comeback. We haven't played particularly well in any of the 3 games I've seen and there are glaring deficiencies in the squad and a lack of depth.
However if Parkinson can ring 1 goal wins out of what we've got, while hes still working out his squad, he'll do for me. This bodes really well for the future.
My mate was sitting next to me muttering about Parkinson dishing out bollockings at half time. I'm sure he can but doubt that's his style. I think he reassures and constructively advises and it worked. A sensible manager saves the rants for when they are really needed or people stop listening. See Lennon, N.
Add someone with pace to play across the top, possibly out wide.

After that I think we look not too bad. Doubt our squad depth is much worse than most in this league.

I mean end of the day the diamond is allowing us to play two up. So it is currently working. We do need another pace option but if we got one I think we'd have to be happy with that squad for this league.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:08 pm

twilight wrote:Yes Plymouth there were a few boos at HT

A few charlies then! Hardly seems fair!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:21 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
twilight wrote:Yes Plymouth there were a few boos at HT

A few charlies then! Hardly seems fair!
IMO they deserved the boos at half time because they were absolutely dire, but that's only a personal opinion -it wasn't everyone by any means and it was a minority but it was loud enough & I'm sure the players heard it - perhaps this contributed a little to the players very much improved & more committed 2nd half performance, because they were so off the pace in the 1st half they really were.

They also deserved the applause & non stop support that they got in the 2nd half and at the end of the game, for the way they performed in the 2nd half....the fans will back the team all the time when they put in the effort & show some desire, 1st half they put little effort or energy in and just went through the motions.

But like many said on leaving the Bok today - its good to be able to keep snatching these wins when not playing that well.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:49 pm

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/10 ... -fleetwood" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Goals, UK only.

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:36 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
IMO they deserved the boos at half time because they were absolutely dire,
This early in the season, with a new manager, when we're top of the League? :crazy:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:38 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
IMO they deserved the boos at half time because they were absolutely dire,

wheras at f/t they deserved the booze! keep it up lads! COYW!!! :oyea:

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:42 pm

it's all about opinions, but taking everything into consideration,they didn't deserve to be booed! small minority I know...but still!

if booing helped, then we should've got promoted last season!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:52 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:it's all about opinions, but taking everything into consideration,they didn't deserve to be booed! small minority I know...but still!

aye - it's a bag of toss to be booing after 45mins of football while we sit at the to of the table on maximum points...

of course people should be allowed to - but it doesn't stop it being a bag of toss to do so...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:18 pm

thebish wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:it's all about opinions, but taking everything into consideration,they didn't deserve to be booed! small minority I know...but still!

aye - it's a bag of toss to be booing after 45mins of football while we sit at the to of the table on maximum points...

of course people should be allowed to - but it doesn't stop it being a bag of toss to do so...
Exactly. Given the position we were in its a joke but it was only a few. Would prefer none of course. Plenty of support 2nd half because the players earned it.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:31 pm

thebish wrote:

It was bollocks. I mean we'd not played that well, but we were only 1 down and they were hardly ripping us apart. Wasn't a lack of effort either, just needed a few tweaks.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:08 pm

A whole rake of pics of the game from BN.
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14 ... ef=mr&lp=4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:19 pm

"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:54 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Highlights for foreigners. :wink:
First view of these. Quite a hit by Vela. Well done lad.

... & that corner from Vela, for our first. Clearing the first man and all that. Bravo.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:16 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

... & that corner from Vela, for our first. Clearing the first man and all that. Bravo.
Spearing...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

Spearing...
That's who I meant. :oops:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:29 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

Spearing...
That's who I meant. :oops:
:lol:

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:04 am

The game changed when Clough went off to be fair.

Woolery offers much more at this level. I think Clough is a good player, just maybe better suited to a better quality of football.

They looked scared of Woolery and a we seemed to make inroads further up the pitch because they were scared of him getting in behind.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...