Under The Influence.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Under The Influence.

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:40 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Harry Bassett summed up David Lee to perfection. He said that he was either man of the match or a waste of a shirt. Too often he was the latter for me.
Aye - think that's true too, but in terms of influence, all them Cup games where we were giant killing and stuff, stand out and Lee played his part. :-)
That's the whole debate.

Was Fabian DeFreitas sh*te?

Yes.

Did he score two really important goals at Wembley?

Also yes.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:54 pm

Andy Waller wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Harry Bassett summed up David Lee to perfection. He said that he was either man of the match or a waste of a shirt. Too often he was the latter for me.
Aye - think that's true too, but in terms of influence, all them Cup games where we were giant killing and stuff, stand out and Lee played his part. :-)
That's the whole debate.

Was Fabian DeFreitas sh*te?

Yes.

Did he score two really important goals at Wembley?

Also yes.
The then left-back once told me that they couldn't get the ball off of DeFreitas in training, and everyone was at a loss as to how come he simply couldn't perform in matches.

BTW, the only influence I've ever seen Phil Brown have was he influenced the promising young full back, Nicky Hunt, to play the position as badly as he did.
May the bridges I burn light your way

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:45 pm

Can't believe that no one has mentioned the catalyst that was ANDY WALKER - he lit the blue touch paper for everything else that followed
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin: