I'll Just Leave These Here...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: I'll Just Leave These Here...

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Yes this is in my view exactly it.

He hasn't ruled himself out. And his initial quotes screamed that he would like it, without burning his bridges.

If he didn't have links to Bolton and Deano then I think the chances are he'd not have much interest in trading a good thing at Southend for a far less certain future here.

what??? I thought your view was that our stadium and fan-base made Bolton an obvious no-brainer choice for Brownie! Now you seem to be saying that those things wouldn't sway him at all - and it's about previous links to Deano and the club...

(which sounds a lot more like what I said when i said that if he came back it would be for personal financial reasons and/or emotional reasons.)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:07 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:TBH our last two poach-ees have hardly been soaraway successes.

I'd rather we scout further afield and try and unearth our own gem.

All respect to Browny I wouldn't want to see him down the road in 18 months time with a relegation to League 2 on hic C.V.

aye - I think I agree... Whilst there must be incidences where "going back" to a club has been a roaring success - I still instinctively (and with no factual basis whatsoever!) shy away from the idea of turning back the clock...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:20 pm

Frandsen, P.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:34 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:TBH our last two poach-ees have hardly been soaraway successes.

I'd rather we scout further afield and try and unearth our own gem.

All respect to Browny I wouldn't want to see him down the road in 18 months time with a relegation to League 2 on hic C.V.
This. We're skint, let's go for a cheaper currently unemployed option and one that doesn't pee off another clubs fans.

SKD anyone?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:20 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Frandsen, P.
Aye.. One of the incidences allowed for - most def...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:41 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Yes this is in my view exactly it.

He hasn't ruled himself out. And his initial quotes screamed that he would like it, without burning his bridges.

If he didn't have links to Bolton and Deano then I think the chances are he'd not have much interest in trading a good thing at Southend for a far less certain future here.

what??? I thought your view was that our stadium and fan-base made Bolton an obvious no-brainer choice for Brownie! Now you seem to be saying that those things wouldn't sway him at all - and it's about previous links to Deano and the club...

(which sounds a lot more like what I said when i said that if he came back it would be for personal financial reasons and/or emotional reasons.)
We are a bigger club with greater chance of getting back to the top flight in the long run.

But we are a risk right now. Can imagine many managers would bank on a safer thing even if that doesn't have the same reward.

But for any current manager of a league one club if they fancy a gamble we probably have more long term potential than a fair few down there. Equally though we could find ourselves back in financial trouble and in league 2. That is the risk here.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:42 pm

So, your view is more flip-floppy than a particularly floppy and flippy pair of flip flops at Flip Flop Beach, Floppyshire.

I'll ask again in 48 hours.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:16 am

Thought this was worth a bump - remember when we were chasing Browny?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:22 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Thought this was worth a bump - remember when we were chasing Browny?

FNARRRRR!!!!!!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:58 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Thought this was worth a bump - remember when we were chasing Browny?
WE?!?! ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:06 pm

This reminds me - what's happened to Bobo & Bish? And the Leopard too?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:13 pm

Do you know i was trying to work out why it was so quiet - it seems bish and bobo havent posted since last september if i have checked correctly - fell out in the politics thread. Precisely why I tend to keep it bwfc!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:15 am

officer_dibble wrote:Do you know i was trying to work out why it was so quiet - it seems bish and bobo havent posted since last september if i have checked correctly - fell out in the politics thread. Precisely why I tend to keep it bwfc!
A shame, as I liked both; I've known the Bish for years, have never met Bobo, but liked reading their posts. And yeah, I tend to only habituate The Trotters, partly because of time constraints, but also because I don't want to have my regard for posters diminished by their opinions on irrelevant subjects.

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:01 pm

If we're talking absenteeism here, I'm just popping my neb in to re-confirm existence. Well mine anyway.

Don't worry, the next time we play Arsenal I'll write another match report.