Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:From Ken's article in the paper today (and from his interview on radio Manc which the article is a transcript of) this bit jumped out at me:
Until Dean resolves that issue it not something where I would put money in and not take it out because I only make BluMarble’s position more secure than mine or the club’s.
Is this essentially saying that BluMarble think they own a portion of the club now? Not sure how else to read that.
He's in a bit of a no win situation to be fair. He owns shares, but I don't think he has any formal "loans" in the Club backed by any secured assets.

If he lobbed (for arguments sake) £5m in and before he took it back out, the Club went into liquidation, then he'd be stuffed against any of the Creditors that were covered by formal charges.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:29 pm

That's how I'd read it too, he doesn't feel he can risk leaving it in in case it goes wrong.

Do we not have 'owt left he could secure against?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:30 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:From Ken's article in the paper today (and from his interview on radio Manc which the article is a transcript of) this bit jumped out at me:
Until Dean resolves that issue it not something where I would put money in and not take it out because I only make BluMarble’s position more secure than mine or the club’s.
Is this essentially saying that BluMarble think they own a portion of the club now? Not sure how else to read that.
He's in a bit of a no win situation to be fair. He owns shares, but I don't think he has any formal "loans" in the Club backed by any secured assets.

If he lobbed (for arguments sake) £5m in and before he took it back out, the Club went into liquidation, then he'd be stuffed against any of the Creditors that were covered by formal charges.
Aye, but it was the comment that putting money in would strengthen BluMarble's position, that got me wondering....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:58 pm

It looks to me like he's arguing that the Blumarble thing is nothing to do with Burnden Leisure (as Sports Shield had the facility agreement) and that in any event Burnden Leisure doesn't have the funds to pay. Whilst that might be his point of view (clearly on uncertain ground at the moment), then removing the argument that Burnden Leisure didn't have the funds to pay (by putting money in) would indeed strengthen Blumarble's position, no?

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:16 pm

Worthy4England wrote:It looks to me like he's arguing that the Blumarble thing is nothing to do with Burnden Leisure (as Sports Shield had the facility agreement) and that in any event Burnden Leisure doesn't have the funds to pay. Whilst that might be his point of view (clearly on uncertain ground at the moment), then removing the argument that Burnden Leisure didn't have the funds to pay (by putting money in) would indeed strengthen Blumarble's position, no?
That was my interpetation. KA is arguing that when Sports Shield took out the loan they had no authority to secure the loan against assets owned at that time by Burnden Leisure. Whether that is legally the case I have no idea.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:31 pm

Aye. Security doesn't come into it if the cash is there.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:39 am

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/150 ... ring_firm/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:45 pm

No press from Ken for a few days now :shock:

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:46 pm

Cryptic tweet from Kathy Lloyd tonight about there being good news on the way tomorrow. Hopefully we're moving somewhere towards stability

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:01 pm

jimbo wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:46 pm
Cryptic tweet from Kathy Lloyd tonight about there being good news on the way tomorrow. Hopefully we're moving somewhere towards stability
Depending on whether your surname is Holdsworth or Anderson I suppose.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:38 am

Ken certainly divides opinion, he even divides my own opinion! Is he a shady dodgy dealing ex agent, with a dubious business history, who doesn't deliver what he promises, or someone who has decided this a project he wants to give 100% to and is doing lots of hard work behind the scenes to help us recover from a perilous financial position?

The latest articles in the BEN have me veering towards the latter, for now.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... _Anderson/

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... _optimism/

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:47 pm

BIG BREAKING NEWS from Iles' Twitter:

"Ken Anderson claims he has received notice from Dean Holdsworth that he will sell his shares. Full story coming up soon... #bwfc"

UPDATE Marc's BN story is live
Ken said rather than wrote:We have met the last few games, been very friendly, very amicable. I received a letter from his solicitors late last night saying that he had agreed to sell his shares to me.

Hopefully this time it will go through. We have been here four times. Hopefully there is a will do that this time. Dean has expressed a will to work how we were first time, when we met, put the recent traumas and events behind us.

Dean and I have both seen that positives have come out in the last few months, all around the club with the academy, the ladies football, the international football – all of these things are big pluses for us. We need everyone together to get this over the line.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:50 pm

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:10 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:50 pm
Seems like the deal is done.

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/2016 ... 31750.aspx
Aye. Just read that. Refresh me,if you'd be so good. Who are Inner Circle Investments?
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:12 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:10 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Aye. Just read that. Refresh me,if you'd be so good. Who are Inner Circle Investments?
Ken Anderson and his wife.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:42 pm

I see Mr & Mrs Anderson have "taken ownership" of Sports Shield rather than bought SS's shares in the club. Should I read anything into that?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:12 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:10 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Ken Anderson and his wife.
Ah, cheers, Yes. https://www.endole.co.uk/company/097820 ... tments-ltd
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:50 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:42 pm
I see Mr & Mrs Anderson have "taken ownership" of Sports Shield rather than bought SS's shares in the club. Should I read anything into that?

Sports shield bwfc ltd was set up by sports shield to act as the company buying Eddie's shares. Inner circle own that company, but I assume not the parent company sports shield.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:50 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:

Sports shield bwfc ltd was set up by sports shield to act as the company buying Eddie's shares. Inner circle own that company, but I assume not the parent company sports shield.
I' ve not gleaned from anywhere that Sports Shield Bwfc Ltd, is legally connected to any other Sports Shield "entities"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:36 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:27 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:50 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:

I' ve not gleaned from anywhere that Sports Shield Bwfc Ltd, is legally connected to any other Sports Shield "entities"
Well, Deano is sole director on both. And uses the 'other' sports shield company as the corresponding address.