Where Are They Now? Nigel Reo-Coker

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Where Are They Now? Nigel Reo-Coker

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 03, 2017 10:42 am

Our former midfield stomper has signed for Norwegian side IK Start. 33 next Sunday, since leaving us in 2012 he's been to Ipswich, Vancouver Whitecaps, Chivas USA and Montreal Impact before a trial with Tony Adams's Granada last month.
Attachments
NRC.jpg
NRC.jpg (217.68 KiB) Viewed 2503 times

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Where Are They Now? Nigel Reo-Coker

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 03, 2017 1:09 pm

Shithouse. I'm glad that his career has come to nought. He wasn't any good when he was with us anyway, the pompous c*nt.
May the bridges I burn light your way

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Couldn't stand him - ego much greater than his ability
The signing of "his sort" was a big factor in our drop out of the premier league
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed May 03, 2017 9:56 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 9:36 pm
The signing of "his sort" was a big factor in our drop out of the premier league
He wasn't very good but was more up for it than most in our relegation season and one of our better players at the time. (I know, tallest dwarf, one eyed man etc)
Definitely overrated himself though, exercising his release clause with undue haste and then sheepishly signing a part time contract with Ipswich after months of unemployment.
So yeah, bollocks to both him and a balanced view on the subject. c*nt!

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Thu May 04, 2017 8:04 am

He didn't seem like a player that would rally the troops and he jumped ship as easily as he could. I would imagine that he was talking about jumping ship prior to relegation instead of pulling everyone together and getting us out of the mire.

Mr publicity looked like he was trying at times so I can't fault him too much compared to other players, NGOG for example.

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Thu May 04, 2017 9:02 am

I dunno. I always liked him on the field. Solid if unspectacular. Seemed more up for the relegation barney than most. Tended to play like he cared anyway.

Half decent mystic too since he got out of town before the shit really hit the fan. Can't really blame him for that.

At least he got to see some of the world eh.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu May 04, 2017 12:02 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Absolute rubbish. The not playing of his sort by Captain Clap is precisely why we went down.

Clearly got an overly high opinion of himself, but I'd have f*cked off too if I'd been sat on the bench with Fabrice while we put out Eagles, Mavies, D-Pratz and Tubcay as a midfield 4 in the Premiership!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 04, 2017 12:29 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 12:02 pm
nelson66 wrote:
Absolute rubbish. The not playing of his sort by Captain Clap is precisely why we went down.

Clearly got an overly high opinion of himself, but I'd have f*cked off too if I'd been sat on the bench with Fabrice while we put out Eagles, Mavies, D-Pratz and Tuncay as a midfield 4 in the Premiership!
To be fair to the Clapper, NRC started 37 of our 38 league games that season. To be fair to NRC, he must have wondered who the f*ck else was supposed to tackle.

I never really liked NRC but he's a ways down the relegation-culpability list, which is headed by dear old Owen.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 04, 2017 12:32 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 12:29 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 12:02 pm
nelson66 wrote:

Clearly got an overly high opinion of himself, but I'd have f*cked off too if I'd been sat on the bench with Fabrice while we put out Eagles, Mavies, D-Pratz and Tuncay as a midfield 4 in the Premiership!
To be fair to the Clapper, NRC started 37 of our 38 league games that season. To be fair to NRC, he must have wondered who the f*ck else was supposed to tackle.

I never really liked NRC but he's a ways down the relegation-culpability list, which is headed by dear old Owen.
You're on a roll today DSB - that's where I was on him too...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 04, 2017 12:37 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 12:32 pm
You're on a roll today DSB - that's where I was on him too...
Evidently it's Stopped Clock O'Clock! :D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 04, 2017 12:43 pm

What DSB said. Exactly that.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 04, 2017 12:57 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 12:43 pm
What DSB said. Exactly that.
I can only assume everybody's being nice because it's my birthday :D

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu May 04, 2017 2:40 pm

Ha! Didn't realise it was that many as the one have he didn't start is the one I can never forget. Home game to a dreadful Villa and we essentially threw the game by putting out that four I listed. TBF, ISTR NRC (I enjoyed that) was suspended/injured, but Fabrice was sat on the bench.

All season we played a midfield with no physicality (or if we did, we took Fab off at 0-0 and promptly lost) and a static front two with no pace. We also defended on the halfway line with no pressure on the ball and Wheater and Sat Knight as the central two. Almost willfully trying to lose. We also played a scared-looking child in nets for half a year and STILL only went down on GD.

You wouldn't need to get close to competence to have kept us up that year.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Thu May 04, 2017 3:33 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 2:40 pm
Ha! Didn't realise it was that many as the one have he didn't start is the one I can never forget. Home game to a dreadful Villa and we essentially threw the game by putting out that four I listed. TBF, ISTR NRC (I enjoyed that) was suspended/injured, but Fabrice was sat on the bench.

All season we played a midfield with no physicality (or if we did, we took Fab off at 0-0 and promptly lost) and a static front two with no pace. We also defended on the halfway line with no pressure on the ball and Wheater and Sat Knight as the central two. Almost willfully trying to lose. We also played a scared-looking child in nets for half a year and STILL only went down on GD.

You wouldn't need to get close to competence to have kept us up that year.
Try Cahill and Knight as the centre halves. TBF to Coyle he did bring Kakuta on for Tuncay to add some, erm, something, to the midfield. And he later hoicked off Klasnic and told NGog to boot up. Heskey came on for Villa. The Indignation.

Back on topic. Reo-Coker. A proper Try-Hard-No-Talent footballer. At least he was a bosman....right?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat May 06, 2017 7:40 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 1:09 pm
Shithouse. I'm glad that his career has come to nought. He wasn't any good when he was with us anyway, the pompous c*nt.
Totally agree

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat May 06, 2017 8:40 am

Cant be arsed adding anything constructive, thought he was ok but probably let captain clueless continue to balls the team without saying owt knowing he could feck off easily enough. Not arsed either way. du du du nigel mediocre.