The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 04, 2017 9:32 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 7:30 pm
CrazyHorse wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 6:15 pm
Parky said when Clough left he signed at Forest for 'life changing wages'.
He's not coming back here.
My personal opinion is that his dip in form at the end was because he was aware of a possible move. For him to go backwards probably wouldn't bring the best out of him.

Pretty much agree with what everyone's said. I don't think we should hang onto huge wages for pride/sentimentality. I'd rather hand onto someone young-ish, versatile and not on eye-watering wages (Derik), than someone older, less versatile and on higher wages (Spearing). Madine is a tricky one, the team is apparently built around him, can we afford an upgrade? Would an upgrade actually be any better?
I'd rather keep someone good (Spearing) than someone a bit shit (Derik).

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu May 04, 2017 9:41 pm

Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 7:39 pm
"Parky said when Clough left he signed at Forest for 'life changing wages'.
He's not coming back here."

Thanks for the info, didn't know that - bang goes that one then, ho hum

Apologies Bruce, no offence meant :D

Slightly alarming that I'm lining up with PT already :P (but yeah F*** 'Em)

Agreed that BR away can be fun, last game we went to really wasn't though, dull as ditchwater, then a final kick in the nuts at the death - ouch (think the champ season before last?).

Pains me to say it but there's always been plenty of traffic between the two clubs (and Wigan too I guess), do they have anyone worth checking out atm, esp. if they drop? The itinerant footballers lifestyle must be a major ball-ache, especially if your a bit older with settled family n'all.
Welcome Jim anyway. And an excellent name.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 04, 2017 9:59 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 9:24 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 8:40 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 5:27 pm
Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 4:28 pm
Thanks BWFCi.
Makes me feel old that the vehemence with BR seems more tempered these days (sigh). Be the perfect end to a marvellous season if they drop. Maybe depends which end of Bolton you're from (Tonge Fold & Bradshaw back in th'day). Admit I can't get as worked up about the pie-eaters. Otherwise ancient hostilities resumed!
Hey Bruce. Fella's only been on here for 5 minutes and he's already having a pop at you! :lol:
I did think when I read it - '4uck. What've I done?' :lol:
This reminds me of the 'who do I need to apologise to?' texts you send the morning after a big night out! :lol:
You've usually already compiled at list by that point, you c*nt.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu May 04, 2017 11:20 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 9:59 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 9:24 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 8:40 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 5:27 pm
Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 4:28 pm
Thanks BWFCi.
Makes me feel old that the vehemence with BR seems more tempered these days (sigh). Be the perfect end to a marvellous season if they drop. Maybe depends which end of Bolton you're from (Tonge Fold & Bradshaw back in th'day). Admit I can't get as worked up about the pie-eaters. Otherwise ancient hostilities resumed!
Hey Bruce. Fella's only been on here for 5 minutes and he's already having a pop at you! :lol:
I did think when I read it - '4uck. What've I done?' :lol:
This reminds me of the 'who do I need to apologise to?' texts you send the morning after a big night out! :lol:
You've usually already compiled at list by that point, you c*nt.

Now here's the thing. I've been on this forum for 10 years: met a few London members, but never northerners such as BR or LE. However, having read many of their posts, I can well believe that Bruce offends people and the Lever one is a cnut. :lol:
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri May 05, 2017 12:37 am

And an astute judge of e-character you are TD!

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Fri May 05, 2017 1:23 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 9:32 pm
Armchair Wanderer wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
My personal opinion is that his dip in form at the end was because he was aware of a possible move. For him to go backwards probably wouldn't bring the best out of him.

Pretty much agree with what everyone's said. I don't think we should hang onto huge wages for pride/sentimentality. I'd rather hand onto someone young-ish, versatile and not on eye-watering wages (Derik), than someone older, less versatile and on higher wages (Spearing). Madine is a tricky one, the team is apparently built around him, can we afford an upgrade? Would an upgrade actually be any better?
lulz

I don't think anyone rated Marcos Alonso from his time at BWFC If there's no potential with Derik or anyone else then find a bargain somewhere else. After having seen what I've seen this season none of the midfielders should be on huge money, imho.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 05, 2017 7:00 am

Armchair Wanderer wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 1:23 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 9:32 pm
Armchair Wanderer wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:

lulz

I don't think anyone rated Marcos Alonso from his time at BWFC If there's no potential with Derik or anyone else then find a bargain somewhere else. After having seen what I've seen this season none of the midfielders should be on huge money, imho.
Derik has done absolutely nothing to suggest there is any sort of player there. He's fine for some versatile cover but that is it. Looked lost when played in midfield this season mostly.

Soearing is a good player but needs the right players around him. He actually seemed to go well with Karacan. Too often he's had someone like Pratley in there and it didn't work as neither are passers.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri May 05, 2017 10:10 am

The more I see of Derik the more convinced I am that he's just shite.

Incredible hair though, and that has to count for something.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 05, 2017 10:30 am

Prufrock wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 10:10 am

If he was English with normal hair and we'd signed him from Bristol City say, and he was exactly the same player quality wise, our fans would have booed him most of this season. He's no more or less effective than Liam Trotter. Factamundo.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri May 05, 2017 10:53 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 10:30 am
Prufrock wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 10:10 am

If he was English with normal hair and we'd signed him from Bristol City say, and he was exactly the same player quality wise, our fans would have booed him most of this season. He's no more or less effective than Liam Trotter. Factamundo.
Steady now. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri May 05, 2017 11:17 am

Derik is one of the worst midfielders/defenders/players i've ever seen in a BWFC shirt. Absolute dross. Worse than Trotter!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 05, 2017 12:33 pm

Ken wants sense (per BN):
The club has to live within its means to avoid the mistakes of the past and for us to remain competitive in this division there will be associated costs ... Our return to the Championship represents an opportunity for a new financial beginning and we must ensure that we build and operate a sustainable business plan both on and off the field ... Our finance team are currently working with myself on a business plan and budgets for next season. Something which we were not afforded the luxury of for the season just gone ... we are determined to build a competitive squad which will make their own mark on the Sky Bet Championship ... we have 17 players who are out of contract and it is important that we put down a marker now with them as to how we see the future of not only them as individuals, but the club as a whole ... The days of us losing £12-20m a year have to be well-and-truly behind us.
Karacan wants in (per BN):
I’d love to play Championship football with Bolton Wanderers. I’ve won it before, I know what it’s all about, so hopefully that experience can help the club. I’ve been in Turkey the last couple of years but I’ve seen what the club has been through. Even still, you come here, play on the pitch and sample just what this place is about – it really is massive. I’ve just loved being back home so if there’s a contract for me here, I would sign it. I’d like to reward the club for showing faith in me and offering me a chance to be a part of this success and play a part when they get into the Championship.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 05, 2017 12:37 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 12:33 pm
Ken wants sense (per BN):
The club has to live within its means to avoid the mistakes of the past and for us to remain competitive in this division there will be associated costs ... Our return to the Championship represents an opportunity for a new financial beginning and we must ensure that we build and operate a sustainable business plan both on and off the field ... Our finance team are currently working with myself on a business plan and budgets for next season. Something which we were not afforded the luxury of for the season just gone ... we are determined to build a competitive squad which will make their own mark on the Sky Bet Championship ... we have 17 players who are out of contract and it is important that we put down a marker now with them as to how we see the future of not only them as individuals, but the club as a whole ... The days of us losing £12-20m a year have to be well-and-truly behind us.
Karacan wants in (per BN):
I’d love to play Championship football with Bolton Wanderers. I’ve won it before, I know what it’s all about, so hopefully that experience can help the club. I’ve been in Turkey the last couple of years but I’ve seen what the club has been through. Even still, you come here, play on the pitch and sample just what this place is about – it really is massive. I’ve just loved being back home so if there’s a contract for me here, I would sign it. I’d like to reward the club for showing faith in me and offering me a chance to be a part of this success and play a part when they get into the Championship.
That was taken direct from his latest "note" on the official site.

Slightly different context in the original....
The club has received some feedback regarding the pricing structure, so I would like to take this opportunity to update you all on how we came to the decision.
It is important to remember that the prices have been held at the same level as our last time in the Sky Bet Championship in 2015/16 with a small increase to reflect inflation.
The club has to live within its means to avoid the mistakes of the past and for us to remain and be competitive in this division, there are associated costs.
Since I arrived at Bolton Wanderers Football Club I've already reduced expenditure for the benefit of the club and I am constantly looking at ways of driving revenue.
Our return to the Championship represents an opportunity for a new financial beginning and we must ensure that we build and operate a sustainable business plan both on and off the field.
There are still a great deal of areas to be addressed , but slowly and surely we are working through this. We appreciate that a season ticket is a significant expense for any football supporter and we truly appreciate and value the commitment you show throughout the season.
Pleased he addressed the criticism over price rises, with - if you want a championship side you have to pay the going rate for it. Which to me is fair enough.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri May 05, 2017 4:50 pm

Disagree on Derik. He was motm v Port Vale (h) playing midfield. He was part of a defence that kept three consecutive clean sheets when deputizing for Wheater in the Millwall (h), Coventry(h), Northampton(a) period. And he was part of the midfield that began the five game winning run starting with Fleetwood (a) that was key to gaining automatic promotion. Have to say he was rubbish during in the Bury (h) game but that was more due to a too defensively minded team and lack of Madine. To me he has the technical ability to play at least at Champ level, maybe not the know how or confidence.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 05, 2017 5:04 pm

Page 7. Signings 0. Disgraceful.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Fri May 05, 2017 5:09 pm

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/884297293?-11201:838:0

possibility? I know he's had a decent season! young, and a winger!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri May 05, 2017 7:41 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 5:09 pm

I liked him on the ball ( no, I didn't at the time because we were playing them and he made me twitch fearfully) for the fact he was prepared to take it to our defence rather than pass it like a lit thunderflash every time he received it. Whether he'd operate effectvely at Championship level is anybody's guess.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 05, 2017 8:12 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:

Until we are out of embargo we can't sign anyone like that, so a moot point till then.

I'd ask, why as a championship club though we'd want to sign someone Peterborough deem not good enough? I've seen he has decent stats, but also seems like he's wildly inconsistent.

Probably rather have Ameobi who we can sign on a free and we know he fits in well here.

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Fri May 05, 2017 8:45 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 8:12 pm
plymouth wanderer wrote:

Until we are out of embargo we can't sign anyone like that, so a moot point till then.

I'd ask, why as a championship club though we'd want to sign someone Peterborough deem not good enough? I've seen he has decent stats, but also seems like he's wildly inconsistent.

Probably rather have Ameobi who we can sign on a free and we know he fits in well here.
It mentions in the article that it's Peterborough policy to transfer list players in the last year of a contract, so he may very well be good enough. He may very well be crap also.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri May 05, 2017 8:51 pm

It's certainly a moot point. We won't be signing him. He's been listed, not because they don't want him but because they list all players in the last year of their contract . We wouldn't be able to afford what they'll be asking for him
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"