Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bw@bw
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by bw@bw » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:05 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:43 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:22 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:03 pm
Wonder if the auditors was forced i.e. Deloitte said no thanks to rooting through our files again!
I thought that, too. Although not sure whether we thought we didn't want them rooting through our files again...
Presumably Deloitte aren't the most budget friendly auditors for a skint football club.

Quelle surprise the accounts will be late again. Presumably submitted by the end of the (next) month?
Two sides to having Deloitte as auditors -Definitely NOT the most budget friendly....
BUT may be considered more favourably by prospective Investors / Lenders.
Especially those from far away.

One of my customers is a Director of a (now) Premier League club which had spent years in lower leagues.
Almost the moment they got promoted, they ditched (very reluctantly) their local accountants for one of the Big 4.
I got the very strong impression that the PL had leaned on them heavily - as they did on several other issues.

I suspect that we are doing this in reverse.
The PL seems a very long way away at the moment so why spend on PL auditors?
Especially since Deloitte are only really interested in Clients that can afford big fees anyway.

If new auditors have only been appointed this week there is no possibility of filing the accounts on time.
Even the end of April will be very tight.
In fact, it may make sense to delay until May, after Promotion has been decided.
It would be far easier to do projections of viability if they know (rather than hope) that we will be playing in the Championship next year.
What goes around may still come around

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:06 pm

Latest column is live; nothing about finances, only understandable contentment with matters footballing.

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/2016 ... 59419.aspx

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:42 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:06 pm
Latest column is live; nothing about finances, only understandable contentment with matters footballing.

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/2016 ... 59419.aspx
Also a link to the "Player of the Season" vote...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:08 pm

Not so much Anderson as financial: football/money expert Swiss Ramble has tweeted a lot of comparative information on the clubs who were in the Championship last season. We don't have an entry because we haven't submitted our accounts, but the information within might be useful to help place us in context of last season... and possibly next.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:24 pm

Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:08 pm
Not so much Anderson as financial: football/money expert Swiss Ramble has tweeted a lot of comparative information on the clubs who were in the Championship last season. We don't have an entry because we haven't submitted our accounts, but the information within might be useful to help place us in context of last season... and possibly next.
I've heard a few say it, but I'm beginning to wonder if it is true that the gap between League One and the Champ is now the biggest gulf in football?

I mean I would suggest that in the last 5 years looking at some of the champ spending, it has almost become premiership #2. Big clubs trying to spend their way up. With other clubs trying to spend their premiership millions from the previous year to get back up. Plus the rest.

Some of the spending in the Champ now is absolutely bonkers. Marc Iles was referencing this the other day, saying that whilst we were embroiled in our own financial meltdown the past 3 or 4 years we probably didn't notice what was happening in the championship and the money being splashed around, on fees and wages.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:24 pm
Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:08 pm
I've heard a few say it, but I'm beginning to wonder if it is true that the gap between League One and the Champ is now the biggest gulf in football?

I mean I would suggest that in the last 5 years looking at some of the champ spending, it has almost become premiership #2. Big clubs trying to spend their way up. With other clubs trying to spend their premiership millions from the previous year to get back up. Plus the rest.

Some of the spending in the Champ now is absolutely bonkers. Marc Iles was referencing this the other day, saying that whilst we were embroiled in our own financial meltdown the past 3 or 4 years we probably didn't notice what was happening in the championship and the money being splashed around, on fees and wages.
I'm sure at whatever level of the "pyramid" you want to drop to, there's going to be a huge gap between the highest spenders in the division and the lowest...

Fairly sure many teams in this division would think it would benefit them to have our budget...(even though we see it as a constraint)

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:51 pm

WANDERERS are reaching out to the hundreds of minority shareholders in an effort to keep them in contact with club business.

An official request has gone out this afternoon to ask stakeholders for their current email address.

In order for the Club to update its register with this information, shareholders are advised to email [email protected] with their full name, address and shareholder number, if known.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:51 am

We've appointed a new Head of Commercial.
Linton Brown, a former professional footballer with Hull City and Swansea City, has worked in a number of senior commercial roles in football with Hull City as Commercial Manager, then as Commercial Director and more recently as the Chief Executive Officer at Barnsley Football Club.

He said: “To be joining a club of Bolton Wanderers’ stature at such an exciting phase in its history is an honour.

”I’m looking forward to working alongside my colleagues to explore new commercial opportunities.”

Chairman of Bolton Wanderers Football Club Ken Anderson added: “We are delighted to have appointed Linton to lead the Club’s commercial strategy. He has a tremendous commercial pedigree in sport and will bring a wealth of experience as we look to continue growing our revenue across the business.”
http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/2016 ... 68964.aspx

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:08 pm

There seems to be a story to tell about his time at Barnsley, which ended abruptly in the middle of the last transfer window.

From a brief sniff around it sounds somewhat like he was elevated to CEO due to a lack of other directors: he was promoted to the role in November when owner Patrick Cryne stepped down from active involvement after discovering he had cancer. The only other tie-wearer around appears to be Maurice Watkins, the former MUFC board member who's now in his mid-70s, and whose role as chairman may therefore be more ceremonial than active (as chairmen often are).

However, on 13 January Barnsley sold star striker Sam Winnall to local divisional rivals Sheffield Wednesday; the howls of derision from the terraces were predictable, but what was less explicable was that 30 minutes after announcing that sale, Barnsley released another statement saying:
Yesterday, Linton Brown, Chief Executive, left the Club. This is a very critical period of the season for Barnsley Football Club given the dynamics of the transfer window. The Club has now commenced its search for a replacement. In the meantime, Chairman Maurice Watkins, supported by external advisors, will continue to assist Paul Heckingbottom with recruitment in particular.
Note that he left the day before the transfer went through; it's possible that the clubs agreed terms the day before the player did, but there certainly seems to be a story there. None of which is particularly germane to his new role at our club; not only do Ken & Son have that side sorted, but signing and selling players is a very different proposition to the other potential revenue streams, and the rest of his career has been firmly in football's commercial sector.

Welcome aboard and good luck, Linton.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:05 pm

Ken close to control, per BN:
The Bolton News understands Dean Holdsworth has now signed the paperwork which confirms Anderson’s Inner Circle Investments Ltd assume control of Sports Shield BWFC, the company created when the pair bought the club from Eddie Davies last March.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:14 pm

Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:05 pm
Ken close to control, per BN:
The Bolton News understands Dean Holdsworth has now signed the paperwork which confirms Anderson’s Inner Circle Investments Ltd assume control of Sports Shield BWFC, the company created when the pair bought the club from Eddie Davies last March.

I won't hold my breath. I started this thread last November in the belief that Ken had become the sole owner at that point! :D
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:44 pm

This bloke has been bragging to a business acquaintance of mine that he is buying The Wanderers this summer...

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/bus ... hone_firm/

Who knows - he could be telling the truth or just bigging himself up
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:44 pm

This bloke has been bragging to a business acquaintance of mine that he is buying The Wanderers this summer...Shabbir Khiljee from Bolton ... he certainly has the £££ and the right connections

The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:09 am

nelson66 wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:44 pm
This bloke has been bragging to a business acquaintance of mine that he is buying The Wanderers this summer...Shabbir Khiljee from Bolton ... he certainly has the £££ and the right connections

Not on his tod he won't be.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:23 am

nelson66 wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:44 pm

Shabbir Khilji: born January 1969, described by the BN in 2009 as a "father-of-three from The Haulgh" – intriguingly near Burnden. No idea if he grew up looking at the floodlights, but he seems to have been particularly active in 2009 chasing plans to build a country club (golf, hotel etc) near Middlebrook – namechecking our Premier League team and mentioning investors in India, Dubai, Egypt and South Africa who "want to invest, knowing they will not start getting returns for several years and because they know me and trust me. Like me, they are taking a long term view.”

I'm not sure the country club ever got built - if it did, it lost the Ormston name, or needs to sack its website editor - but he may have the same idea with investors in the club...

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/news/ ... otel_plan/
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/bus ... golf_site/
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/bus ... long_haul/
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/bus ... big_ideas/ (about a partner)

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:42 pm

Just seen this on Twitter. Bolton mentioned in an article involving an Australian consortium looking to buy an English football club. I think it is very much putting two and two together and coming up with five but we certainly fit the profile of a lower league club that they could be elevated back into the Premier League. Charlton and Coventry and are all mentioned as one of six clubs being looked at.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/m ... 05c74ac46f
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 10, 2017 9:33 pm

Two more winding-up orders received.
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... from_HMRC/

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Wed May 10, 2017 9:38 pm

Oh joy :(

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed May 10, 2017 9:46 pm

It'll be reet.
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed May 10, 2017 10:22 pm

Sounds serious. Those in the know, with the patience to get their heads round this kind of stuff - is this significantly worse than what we've already faced?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"