The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

palindromeofbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Post by palindromeofbolton » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:06 am

Iles back from holiday and touting 20-year-old Man City prospect Bersant Celina as a potential loan target.
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/15 ... _prospect/

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:27 am

palindromeofbolton wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:06 am
Iles back from holiday and touting 20-year-old Man City prospect Bersant Celina as a potential loan target.
...and playing down the Lloyd Jones rumour.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:39 am

Morais seemingly a bit unhappy on twitter - suggesting he had initial talks with the club about a new deal but hasn't heard from them since.

Not too sure I'm that keen on those who choose to play out their contract talks via social media. All seems a bit desperate to me. Re-tweeting fans asking the club to "sort him out".

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:53 am

Celina on Twente: "We play possession based football and we have a very young squad with really talented players. We try to play nice football. We normally play 4-2-3-1. I play as a No.10 in front of the two midfielders behind the striker. I really enjoy playing that position and think that's the position I'm best at.” (MEN, 21 March)

He scored 11 minutes after making his debut as as sub against Heerenveen in September. Scored in his next two games, too. Ended up playing 27 league games – all of them starts after that first one, subbed off 9 times, 5 goals and 5 assists. Although he eventually played slightly more on the left wing than at No.10, at least four of his five goals were right-footed.

He grew up in Norway and represented them at youth level, but switched to Kosovo when they were FIFA-recognised in 2014."I was born in Kosovo but we managed to escape to Norway when I was two, just when the war was starting.”

His career began in the youth ranks of Strømsgodset, playing in the same boys' teams as the two-years-younger prodigy Martin Odegaard, who was eventually signed at 16 by Real Madrid. Celina was signed, slightly more quietly, at 15 by City and has come up through the mini-Citizens ranks.

Was on loan with two other City kids - Turkish striker Enes Ünal and Ghanaian striker Yaw Yeboah. Ünal, who only turned 20 last month, top-scored with 18 in 32 and will probably go to a stronger European league – Lazio are interested – while right-winger Yeboah lost his regular first-team place in the spring.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:31 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:39 am
Morais seemingly a bit unhappy on twitter - suggesting he had initial talks with the club about a new deal but hasn't heard from them since.

Not too sure I'm that keen on those who choose to play out their contract talks via social media. All seems a bit desperate to me. Re-tweeting fans asking the club to "sort him out".
Yeah - that's not good...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:54 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:31 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Yeah. Those fans demanding the club sort his deal out will no doubt be the first to complain if we sign him, he's not that great and some other club sign a different player who turns out to be ace.

It is June. Clearly the club are working on deals, both renewals and new ones. There has to be an order. I'm sure Morais is in the category of "nice to have but what else is out there"?

Think I'd rather they got on with it and players kept their own counsel till such point as final decisions are made. Just a personal view.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:54 am
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Yeah. Those fans demanding the club sort his deal out will no doubt be the first to complain if we sign him, he's not that great and some other club sign a different player who turns out to be ace.

It is June. Clearly the club are working on deals, both renewals and new ones. There has to be an order. I'm sure Morais is in the category of "nice to have but what else is out there"?

Think I'd rather they got on with it and players kept their own counsel till such point as final decisions are made. Just a personal view.
As with any manager, it's up to Parky to work it out. Contracts aside, all players are "nice to have but what else is out there"... :-)

The point you make could be applied to any players...there's a good few we've already re-signed that were no great shakes last time we were in the Chumps...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:47 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:27 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:54 am
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

As with any manager, it's up to Parky to work it out. Contracts aside, all players are "nice to have but what else is out there"... :-)

The point you make could be applied to any players...there's a good few we've already re-signed that were no great shakes last time we were in the Chumps...
Well yes everyone is in that boat and it is ultimately up to Parky and the owners to make these decisions. I'd back Parky's judgement.

I would say that historically looking at their past records, Wheater, Karacan and Taylor have all played top flight football. Wheater and Taylor over 100 appearances each. That would suggest to me there is a decent evidence they can cut it in the championship. For those three I believe if we hadn't taken them others would have. I recall Iles on a Facebook live thing at the end of the season saying he understood a championship club had been sniffing round Madine too - whether you believe that or not...

I think Morais is the most vulnerable in terms of being a "flair player" who has never played in the championship before, and at 31 years old. By that I mean he fills the sort of position you can imagine us looking for the "premiership loans" of technically gifted youngsters to fill. Whereas knowing Parky I can't imagine him taking a risk on a young centre back over say a Beevers/Wheater.

I still think we'll sign Morais but I can personally understand why he'd be one of the latter ones the club might choose to do.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:12 pm

palindromeofbolton wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:06 am

He's been at the ground for a look around. Got a choice between us, a return to Holland and a Scottish Prem team
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:14 pm

Morais after 2 years, we've said 1 year take it or leave it.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:24 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:14 pm
Quite right too. Deserves a chance after his brilliant spell but nothing in his prior record suggests he will do it in the Championship.
Hope he signs and we get to find out though.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:28 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:24 pm
boltonboris wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:14 pm
Quite right too. Deserves a chance after his brilliant spell but nothing in his prior record suggests he will do it in the Championship.
Hope he signs and we get to find out though.
Right, for one year with an option, please. If he wants two years I'll drive him to Wigan myself.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:45 pm

The option being, play well and you'll get another. And I hope he does. It's a bit like the Kevin Davies thing in that sentiment is ruling certain fans' views in Twitter. Morais was on the scrapheap, we've given him a lot as well.

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:06 pm

I follow Bolton quite extensively but must admit I've never heard of him...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailym ... ghton.html

Ps. Doubt it is Mr Mourinho courting him...perhaps Nicky Butt et el...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:25 am

enrdentw wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:06 pm
I follow Bolton quite extensively but must admit I've never heard of him...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailym ... ghton.html

Ps. Doubt it is Mr Mourinho courting him...perhaps Nicky Butt et el...
Tis increasingly the way of things. Big clubs aren't necessarily waiting for the old-fashioned "Rob Holding-style" story of promising late-teen gets in team, shows mettle, interests clubs, gets move. These days they're after the younger and younger players because the profit margins are potentially even bigger: pay a nominal fee of five or even four figures, shove them in your own youth system and see what happens; even if you pay £10,000 per kid, all you need is one to earn you £1m (in sale fee or sell-on clause) and that pays for the next 100 kids behind him.

elhadj
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by elhadj » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:41 pm

some body suggest swindon goalkeeper Lawrence Vigouroux , i know we have four goalkeeper but we can sell at least two mark howard and try amos if no body wants him try alnwick , swindon goalkeeper is one of the best keeper last year right his team go down but he is a shining player this year .

elhadj
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by elhadj » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:42 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LGzyGL89Do watch his reflexes it's amazing .

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:50 pm

Priorities in descending order, as squad currently stands:

• Target man (better than Madine)
• Speedy striker (might be ALF)
• Right-back (who can play right wing-back)
• Left-winger
• Right-winger
• No.10
• Defensive midfielder (might be Spearing)
• Centre-back faster than my nan
• Back-up utility defender
• Promising loanees from Premier clubs

• Goalkeeper

And above all these things, hanging over the club like a shitty cloud, th'embargo

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:22 pm

Adam Le Fondre IS a Wanderer! Offish site confirms 2 year deal
Pfffft.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:24 am

Bits of news on potential loans in today's BN:

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... rers_move/

Also suggests that Henry won't be signing for us.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!