The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:56 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:39 pm
I think it's important to try and keep Cullen in light of injuries to Pratley and Henry

Pratley apparently had a protective boot on, which is rarely a good sign.

Burke has looked good the last 2 games and I think if we are to be flexible with systems, he's an important player to have
Ideally I’d like Cullen and another in. If we can only have one I’d gamble with someone other than Cullen. This league is all about physicality and Cullen just lacks that. With Pratley out we need another who can just cover the ground and whilst Cullen brings something to the mix I’m not sure game after game he’s got the physicality to dominate midfields in this division.

Be interesting to see what happens. I think Burke is progressing here so it would be good all round if he came back.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:25 pm

If Ken is hankering after a premiership striker who can't get a game with his club side - where's Aroune Kone these days? Never cracked it at Everton. Lots of injury problems with them but had a decent record with the pie men as a lone front man
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:08 am

From the BN this morning:

“The Wanderers boss has confirmed negotiations have begun to extend deals for West Ham pair Josh Cullen and Reece Burke, Everton’s Antonee Robinson and Newcastle United’s Adam Armstrong.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... oan_stars/
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:45 am

Is it just me, or would you not negotiate the ones you want to keep before their deals expire? You know, in advance to stop ideas of other clubs nipping in.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:49 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:45 am
Is it just me, or would you not negotiate the ones you want to keep before their deals expire? You know, in advance to stop ideas of other clubs nipping in.
They have been talking as Parky says. But premiership clubs won't have agreeing these deals as a top priority. The players themselves may want to see what options are there, especially the ones who are in demand and haven't played all that much here.

I think the reality is we have to hope they are agreed before the next league game (who cares about the cup?). But they might not be. I'd have thought Robinson has played enough and progressed enough here to make returning a no-brainer all round. No chance is he ready for Everton yet. The others I suspect will have other options for them/their clubs to explore.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:11 am

Taking the words used, it heavily implies that negotiations have just started. Not that we've been chatting with them for a while.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:39 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:11 am
Taking the words used, it heavily implies that negotiations have just started. Not that we've been chatting with them for a while.
"I have had discussions with the relevant clubs and continue to do so"...to me heavily suggests that negotiations have happened and are ongoing, especially as that quote was given after the last game when those loan players were still here.

"Have had".

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:46 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:39 am
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
"I have had discussions with the relevant clubs and continue to do so"...to me heavily suggests that negotiations have happened and are ongoing, especially as that quote was given after the last game when those loan players were still here.

"Have had".
I was reading the quote in Tony's post.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:06 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:07 pm
Darren Pratley's six foot and will run all day if you ask him to. But Parky has realised that he's better employed in a more specific capacity.

We've wanted this Big Lad In Midfield for so long (since Faye?) it's almost mythical. Considering this beast is usually cited when we lack defensive solidity, it's confusing to see it lumped in with the lesser-spotted Box-To-Boxer, a midfield type that largely went out of fashion after the Keane and Vieira pomp passed. The essential trouble with the very English notion of a box-to-boxer is that the ball travels faster (whether you prefer the long lump or the rapid-fire midfield transition) – so unless they're either exceptionally good at reading the game or almost inhumanly fast at recovery, they will get caught out of position. If they're big, they often lumber (Trotter). If they're fast, they're not generally big. If they're big and fast, they often can't kick straight or decide precisely when to dash where. If they're big and fast and can kick straight and can decide precisely when to dash where, they might not dash to us.
I think its a reference to some cover for what Vela does myself....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:07 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:46 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

"Have had".
Yeah, but that is just journalist paraphrasing. I mean to me its obvious they'd have re-signed the loanees by now if they could have. I'm sure its not for want of trying.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:27 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:07 am
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:46 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

"Have had".
Yeah, but that is just journalist paraphrasing. I mean to me its obvious they'd have re-signed the loanees by now if they could have. I'm sure its not for want of trying.
I don't bother reading BN to be honest. They block you for using a script blocker and whilst I appreciate they need ad revenue, I'm not allowing every man and his dog to track me across the web so they can spam me with shite.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:00 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:27 am
I don't bother reading BN to be honest. They block you for using a script blocker and whilst I appreciate they need ad revenue, I'm not allowing every man and his dog to track me across the web so they can spam me with shite.
I have to say, as someone who works in the industry and needs ad revenue, that I find the BN site (and other Newsquest sites) particularly irritating. I don't mind the ad content, and I don't mind them tracking me, even if it brings up the eternal problem of trying to sell me the thing I've just bought. the problem is that the constant loading of the various ad placements on the page makes the content jump about like a Mexican bean on shite amphetamines.

Anyway, in order to avoid that thing where you see a transfer-thread update and find it's just some bloke droning on, I tried to find some gossip - and there's nowt. Sorry.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:05 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:00 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:27 am
I have to say, as someone who works in the industry and needs ad revenue, that I find the BN site (and other Newsquest sites) particularly irritating. I don't mind the ad content, and I don't mind them tracking me, even if it brings up the eternal problem of trying to sell me the thing I've just bought. the problem is that the constant loading of the various ad placements on the page makes the content jump about like a Mexican bean on shite amphetamines.

Anyway, in order to avoid that thing where you see a transfer-thread update and find it's just some bloke droning on, I tried to find some gossip - and there's nowt. Sorry.
It's the 3rd party cookies that track you that bug me, they really clog your browser up. I'm not bothered about ads as long as they aren't popping up or enlarging themselves if you accidentally move your mouse within 12 inches of the thing. I was just trying to load the BN page to see how many trackers and scripts they foist on you, but can't load the page anyway (crap internet).

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:39 pm

Just managed to load the BN page. 17 trackers of various types they tried to stick on my PC. 17!

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:23 pm

Someone mentioned trying to take Vaughan on loan from Sunderland earlier in the thread? Rumour has it he may be off to Fleetwood, who have really struggled so far this season. There is some suggestion they might lose young Cole in this transfer window and will need a replacement. Personally, I'd be too frightened of him getting injured in week 1 or 2, leaving us with feck all up front, particularly if Madine does go.

Weren't we looking at Eoin Doyle last season at one point? He's on loan at Oldham (which has just ended) and banging them in at the moment.

**Update via Marc Iles on Twitter. Doyle is apparently very poorly with a blood clot and will be out for some time. Feel for the lad.**
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:45 pm

Cullen looks a done deal according to the BN, based on comments made by Barry Fry who was trying to sign him for the remainder of the season. So that AT doesn’t have to subject himself to tracking, the key bit of the article is:

“Fry admitted defeat, however, complaining: “I thought I had the Cullen deal sewn up. West Ham’s owners had been very helpful, but Bolton have suddenly started picking him and he is now going to stay there.”
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:11 pm

:D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:25 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:45 pm
Cullen looks a done deal according to the BN, based on comments made by Barry Fry who was trying to sign him for the remainder of the season. So that AT doesn’t have to subject himself to tracking, the key bit of the article is:

“Fry admitted defeat, however, complaining: “I thought I had the Cullen deal sewn up. West Ham’s owners had been very helpful, but Bolton have suddenly started picking him and he is now going to stay there.”
Iles on twitter saying its not done yet.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:16 am

Newcastle Chronicle says Blackburn and Bradford want to borrow Adam Armstrong, "while there is also some interest from the Championship.”

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:13 pm

https://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/ ... midfielder

I'm hoping this happens. That would be our midfield sorted imho.